Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-20-2018, 07:33 PM   #91
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Everything wrong with Nissan's aesthetic and ethos in the last 10ish years is decidedly french. Look at the historically noteworthy ugly and ill convinced Renaults going back decades.

Fucking convertible CVT SUVs. 10000% French.
Old 11-20-2018, 08:11 PM   #92
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
fReNcH cArS r UgLy

The French have made beautiful & ugly cars.
The Americans have done the same.
Ditto the Germans.
The Italians.
Japanese.
Etc.

Also between the UK, Italy and France...that's pretty much all of racing history covered. Alain Prost, heard of him? Matra? The 24 Hours of Le Mans? The Peugeot 908 (aka the car that ended Audi's dominance)? Didier Pironi (the rightful 1982 F1 champion were it not for an unfortunate injury causing him to miss 1/3 of the season)? Henri Pescarolo? Sebastien Loeb? Renault dominating F1 multiple times over the last few decades? Ligier? Sebastien Ogier? Didier Auriol? Johann Zarco in MotoGP?

France has a ridiculously rich motorsports history. They also still make fun, affordable cars to this day, Renault is not to blame for Nissan sucking in 2018. Nissan is to blame. They were not exactly a boon for car enthusiasts in 1999, were they?

Don't be a dolt.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 09:15 PM   #93
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Nah. Renault has always made butt ugly cars with maybe 5 exceptions prior to piggybacking off Nissan.

Don't be an apologist.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:37 AM   #94
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I'm going to agree with gbaby. I like a lot of French auto designs.

I do think many of the designs are taking risks like the 'renault megane trophy', Citroën ds 2, the modern alpine, peugot 308 gti, etc. Lots of polarizing hatchback design cues I'd imagine are love it or hate it. I personally love it, but realize I'm a minority. I think the classic and new alpine a110 are stunningly attractive, and yet it wouldnt surprise me if most people on this site hates it too.

I just don't think the French aesthetic appeals to buyers who prefer cleaner looks like say the vw gti or current mazda 3 (I find them a bit boring). To me its a shame because a lot of these are genuinely good driving cars or so many of the reviews would indicate. I would have no problem if Nissan replaced the stodgy and sad Sentra nismo with the megane rs, and the versa with the clio rs (a fiesta st competitor).

I think there were some fun cars under Ghosn. I'm not sure he had a lot of confidence in the
US market (if not also Japanese and Chinese) market wanted them enough to justify the investment.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 04:00 AM   #95
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
I'm going to agree with gbaby. I like a lot of French auto designs.

I do think many of the designs are taking risks like the 'renault megane trophy', Citroën ds 2, the modern alpine, peugot 308 gti, etc. Lots of polarizing hatchback design cues I'd imagine are love it or hate it. I personally love it, but realize I'm a minority. I think the classic and new alpine a110 are stunningly attractive, and yet it wouldnt surprise me if most people on this site hates it too.

I just don't think the French aesthetic appeals to buyers who prefer cleaner looks like say the vw gti or current mazda 3 (I find them a bit boring). To me its a shame because a lot of these are genuinely good driving cars or so many of the reviews would indicate. I would have no problem if Nissan replaced the stodgy and sad Sentra nismo with the megane rs, and the versa with the clio rs (a fiesta st competitor).

I think there were some fun cars under Ghosn. I'm not sure he had a lot of confidence in the
US market (if not also Japanese and Chinese) market wanted them enough to justify the investment.
He was too French to have confidence in the U.S. market its not like the French are particulary enamored to us. Fact is they are too proud to accept the fact that we bailed there asses out in two world wars. They are not the grateful type. They tend to resent that fact too. So it stands to reason he would have little faith in our market we are buffoons in their eyes and even more so now with Trump. Lol

Oh and Truthfully FiST’s own Clio’s lol and Meganes. Plus what makes anyone think a Hot Hatch will do will in U.S. these days anyways. The Hot hatches that are here are some of the best in the world amd their sales are still mediocre in comparision to Trucks and SUV’s. Its a bit embarrassing but true. Between Ford amd VW its not like we are wanting for some good Hot hatches.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 04:25 AM   #96
Green Arrow
BANNED

Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
yep those are ugly, they look like they also double as boats. Nissan has been the joke for the past 10 years.
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:20 AM   #97
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
He was too French to have confidence in the U.S. market its not like the French are particulary enamored to us. Fact is they are too proud to accept the fact that we bailed there asses out in two world wars. They are not the grateful type. They tend to resent that fact too. So it stands to reason he would have little faith in our market we are buffoons in their eyes and even more so now with Trump. Lol

Oh and Truthfully FiST?€™s own Clio?€™s lol and Meganes. Plus what makes anyone think a Hot Hatch will do will in U.S. these days anyways. The Hot hatches that are here are some of the best in the world amd their sales are still mediocre in comparision to Trucks and SUV?€™s. Its a bit embarrassing but true. Between Ford amd VW its not like we are wanting for some good Hot hatches.
This is an extremely ignorant post about all things.

Last edited by gbaby2089; 05-10-2020 at 08:02 PM..
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:08 PM   #98
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Here's a shocker for everyone.

