Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 11-04-2019, 02:19 PM   #1
nonarcs

Trader Rating: (0)
nonarcs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S13 Differential Strength

Maybe I am looking in the wrong places but, but I am currently in the process of building the rear of my car to hold up to 800 hp and know that there are half-shafts good to 900 hp, but the weak link seems to be my r200 and I wanted to know what is the best way to have assurance that the rear will be good to 800hp, I have heard of the q45 and the 350z diffs, but haven't seen definitive proof of them holding up either.
nonarcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2019, 03:09 PM   #2
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
generally, look and see what other people in that power range are using.

See any drag cars using 240sx diff?

see any high powered drift cars using 240sx diff?

seems like most everyone has switched to a Winters quickchange or R230

If you're concerned that your diff won't hold the power, switch to something larger, and either way have it WPC treated, or cryo treated, or both.

side note, what are you building that will make 800WHP?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:09 AM   #3
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Put a ford diff in it like everyone else.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 09:49 AM   #4
nonarcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
generally, look and see what other people in that power range are using.

See any drag cars using 240sx diff?

see any high powered drift cars using 240sx diff?

seems like most everyone has switched to a Winters quickchange or R230

If you're concerned that your diff won't hold the power, switch to something larger, and either way have it WPC treated, or cryo treated, or both.

side note, what are you building that will make 800WHP?
Me and my father are building a street car with a mast LS7, it will most likely never get to 800 whp, but Id still like to have it overbuilt since it will have close to 650
Old 11-05-2019, 09:50 AM   #5
duballstar37
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
duballstar37 is on the path to ruinduballstar37 is on the path to ruinduballstar37 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
This is not an ad, but I used to work with a company that manufactures quick install subframes for Winters differentials (bolt in for S13/S14/S15/etc):

https://www.sikky.com/product/silvia...ange-subframe/

In other news, I've seen some R230 setups w/ DSS axles take quite a beating, but use case is key.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:01 AM   #6
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Don't launch on 335 slicks and you should be good at that "torque" level
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:06 PM   #7
nonarcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by duballstar37 View Post
This is not an ad, but I used to work with a company that manufactures quick install subframes for Winters differentials (bolt in for S13/S14/S15/etc):

https://www.sikky.com/product/silvia...ange-subframe/

In other news, I've seen some R230 setups w/ DSS axles take quite a beating, but use case is key.
Yeah Ill probably just fork over the money and as to not worry about it down the line with a winters quickchange, thank you for sending me this company had not seriously looked into them before.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:52 AM   #8
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
R200 never gave me problems even @500whp with a SR and I was not that gentle with 18x10.5 and 255s. It probably helped that it was sub 40k mile and not wore the fuck out.

Most of the failed R200s I've see were ones that had been welded. I think one case was a low 400whp KA that had a 2pc driveshaft and worn bushings. The extreme driveline slop and ridiculously sticky tires gave sooo much of a shock that it just grenaded the pinion
Old 11-07-2019, 10:25 AM   #9
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Unless you're on the drag strip launching on some wrinkle walls, you should be fine.