Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:35 PM   #1
240ornah

Trader Rating: (0)
240ornah is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Need ideas on what to do (quarter panel damage)

First off im new here and i just wanted to know if this dent is bad enough to where i have to take it to a shop and have them do it or is it possible to do it myself using a body hammer, dolly and some other misc tools.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10306089_488474427964867_6081364615366967766_n.jpg (95.5 KB, 77 views)
240ornah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2014, 06:45 AM   #2
Rayne
Zilvia Addict

Rayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfection
Yes, you can do the repair work yourself. The body shop would either pull the dent out or hammer it out.
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:09 AM   #3
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Anything is possible if you have the time and patience to do it. That's a pretty large dent to pull out. I'd unbolt the fuel tube from the fender and start with a slide hammer.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:12 AM   #4
Black R
Zilvia Addict

Black R is an unknown quantity at this point
Over fenders and done?
Old 07-05-2014, 11:56 AM   #5
angel mkiv
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
angel mkiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black R View Post
Over fenders and done?
Exactly! And top it off with a set of wheels to match and some coilovers and your set.it would look funny without those 2.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:15 PM   #6
inlineesiixxx

inlineesiixxx is an unknown quantity at this point
I had decent damage on the opposite side.. i beat it out from the inside and then used bondo on the outside. to smooth it and fill. it worked pretty well, but i second the over fenders and done haha
inlineesiixxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:32 PM   #7
BiggDatty

BiggDatty is an unknown quantity at this point
Pop it out, bondo it or you could just get overfenders. Putting a big ass sticker over it works just as well lol

-Dat
BiggDatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:11 PM   #8
240ornah

240ornah is an unknown quantity at this point
i guess i might as well do it myself since everybody says it ain't that bad. Now im just gonna collect all the tools needed to do the job. (slide hammer, body hammer, bondo, dolly, grinder, sandpaper, drills, bondo hardener.) if im missing anything let me know guys. thank you very much
240ornah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:45 PM   #9
Bert Spaid

Bert Spaid is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240ornah View Post
i guess i might as well do it myself since everybody says it ain't that bad. Now im just gonna collect all the tools needed to do the job. (slide hammer, body hammer, bondo, dolly, grinder, sandpaper, drills, bondo hardener.) if im missing anything let me know guys. thank you very much
240ornah
Iam new to the 240s!! Iam in the middle of doing a LS swap for my son's 240.I have built many race cars from circle track to drag racing.Iam a Body man by day and fabricator for the love of doing it.As you have asked all you need to do is go from the inside bump it out you dont need ant fancy tool's.You can use a ball peen hammer to bump it out use a flat piece of metal 1/2 thick will work.Bump it light from the inside out see what it moves and if need bump harder to move with the piece of metal up against the out side where you are hitting so you dont stretch the metal.STRETCHING THE METAL IS THE BIGGEST WORRY you will end up with a knot with no where for it to go.Be easy and it will come out.You should not have to drill holes but if you do DONT SNATCH it this will stretch it put a small 1/8 sheet metal screw in it grab with vise grips and pull and you will see how much force you need.Hope this helps or pm me and we can call and talk.
Bert Spaid is offline   Reply With Quote