I like Nissan because it is Nissan and not Renault. I don't want my Nissan to look like a French design. I want my Nissan to look like a Nissan.

I could probably list 35-40 models of Nissan with spot on styling, styling that new Nissan models should echo rather than some weird ass fish car with intentionally fucked up styling.

If I had the time I'd make a montage of triumph compared to a montage of fishy dogshit.
Old 11-21-2018, 12:10 PM   #99
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
This is an extremely ignorant post about all things.

Also, if you're going to bring up wars........you may want to to realize the colonists would've been C R U S H E D by the british if not for french assistance. So you should be thanking the French for your ability to be a dipshit & worship at the altar of a loosely sentient bag of racist hair gel.
Ah excuse me if you think I like or am a fan of the man in office, you just assumed a lot. I hate that bumbing fool. Lol

The post is not ignorant at all, its true France as a country has and does look down on us . A lot of French look at us im contempt. Truth hurts but its true. Oh and yes they did resent us bailing them out in both wars just look to French politicla comments about us in the 1950’s and 1960’s . Were you even alive in the 60’s?

As far as the revolution comment, yup they helped us out but they did not bail us out. Lol

You throw a lot of insults at me while all I did is write some historical truth. Hmmmm don’t like truth and respond with insults.

Now who does that sound like?

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 05:10 PM   #100
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post

Oh and Truthfully FiST’s own Clio’s lol and Meganes. Plus what makes anyone think a Hot Hatch will do will in U.S. these days anyways. The Hot hatches that are here are some of the best in the world amd their sales are still mediocre in comparision to Trucks and SUV’s. Its a bit embarrassing but true. Between Ford amd VW its not like we are wanting for some good Hot hatches.
The megane trophy is more of a ctr & focus rs competitor than fiesta st. You're also not getting Ford hatches in the US pretty soon unless in the unlikely event Ford somehow changes its mind. So hot hatch wise, you're pretty much stuck with the VW gti and golf r, which may or may not come with a manual based how things change in the market. Vw in Australia I think has stopped offering manual GTis. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd like to think having more options isnt a bad thing.

I was tempted to add the CTR and veloster N, but I have a hunch those would not be taken seriously here given Zilvia seems to prioritize a certain aesthic over performance and how the car actually drives.
Old 11-22-2018, 11:53 AM   #101
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
...the aesthetic is ‘not ugly’...and the CTR is. Amazing engineering and accomplishments don’t change the fact that Honda made an ugly fucking car.

At the end of the day we want to be fast and cool, right? That’s what made hot rods what they are and that’s pretty much our end goal now: to be our idea of ‘cool’. Style is an opinion but most people nowadays don’t really like something, we just settle for it. CTR is a good example because on paper it’s amazing but I don’t think anyone REALLY loves the styling 100%. We settle because of what the car offers.

I hope this Nissan shake-up doesn’t force us to settle for ugly, bulbous, decompressing-deepsea-fish-brought-up-in-the-dragnet styling anymore. Here’s to hoping...
Old 11-22-2018, 03:00 PM   #102
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I would expect a quick(for a car company) change. They've had so many compelling designs and technologies go nowhere under this asshole that they must be chomping at the bit to break out and style on the auto world again.

Countdown to Nissan finding the cash to not only buy enough of their own stock to negate Renault's stake in the company but also buying majority in Renault.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:36 AM   #103
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Ghosn was denied bail(again) and officially resigned today.

Why his resignation was announced by the French finance minister rather than the company is a good fucking question. It shows how deep the problems run and what Nissan has been up against.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:04 AM   #104
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Renault is now openly copping to his embezzlement. If this is what they found and we're willing to talk about publicly I wonder what investigators will turn up.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKCN1PW0ON
Old 03-05-2019, 09:00 AM   #105
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Ghosn's bail approved. Bond set at $9,000,000. Prosecutors have appealed.

Edit
The release agreement would be house arrest, a gag order, and 24/7 surveillance of the home. I'm sure there's more but that's what's been released.
Old 09-05-2020, 11:13 AM   #106
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

https://www.foxbusiness.com/business...u-s-judge-says
Old 09-05-2020, 05:59 PM   #107
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Eventually a movie needs to be made of this.
Old 09-05-2020, 06:10 PM   #108
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

yes, would love to see it made into a comedy
Old 09-15-2020, 09:58 AM   #109
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

https://japantoday.com/category/crim...s-trial-begins
Old 09-15-2020, 02:15 PM   #110
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
This was all in the best interests of Nissan," Kelly said, reading from a statement.

Sure, sure. Lmfao
Old 09-15-2020, 07:39 PM   #111
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Can you imagine going to real prison for an actual millionaire that fled the country without you?
Old 02-12-2021, 12:41 PM   #112
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

The guys that smuggled ghosn out are being extradited to Japan.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/michael...adition-japan/
Old 02-12-2021, 11:47 PM   #113
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Ghosn is innocent and should have cut ties the minute he stepped down.

Japans legal system is for the shits and for the birds.

Without Ghosn, this company is DOOMED.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 10:27 AM   #114
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Dude, you are certifiable. lol