Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-30-2021, 04:04 AM   #17431
7evil
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Spoon rooftop concept...

Old 09-30-2021, 07:52 AM   #17432
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
well thats certainly different!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 09:15 AM   #17433
A DOG 406
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
A DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I like the concept roof design.
It is one solid piece of Billet machined down That is never doing it wrong IMO.
It was also on an episode of This VS That recently on a Spoon S2000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUJW5wQSetQ
Old 09-30-2021, 11:30 AM   #17434
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
It's like someone saw a MINI Cooper S Coupe and a Land Rover Series with a tropical roof on their way into an Art Deco through Jet Age exhibit, did some doodling, and accidentally mixed up all stylistic elements of everything. Bizarre.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 11:52 AM   #17435
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
All I see is a dude in some sperry's, short shorts, and a polo drooling over that roof. Time attack goes yacht clubbin'
Old 09-30-2021, 01:51 PM   #17436
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Y'all think the Odyvia kit is DIW but think that fucking monstrosity is... interesting.

Go buy a Ford and leave the rest of us alone.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 04:34 PM   #17437
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Roof is ass, and if you like it you're probably just bored since nothing new has come out for the cars we like in a long time.

Stop settling for less just because Spoon made it.
Old 10-01-2021, 06:47 AM   #17438
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
There has been shit that's come out - it's just ass. Case and point: the new Z. I dunno why everyone is so pumped. That thing is fucking ugly. I can only imagine how gross the NISMO edition will be.
Old 10-01-2021, 06:57 AM   #17439
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Speaking of which:

Here you go. Some DIW that should hit home. Did they start from the front and just want to be done after they finished the wheel arches in the rear? It looked like they all just packed it up and went home. In person, it's worse.
Old 10-04-2021, 04:54 PM   #17440
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
There has been shit that's come out - it's just ass. Case and point: the new Z. I dunno why everyone is so pumped. That thing is fucking ugly. I can only imagine how gross the NISMO edition will be.
As far as new parts/aero for existing chassis, I mean. It's Honda's fault that Spoon has nothing new to sink their fangs into.

The stock photo you posted looks like ass, as do most overly-edited photos of it. The 'taken-with-a-mobile-device' photos of the 400Z always look better to me, but we will see. As a (maybe, hopefully) fan of the 400Z I'll admit that a lot of my enthusiasm comes from the fact that someone clearly let the design team incorporate retro design language. Take that away, and it still has a TT V6 w/manual trans...but if it looked more in line with the 370Z I'd probably chalk it up to 'meh'.

Personally I think the new GR86 is on a fine line of DIW. The RC/Supra design makes the car look like a Tiburon. I love what they've done motor/transmission-wise for sure...but it just reeks to me. If that motor fits in the old chassis I'd love to see a swap one day...
Old 10-05-2021, 09:43 AM   #17441
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Personally I think the new GR86 is on a fine line of DIW. The RC/Supra design makes the car look like a Tiburon. I love what they've done motor/transmission-wise for sure...but it just reeks to me. If that motor fits in the old chassis I'd love to see a swap one day...

Considering the overwhelming majority of the automotive community wanted it turbo it could be argued keeping it N/A was DIW.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 04:58 PM   #17442
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Considering the overwhelming majority of the automotive community wanted it turbo it could be argued keeping it N/A was DIW.
Oddly enough, I disagree with the 'youngins' on this one. The car is doing a pretty good job of capturing the 'essence of 86' by being dogshit slow. I had a 2013 and I really enjoyed the drive, although I definitely noticed the lack of 'oopmh' in a very publicly disclosed RPM range.

I think people nowadays just want to go fast for no reason. I like the 86 as a 'momentum' car. You have to really be focused on driving to get that out of it.

I know I'm waxing poetic about cars, but TL;DR I don't think staying NA is DIW for this car.
Old 10-05-2021, 07:31 PM   #17443
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
The car is doing a pretty good job of capturing the 'essence of 86' by being dogshit slow
im fucking dying!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 07:08 AM   #17444
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Quote:
Oddly enough, I disagree with the 'youngins' on this one. The car is doing a pretty good job of capturing the 'essence of 86' by being dogshit slow. I had a 2013 and I really enjoyed the drive, although I definitely noticed the lack of 'oopmh' in a very publicly disclosed RPM range.

I think people nowadays just want to go fast for no reason. I like the 86 as a 'momentum' car. You have to really be focused on driving to get that out of it.

I know I'm waxing poetic about cars, but TL;DR I don't think staying NA is DIW for this car.
I agree with this and anyone that can't understand this (I'm looking at you, followers of "@Sick Nasty JDM Tunerz" and the like) are just not worth arguing with.

Plus, 200+hp in a sub 3k# car is like, not that bad.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 07:57 AM   #17445
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

As someone who's seen a stream of the actual 400Z, it's still eye cancer. I mean, cool shit for at least boosting the thing to the moon and having a manual so everyone who buys one can flash it, tune it, and start making power and blowing motors. I'm cool with that without question. The Toyota thing though... keeping it slower than Ed, Edd, and Eddy is pretty dumb. I hope that they have a release series planned where it'll come turbo or supercharged or something. Nissan still offered their supercharges via Stillen. I don't think Toyota/Subaru ever offered such a kit with factory support.

