Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-06-2020, 03:34 PM   #23041
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
I’ve been here a year but I’ve never touched car paint, can I just spray rustoleum primer on it
yes, but you should use a paint on top of the primer (let the primer dry before painting)

follow manufacturers instructions

https://www.rustoleum.com/pages/home.../use-a-primer/

https://www.rustoleum.com/product-ca...ch-up-aerosols

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2020, 03:35 PM   #23042
Presto
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Presto is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
yes, but you should use a paint on top of the primer (let the primer dry before painting)

follow manufacturers instructions

https://www.rustoleum.com/pages/home.../use-a-primer/

https://www.rustoleum.com/product-ca...ch-up-aerosols
Ohh okay thanks guys!!!
Presto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:54 AM   #23043
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
anyone know if this fits s13? the PN lists s14 but it looks like it would fit both?
https://www.nissanparts.cc/oem-parts...IFJlc3VsdHM%3D

Quote:
Old 02-07-2020, 09:03 AM   #23044
brndck
Premium Member

anyone know if this fits s13? the PN lists s14 but it looks like it would fit both?
https://www.nissanparts.cc/oem-parts...IFJlc3VsdHM%3D

Quote:
Old 02-07-2020, 09:19 PM   #23045
Presto
Leaky Injector

Is there any gasket between the filler neck and the fuel tank on an s13? Or do I just screw it onto the tank? or can I use liquid gasket? From the pictures of the whole assembly it doesn’t show one so maybe I’ll just screw it on
Old 02-09-2020, 11:16 AM   #23046
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Is there any gasket between the filler neck and the fuel tank on an s13? Or do I just screw it onto the tank? or can I use liquid gasket? From the pictures of the whole assembly it doesn’t show one so maybe I’ll just screw it on

Yes there is a rubber(gas resistant) gssket that goes between the two...would not advise liwuid gasket there.
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 01:19 PM   #23047
JStarling15

JStarling15 is an unknown quantity at this point
New to forum. I’m looking for a complete rear suspension setup out of a 240 and or 300z. Does anybody have one available? Also, does any have overall widths of them both? Thanks.
JStarling15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 05:19 PM   #23048
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Welcome florida.... good luck
Old 02-09-2020, 05:50 PM   #23049
Bleakley
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Bleakley is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
May end up making my own thread on this. Vehicle is 1991 240sx hatch
Come summer I’m cutting the spare tire well out and fabbing / mounting a rear mount radiator setup, swirl pot / air separator, the whole nine.

Figured I’m not so limited on radiator size at this point and was wondering what you guys who track your cars are using (what brands and sizing?)? I was going to go with Koyo, Mishimoto, Griffin, etc. idk? Any other brand recommendations?
Radiator is going to be mounted 22.5-45* (probably 30-45*) w/ fans mounted on bottom pulling air from inside cabin outwards.

Currently toying with the idea of running 2 Ford Taurus fans on something. Just trying to find a core that’ll fit two 15-16” fans.

Edit: and what to do with the expansion tank? Keep it in the front? Mount it in the rear? I’m assuming keep it up front above the swirl pot right?

Last edited by Bleakley; 02-10-2020 at 06:53 PM..
Bleakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 08:42 PM   #23050
Presto
Leaky Injector

Where can I get fuel resistant o rings? I need one for between the filler neck and tank on 89 240sx s13
Old 02-12-2020, 08:56 AM   #23051
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Where can I get fuel resistant o rings? I need one for between the filler neck and tank on 89 240sx s13
you may wanna check with this company, seems like they'll be able to sell you what you need.
https://www.fillernecksupply.com/gas...b-78-v-6-hole/

Quote:
Old 02-12-2020, 07:21 PM   #23052
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
https://www.google.com/search?q=fuel...h=678&dpr=2.63
Old 02-12-2020, 07:23 PM   #23053
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleakley View Post
Come summer I’m cutting the spare tire well out and fabbing / mounting a rear mount radiator setup, swirl pot / air separator, the whole nine.

