Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Old 12-04-2010, 03:38 PM   #31
waxball88
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
waxball88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
If you are going to have the bump button rule i'd say

1. Premium members can bump once every 4/6 hours and regular members every 12/24

If you don't have a difference what is preventing non members from continuously bumping/posting in their threads, which in turn would put premium members at a disadvantage.
waxball88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2010, 07:16 PM   #32
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxball88 View Post
If you are going to have the bump button rule i'd say

1. Premium members can bump once every 4/6 hours and regular members every 12/24

If you don't have a difference what is preventing non members from continuously bumping/posting in their threads, which in turn would put premium members at a disadvantage.
Every 4-6 is too often IMO, I would say 12-16 for premies and 24 for the masses...
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:18 PM   #33
Tougegtr-33
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Tougegtr-33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I completely agree!
Tougegtr-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:23 PM   #34
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
i agree 12/16 for premies, 24 for the rest...mods, what is the process for this actually getting the green light? get it approved by the boss and thats pretty much it? also, will their be any down time with the site while the bump button is being implemented?
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:07 AM   #35
AladdinAlec

Trader Rating: (1)
AladdinAlec is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
I personally think that our 2 bump limit is stupid. I do understand that we have to keep people from bumping all the time, but it's a waste of space and time to have to write 20 threads to sell one item because you're only allowed to bump it twice before it's closed. I propose that the bump rule should be changed to one bump per day, with unlimited bumps on a thread. I see no reason why having to write a new thread would provide any benefit to anyone.
I like how once, youve made your F/S thread and bumped it twice. Then make a new one after three days, they Warn you for making another F/S thread. Becuase its a duplicate. But your still trying to sell that item so you bump it twice then then wait again and make anew one, then your ass is banned..........
AladdinAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:41 AM   #36
240sx123$
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
240sx123$ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AladdinAlec View Post
I like how once, youve made your F/S thread and bumped it twice. Then make a new one after three days, they Warn you for making another F/S thread. Becuase its a duplicate. But your still trying to sell that item so you bump it twice then then wait again and make anew one, then your ass is banned..........
I mean, the current system just encourages people to be sneaky and creative. Have your friend ask you a question to bump it.. then dont reply for a day. Then when you do answer it, you get another bump. Everyone cheats the system here- thats why the two bump rule is dumb. It encourages people to bypass it, and those who havent figured that out just get frustrated. At least with the new rule, it will be unanimously fair. There wont be any controversy over whether or not something was a bump- it will be plain to see, and with 1 bump a day, its not like you have to be strategic about when you use it. I think one bump a day for everyone, regardless of premie status, is the fairest way to do it while still allowing the moderators to do their job without creating more work for them.
240sx123$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:51 AM   #37
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AladdinAlec View Post
Please show me where this is the case. I've created the same FS threads exactly after 3 days with no problems (if you want, feel free to see my thread history). I've never been warned about creating a duplicate thread either.

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:21 AM   #38
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
1 bump a week is more logical. Daily bumping would be way to annoying.

I'd also like to see an end to the relistings too, it makes searching a PITA because one seller has 10 ads for something. It also means I might miss something as I assume locked ads are sold items, but that is not always true.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:38 AM   #39
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
have there been any changes made yet or any updates?
Old 12-24-2010, 07:28 PM   #40
choleaoum
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
choleaoum is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I was just gonna post this same damn thing, why the fuck do we have a bump rule? This is the only forum I know that has it and that's why I'm barely ever on it..

Get rid of it, I hardly ever want to come here because of that stupid ass rule.

It makes it easier to sell by limiting the amount of bumps per hour rather then NONE at all for 3 days. Those who are too lazy to bump/maintain there thread must not want there product sold!
choleaoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:21 PM   #41
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
How about just unlocking threads that have been bumped too many times after 3 days instead of having to start new threads after days? Wouldn't that be better than having to make new for sale threads?

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:15 PM   #42
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
im all for the new change, lol i honestly started like 5 threads for selling the same sh!t, one per day is good imo
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:57 PM   #43
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
please extend the bump limit, so racerx2k1 can get a break from closing everyones thread.
Old 12-25-2010, 09:49 PM   #44
Couped_up'd
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (47)
Couped_up'd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
I would also be down for a prem. account..if it decreases the bump time limit.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:58 AM   #45
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

can any of the mods/admin keep us posted or update us on whether or not anything happening with this?
Old 12-30-2010, 01:44 PM   #46
SinGarage
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
SinGarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couped_up'd View Post
I would also be down for a prem. account..if it decreases the bump time limit.
I would also be interested in premium account if this applies.
SinGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:57 PM   #47
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
please extend the bump limit, so racerx2k1 can get a break from closing everyones thread.
If people want to buy your stuff, they'll find it. 3 bumps is plenty to try and get attention for the items.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:36 PM   #48
Vatche
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (289)
Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 289 reviews
I love the idea of making some progress on this topic. it REALLY is a big deal to all the users of the forum. and because i am one of the many people dealing with the bump rule i thought i would throw in my opinions too

I appreciate the time the mods put in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
Get us the info on how to make the bump button happen, and I'd definitely be willing to look into it.

