Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 12-18-2008, 08:40 PM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post First Drive: 2009 Nissan 370Z

12-17-2008 12:55 PM

Filed under: , , ,

Click above for high-res gallery of the 2009 Nissan 370Z

Stand on any corner in any city, close your eyes and open your ears. Eventually you'll hear the telltale swell of an engine as someone blips the throttle while braking before the bend. This secret auditory handshake among gearheads signals the arrival of a driver schooled in the art of heel-and-toe. And when the 2009 Nissan 370Z goes on sale in January, you won't be able to tell an aspiring Schumacher from Joe the... shoemaker. Nissan's simple yet brilliant "SyncroRev Match" will relegate the artistry of rev-matching to the annals of motoring history. Other automakers compelled to offer manual gearboxes for the dedicated few will doubtlessly adopt the system, and those of us who care - who've unconsciously conditioned ourselves to crane our heads to catch a glimpse of what's coming - will cease to do so. Progress is a double-edged sword and rarely balanced, but don't fret. The 370Z's overly hyped rev-matching system isn't the end of the world, and it's hardly the best part of Nissan's new Z. Follow the jump to find out what is.

Photos copyright (C)2008 Damon Lavrinc / Weblogs, Inc.

Continue reading First Drive: 2009 Nissan 370Z

First Drive: 2009 Nissan 370Z originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 17 Dec 2008 13:55:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

PermalinkÂ*|Â*Email thisÂ*|Â*Comments

More...
ZilviaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2008, 10:09 PM   #2
silly_13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
silly_13 will become famous soon enoughsilly_13 will become famous soon enoughsilly_13 will become famous soon enoughsilly_13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
hmm looks weird shouldve made it look like the s30...
silly_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 02:12 AM   #3
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I love it.

Basically I'm already sold on it, think its time to give up my S14 for something newer. Can't wait to see what January brings along
Old 12-19-2008, 02:17 AM   #4
I10cruiser
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
I10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to I10cruiser Send a message via Yahoo to I10cruiser
id hit

I10cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:04 AM   #5
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
wtf heavier than the old model? What happened to 15% weight reduction?
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:16 AM   #6
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
wtf heavier than the old model? What happened to 15% weight reduction?
Yea I read that too, it said basically the base version was 96 or so pounds lighter, but the grand touring version will be heavier. Thats supposed to come with like leather heated seats and side curtain airbags, so naturally that'll be alot heavier.

It doesn't mention the weight for the so called sport package though. Which it said comes with Nismo engine oil, which I don't care for much....but it'll have a LSD cooler which seems like a nice edition until Kaaz makes a 2 way for it, granted its not just sharing the same diff from the 350.

Very interested to see how responsive the engine is to mods though. I really haven't seen much reason why I shouldn't take a crack at getting one. (Aside from the $35k+ projected price tag. Do'h!)

Something weird though I remembered while looking through the video comments, a video I think Road and Track made said the Z ran 13.3s, not 13.7s and was considerably lighter. I bought the new issue that features the Z on front, gonna do some comparisons on the 2 stories...

Edit: Just scrolled through the new issue of Road & Track and some interesting conflicts come up...

-R&T says the new Z is 200lbs lighter, weighing in at est3175lbs. AutoBlog said it shaved 95lbs and finishes at 3232lbs.
-R&T says weight distribution is 53/47. Autoblog, 54/46.
-R&T says its 2.5in shorter, and is 1.7in wider. AutoBlog says its shortened by 2.7 inches, wider 0.5 inches up front and 2.2 inches in the rear.

I realize the last 2 points are nit-picky as hell, but its kind of weird that the 2 articles don't agree. 95lbs and 200lbs is a noticeable difference.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:04 PM   #7
RedStage
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
RedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
hate the head and tail lights.
rims need to go too...not liking the "Z" style spokes.

RedStage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:07 PM   #8
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Autoblog is not the most accurate of sites on the web. I would honestly take Road and Tracks word over Autoblog. Also truth be told they are speculating about the touring package. The really don't have the info. I found their whole article to be on the biased side and looking to pick fault. Hell they were harsher on the 350 than most other people are. I would not take Autoblog as a defacto.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:38 AM   #9
JeremyR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
JeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JeremyR
UGH
UGH UGH UGH

i can heel toe my damn self

i dont want the car to heel toe for me.

what happens when i try to heel toe in a car that does it on its own?? can i turn it off? WHAT THE H.

heel toe is like second nature to me i dont think about ti i just do it. i odnt want my car to do it for me, fuck fuck FUCK
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 03:02 AM   #10
hai1206vn
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (13)
hai1206vn is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarkrune View Post
i dont want the car to heel toe for me.

what happens when i try to heel toe in a car that does it on its own?? can i turn it off? WHAT THE H.
There is a button to turn it off. Happy?
hai1206vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:21 AM   #11
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Lol yes there is an off button for the S-Mode or whatever its called. That being said, I think its a welcome addition granted it doesn't break and malfunction really fast.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:48 PM   #12
ZipTied
Leaky Injector

ZipTied is an unknown quantity at this point
They should have put some newer styled schwastika's (sp) on it!
ZipTied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 06:04 PM   #13
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipTied View Post
They should have put some newer styled schwastika's (sp) on it!
i dont get it.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 07:41 PM   #14
muddafakka
Zilvia FREAK!

muddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPanda View Post
i dont get it.
He's probably talking about 280ZX wheels aka Swastikas.

They would look worse than these Z-styled wheels.

The 5-spoke Rays that were offered on the 350Z were nice though.
muddafakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 12:49 PM   #15
LADii Z
BANNED

LADii Z is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to LADii Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStage View Post
hate the head and tail lights.
rims need to go too...not liking the "Z" style spokes.
I'm in total agreement with ya.

Since day one, I'm in total disgust with the headlights and the tail lights.
and rims...just no.
LADii Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 07:06 PM   #16
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

I think I'm blind, I don't see any Z's in the wheels.

And for the headlight haters, this was posted in another thread:

Old 12-25-2008, 10:30 PM   #17
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarSilvia View Post
I think I'm blind, I don't see any Z's in the wheels.

And for the headlight haters, this was posted in another thread:

Someone succeeded in making it uglier.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:38 PM   #18
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
that paragraph makes me feel stupid
allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:31 AM   #19
MongolPup
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
MongolPup is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
As far as the auto rev-matching goes, I think it's impressive they could pull that off, but at the same time it scares me a bit.
MongolPup is offline   Reply With Quote