Figured I’m not so limited on radiator size at this point and was wondering what you guys who track your cars are using (what brands and sizing?)? I was going to go with Koyo, Mishimoto, Griffin, etc. idk? Any other brand recommendations?
Radiator is going to be mounted 22.5-45* (probably 30-45*) w/ fans mounted on bottom pulling air from inside cabin outwards.

Currently toying with the idea of running 2 Ford Taurus fans on something. Just trying to find a core that’ll fit two 15-16” fans.

Edit: and what to do with the expansion tank? Keep it in the front? Mount it in the rear? I’m assuming keep it up front above the swirl pot right?

Ull need a electric water pump to help with circulation, run a dual/triple pass radiator, large cfm fans.... expansion tank should be the highest point of ur setup..mount by top of radiator. Also had a solid bleeder port on the top of motor, help purge air while filling the radiator/motor up.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:58 PM   #23054
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:

Think about the airflow outside your car. Like at 40 mph, if you stick your hand out the window.

Maybe there's some amazing taurus fan I don't know about. Do you have a taurus fan or something? If you're going to use random junk to make such a critical system, you should generally try to go get the best junk possible to do the best job possible - is it too much to ask you look beyond your other broken cars for parts?
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 10:54 AM   #23055
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:

What's the reasoning behind a rear radiator setup?

Other random thought is if you run an auto radiator, you can easily hook up plumbing for a rear diff cooler.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 07:59 PM   #23056
Bleakley
Zilvia Addict

We got a live one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post
Think about the airflow outside your car. Like at 40 mph, if you stick your hand out the window.

Maybe there's some amazing taurus fan I don't know about. Do you have a taurus fan or something? If you're going to use random junk to make such a critical system, you should generally try to go get the best junk possible to do the best job possible - is it too much to ask you look beyond your other broken cars for parts?
What the f*** are you talking about?
Your username is perfect. You should be murdered for how retarded that reply was.

“What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.”
Old 02-15-2020, 08:12 PM   #23057
Bleakley
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
What's the reasoning behind a rear radiator setup?

Other random thought is if you run an auto radiator, you can easily hook up plumbing for a rear diff cooler.
I’ll keep that in mind. Reasoning is for RB25DET swap and I have to cut the spare tire well for rust repair anyway. I’m probably going to midmount my intercooler was well to a) keep the car somewhat quiet (in terms of being somewhat of a sleeper and for police. In PA they see intercooler and tinted windows and some of them just love to give guys a hard time). And b) run a lot less IC piping.

@S14Rebuild. I’m gonna keep Swirl pot and expansion tank up front. Expansion at highest point. Radiator will be mounted 30-45* (probably 45*) and will have TWO! Ford Taurus fans pulling air. Gonna run w/o electric pump for a little while and see how it goes, but the plan is to eventually go electric WP. Whether Davies Craig or Meziere

I’ve found some off the shelf rads that might work for my application and may end up going custom from Griffin or Cold Case. We’ll see. Cores I’ve been looking at are 32.5”+ in width and 16.5”+ in height. Finding a rad actually wasn’t hard, the inlet being top right though, that’s proving a b***h to find at this size.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:21 PM   #23058
Bleakley
Zilvia Addict

Once the money starts coming in and the project starts picking up steam I’ll definitely be starting a thread to share it all with you guys.
Car’s gonna be BITCHIN’
RB25DET w/ G30-900, GTX3584RS, or G35-1050
FS5R30A Trans, S14 subframe / Ford 8.8 Rear, Roll Cage

Would like a deep 10.X time slip
Old 02-16-2020, 09:16 AM   #23059
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
What the f*** are you talking about?
Your username is perfect. You should be murdered for how retarded that reply was.

“What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.”
I knew you couldn't think, now I know you can't read.

