Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:20 PM   #1
beno1987

Trader Rating: (0)
beno1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Ka24e starter problems?

I've had my 90 coupe since Thanksgiving day 2010 with 289k. But it had a fresh motor swap from previous owner with unknown miles. ran strong til Friday June/10/2012 @ 355k, tried starting her up regular, clutch down and neutral and everything, wouldn't crank just clicked so i got hot hit the starter to try and free the solenoid but it didn't work. so i popped started it to take it to autozone, tested my battery and its working 100% charged it, then i put the battery back in my car and tried starting it again, same thing, i would hear my fuel pump whine up, lights get a little dim from the starter motor charging up, as i turn the ignition one more time just alot of clicking, so i thought its my starter, bought one with lifetime warranty manufactured in Malasyia, worked good for 2 days til this morning, took the day off went to autozone to replace it, now i have a manufactured one from mexico, autozone tested it before i installed it still wouldnt work, so i thought its my wiring, i got down and checked all grounding, from my negative cable to where its bolted to the corner of the battery tray to the intake manifold, all good. checked all alternator wires all good nothing touching, i went to the junk yard changed the blue relay with the 2 bottom plugs, and all the relays in the fuse box as well as brand new fuses, even the relay box on the driver side by the intake filter, changed the clutch saftey relay, the 3 relays behind the fuse box as well as all the fuses. cleaned the terminals, and STILL it won't start. im running out of ideas. i can push start it and runs fine. such a pain in the butt. please help. thank you
beno1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #2
iveexcaped3
Zilvia Addict

iveexcaped3 is an unknown quantity at this point
idk if you tried it but on my SOHC i just click the key from on to start like 20 times fast until it catches the signal wire and turns over, AUTOZONE= GARBAGE
iveexcaped3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:52 PM   #3
beno1987

beno1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
ive tried, it just drained my battery to low power then i would have to pop start and run it til the battery is charged again

so i found the problem, previous owner had a remote starter system installed, i dont know if that had to do anything with fixing it but there was a starter cut-off relay, i got rid of all the wires and she fired right up.

Last edited by beno1987; 06-14-2012 at 06:55 PM..
beno1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:28 PM   #4
24oAM

24oAM is an unknown quantity at this point
im glad you got it figured out. i had a similar problem but i just needed the rubber switch on my clutch and it worked fine again
24oAM is offline   Reply With Quote