Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 03-21-2019, 05:57 PM   #1
uashes

Trader Rating: (0)
uashes is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
RB25 S14 wiring/plumbing

So I've inherited a project car im trying to get up and running. Ive got a rb25det neo for my s14. Built block stock head for now and lots of bolt ons. I have a few unanswered questions.

With the aftermarket intake/exhaust manifolds having no use for the original manifold's sensors, what consequences will i have deleting all but the necessary sensors? Like the traction control to the TB etc.

Ill also be running an external oil cooler but the stock oil warmer has sensors built in. I suppose i could relocate them but do i need them?

Also can i delete evap items such as the charcoal canister and purge valve to reduce wiring/complexity?

I know the questions are a little broad but im just trying to find the right questions to ask to wrap my head around wiring/plumbing this thing.

Thanks in advance
uashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2019, 12:45 AM   #2
Juantwo3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
Juantwo3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
What intake manifold is it? If it’s a greddy you will need to use a “series 2 “ fuel rail and injectors, the harness will need to be reworked for the “series 2” injectors you can use a q45 throttle body and again rewire to run the TPS on that tb. You will need the series 2 iacv also since that’s what it requires if you you have an neo 6 intake manifold it has a different iacv but they make a billet adapter so you don’t have to purchase another iacv and you can use the new 6 one.

Wiring specialties makes a harness to your liking and you can tell them what injectors you plan on using and what sensor plugs you will and will not have

Oil cooler warmer sensor? Do you mean the oil cooler thermostat or the oil temp sensor

Yes the evap can be deleted, BUT gas fumes need a vent.

It’s pretty easy and there are many more detailed responds online deep in the infinite abyss that is zilvia