Do it. Post your temp gauge after a pull with taurus fans pulling cabin air over your rad, show how wrong I am.
Old 02-16-2020, 09:17 AM   #23060
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

*double post, posty-problems
Old 02-16-2020, 07:28 PM   #23061
Bleakley
Zilvia Addict

I can do that. I’ll keep it in mind.

Last edited by Bleakley; 02-16-2020 at 11:13 PM..
Old 02-18-2020, 09:23 AM   #23062
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Before I pull the trigger, I wanted to get some second opinions. Recently bought a Blitz NurSpec exhaust for my S14; all hangers meet up at factory points and no issue with installation. My original exhaust was some custom straight pipe with what seems to be a Circuit Sports Cobra downpipe with no flex section. When it came time to mate the two together, with a new test pipe from ISR, there was a lot of gap between the flanges where the test pipe would go. I test fitted my Blitz exhaust with ISR test pipe on a friend's setup, who has ISR DP with Megan elbow, and everything fit snug.

This led me to believe the Circuit Sport DP was the issue. Now, Im thinking of buying a PBM Cobra DP with the flex section to try to fix my issue, but wanted to get second opinions on whether people think the Blitz exhaust will fit with the PBM pipe and ISR test pipe. Im not sure of the compatibility. Is the PBM made to route to factory location where test pipe would go to meet the rest of the exhaust system? I dont want to run in this issue with the PBM Cobra pipe.
Old 02-18-2020, 09:43 AM   #23063
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Not uncommon for exhaust parts to not line up when you mix and match different brands. I can say i've never had an exhaust not fit with the PBM downpipe. It's the best downpipe on the market for stock location turbo.

If it doesn't line up i'd bet that the ISR test pipe is the issue and probably intended to be used with an ISR downpipe and exhaust. I'd just go have it extended to fit at that point.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 09:44 AM   #23064
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Not uncommon for exhaust parts to not line up when you mix and match different brands. I can say i've never had an exhaust not fit with the PBM downpipe. It's the best downpipe on the market for stock location turbo.

If it doesn't line up i'd bet that the ISR test pipe is the issue and probably intended to be used with an ISR downpipe and exhaust. I'd just go have it extended to fit at that point.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:15 PM   #23065
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Thanks for the feedback, I do have a stock manifold with stock turbo location. If the test pipe doesnt fit, Ill return it haha
Old 02-22-2020, 12:58 PM   #23066
JR_SMG

JR_SMG is an unknown quantity at this point
Guys this is random and I am new here but I was wondering if this was done before. A s14 kouki front end on a Silvia s15 body. I currently have both and am liking the s15 rear end more than the s14 but like the front end of the kouki.
JR_SMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 03:07 PM   #23067
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_SMG View Post
Guys this is random and I am new here but I was wondering if this was done before. A s14 kouki front end on a Silvia s15 body. I currently have both and am liking the s15 rear end more than the s14 but like the front end of the kouki.
yes its been done.
yes it was a bad idea then
yes, its also your car and your money, do with it what you will, just be aware that you will get a WHOLE lot of "why the fuck did you ruin that car?" reactions from anyone who knows what an s15 is

Quote:
Old 02-24-2020, 05:19 PM   #23068
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
I am not a JDM or S15 fanboi, so I actually like that Kouki front-S15 concept. It's the only ".5" conversion I'd accept as "cool looking".

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 06:12 PM   #23069
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
yes its been done.
yes it was a bad idea then
yes, its also your car and your money, do with it what you will, just be aware that you will get a WHOLE lot of "why the fuck did you ruin that car?" reactions from anyone who knows what an s15 is

This should NEVER be done
Old 02-25-2020, 09:17 AM   #23070
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
I am not a JDM or S15 fanboi, so I actually like that Kouki front-S15 concept. It's the only ".5" conversion I'd accept as "cool looking".

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
So, why do you own an S15 then?