TL;DR - Nissan 400Z = uglier than Amy Schumer's Garbage Pale Kids face/body but the drivetrain seems promising.
TL;DR2 - Toyota whateverthefuckitscalled = something Gordon Ramsey would cuss out and eliminate it off the face of the earth.
Old 10-06-2021, 10:24 AM   #17446
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Having not driven them I understand the arguments of both sign from a text book perspective.

I get the idea of having a car that handles well is peppy and is a real drivers car. You cannot rely on power to make the car go fast. You need to know how to really drive the thing.

On the other hand lets take a look at facts. A 2020 Toyota Sienna has a 0-60 of 6.9 seconds. The 2022 GR86 has a 0-60 6.1 with a manual and 6.6 with the auto.

In today's world where 500HP+ factory cars are becoming a norm, I can see where someone would want a "tuner" car with a bit more umph.

Like what if they had made it turbo but with a small one to reduce boost lag, kept the same HP and TQ numbers, but allowed those who want to up the boost, swap the turbo injectors, fmic, etc. to do so so they can make a faster car without having to build the engine or buy an entire turbo kit.
Old 10-06-2021, 10:24 AM   #17447
Future240
Future Moderator

Having not driven them I understand the arguments of both sign from a text book perspective.

I get the idea of having a car that handles well is peppy and is a real drivers car. You cannot rely on power to make the car go fast. You need to know how to really drive the thing.

On the other hand lets take a look at facts. A 2020 Toyota Sienna has a 0-60 of 6.9 seconds. The 2022 GR86 has a 0-60 6.1 with a manual and 6.6 with the auto.

In today's world where 500HP+ factory cars are becoming a norm, I can see where someone would want a "tuner" car with a bit more umph.

Like what if they had made it turbo but with a small one to reduce boost lag, kept the same HP and TQ numbers, but allowed those who want to up the boost, swap the turbo injectors, fmic, etc. to do so so they can make a faster car without having to build the engine or buy an entire turbo kit.
Old 10-06-2021, 05:21 PM   #17448
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post

Plus, 200+hp in a sub 3k# car is like, not that bad.
Not bad at all. The older ones were already getting cheap and with the release of the new one they should be an awesome alternative to your typical USDM SChassis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
As someone who's seen a stream of the actual 400Z, it's still eye cancer.

TL;DR - Nissan 400Z = uglier than Amy Schumer's Garbage Pale Kids face/body but the drivetrain seems promising.
TL;DR2 - Toyota whateverthefuckitscalled = something Gordon Ramsey would cuss out and eliminate it off the face of the earth.
I guess we'll (both) have to see. Some guy that lives here in Japan just posted a phone pic of a 400Z on a car carrier and even he said the pictures on the internet/videos really distort the proportions. I hope I can get eyes on one soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post

...but that is kind of the point: why do we all need to be going faster? If you agree that the car works better when you 'have to know what you're doing' to get the most out of it then imagine the carnage on CA streets when JDMSupremeLZHoonigan fuckboi gets a car with more 'umph' that he can't drive lol.

I hear you, but I'm just saying keeping up with the joneses wasn't the point of this car, and that's one of the main reasons why I like it.
Old 10-07-2021, 11:55 AM   #17449
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

They had a blue production model 400Z at that KoruWorks/Hoonigan thing they just did. It was a garage event and they had a separate viewing room with the Z parked next to Ryan Litteral's Pro car. Someone did a walk around and gave a better idea on what the proportions and what not look like on the model that people will buy. I trust you - it's not much better [if better at all].
Old 10-09-2021, 08:58 AM   #17450
7evil
Zilvia FREAK!

7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
all i see is a dude in some sperry's, short shorts, and a polo drooling over that roof. Time attack goes yacht clubbin'
:d:d:d:d:d
Old 10-25-2021, 10:08 AM   #17451
7evil
Zilvia FREAK!

Supra fake Aston

Old 10-25-2021, 12:33 PM   #17452
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That looks terrible. The wheel choices are the icing on the terrible cake.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 01:02 PM   #17453
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Some headlights and rear wheels aways from being fuck-with-able
Old 10-26-2021, 07:24 AM   #17454
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
Some headlights and rear wheels aways from being fuck-with-able
Agreed. It's honestly not THAT bad. I agree the headlights and wheels are doing it no favors but TopSecret does weird Supra shit. Respect the drip, Karen.
Old 10-26-2021, 07:41 AM   #17455
Future240
Future Moderator

Its not bad in the sense of the actual body work is good, body lines are surprisingly decent. It is still major DIY in the sense of being a fake Aston and course the wheels/lights.
Old 10-28-2021, 03:13 PM   #17456
deolio
Post Whore!

This belongs here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7evil View Post

Old 10-29-2021, 10:38 AM   #17457
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

jedi03 is on a distinguished road
that camber deserves some throat chopping action...i just imagine him hitting a curb and everything falling apart...not a cool drift, just driving over the rain gutter type hitting...
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 11:32 AM   #17458
nick_d_240sx
Leaky Injector

nick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymore
Where do you drive that you can have a car that low? My car isn't even low and I still manage to scrap on shit.
Old 10-29-2021, 12:15 PM   #17459
gabefromcali
Leaky Injector

gabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_d_240sx View Post
Where do you drive that you can have a car that low? My car isn't even low and I still manage to scrap on shit.
From the trailer in the parking lot to the event center and back.
gabefromcali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 01:59 PM   #17460
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_d_240sx View Post
Wherever you want. Just gotta not be a pussy and ignore the scraping 😂