The reasoning behind the bump limit is that I/we got tired of seeing 8 page threads with only one user posting in it saying 'bump!/bump it up!/to the top/etc'.
It is also tiring for the many users who have to deal with the 2 bump rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
If people want to buy your stuff, they'll find it. 3 bumps is plenty to try and get attention for the items.
I check the for sale and wtb sections constantly and i constantly miss threads that i wish i didnt because they dont get to be bumped enough.

If I constantly check my for sale thread and bump it once daily

and then Mr. 2 checks every other day

and Mr. 3(with 3 posts) checks once a week

The more active user would be rewarded.

I see ALOT of threads cluttering up fs section with SOLD parts.

There would be less clutter if one thread was maintained and edited. I feel stupid copy pasting the same for sale thread over and over because i keep it updated instantly upon change.

+1 for the bump button.

I have thought about this bump rule alot and i cant piece together all my thoughts on it in this one post.

Just another small thing is, when a thread gets closed for 3 bumps. I can't copy paste anymore cuz Editing is not allowed.
Also I miss being able to close my own for sale threads, since i have multiples
The Ultimate For Sale Thread <> Review Thread
Vatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:23 AM   #49
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
New bump rule +1
Imarvin240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:38 AM   #50
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

hey mods, any updates?
Old 01-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #51
thisbelest
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
thisbelest is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
+1 I'm with u on this, sucks having to rewrite another thread
thisbelest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:29 PM   #52
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisbelest View Post
+1 I'm with u on this, sucks having to rewrite another thread
But see, constantly bumping your thread doesn't allow new ones to be seen, and shuffled to the back. In essence, if they immediatly bump their thread, it's going to go back above yours.

I personally can't stand seeing the bump stuff so often..it really clutters sthings up.

Again, there is no reason why anyone looking for stuff cant' go back 3-4 pages to find something posted in the last 24 hours...the constant bumping clutters as much as the 'sold' items not being closed out.

Again, if people want you stuff they'll find it. I've sold things listed months after initial post, and others within the hour.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 01-04-2011, 12:45 PM   #53
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

ok heres the thing though, you get 2 or 3 bumps period and the thread is locked. then you wait three days (wtf?) and make a new one. how hard would it be to institute "every two day bump rule" or something similiar...their is such a high volume of for sale threads on this site that a thread can go 4-5 pages back over night. granted daily bumps might be crazy, but i firmly believe every other day should be good. not too mention this re evaluation of the bump rule is brought up pretty often and i'm curious why it hasn't/won't be changed considering it seems the majority of the site agree with it...

edit:
on a side note, giving a set # of bumps will be a pain in the ass for the mods. they have to check each thread and actually count the bumps/decide what counted as a bump or not. simply saying daily/every other day bumps would make it easier for them. they would just have to check the dates.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:12 PM   #54
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
site that a thread can go 4-5 pages back over night. granted daily bumps might be crazy, but i firmly believe every other day should be good. not too mention this re evaluation of the bump rule is brought up pretty often and i'm curious why it hasn't/won't be changed considering it seems the majority of the site agree with it...
That's the issue with it all. 3-5 new pages can appear overnight..and now you want to introduce consistant bumping of old threads to push that number to 5-8 pages??

Fair is fair IMO. By constnatly bumping your thread, you push other's stuff back. Granted everyone wants 'to sell their junk' but to push others stuff back because some members spend 95% of their Zilvia time in the classifieds bumping their stuff, sucks.

'IN theory' I wish there was a way that said 'Ok, you made 10 contibutions to General or Tech sections, you now are allowed 1 bump' or something like that. Would probably help bring general site knowledge 'up' and help everyone out. Granted I know that would probably be impossible (and even if it did work, you can bet people would clutter the 'chassis registry' and 'OMG PICXZ' threads and ruin the idea), but the thought counts.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:35 AM   #55
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
That's the issue with it all. 3-5 new pages can appear overnight..and now you want to introduce consistent bumping of old threads to push that number to 5-8 pages??
So far, ONE person seems to understand things being the way they are.
Quote:
Fair is fair IMO. By constantly bumping your thread, you push other's stuff back. Granted everyone wants 'to sell their junk' but to push others stuff back because some members spend 95% of their Zilvia time in the classifieds bumping their stuff, sucks.
So what you’re saying here is that the system as currently constructed is actually fair?
Quote:
'IN theory' I wish there was a way that said 'Ok, you made 10 contibutions to General or Tech sections, you now are allowed 1 bump' or something like that. Would probably help bring general site knowledge 'up' and help everyone out. Granted I know that would probably be impossible (and even if it did work, you can bet people would clutter the 'chassis registry' and 'OMG PICXZ' threads and ruin the idea), but the thought counts.
Exactly…
No amount of idiot-proofing has prevented the invention of better idiots. We have the rule in place now where new users have to wait before they get full access to the marketplace and there is already a new thread every other day in spite of information as to why being readily available.

People...
We’re not ignoring this thread – well… we are ignoring the thread in that we’re not responding, but the issue at hand is being discussed – we’re discussing changes in ALL of the rules at current and working on a solution that will work for all parties involved. Mind must be kept on the best means of implementing a change, considering the inevitable great many who will try to cheat the rules.
That said, do NOT PM me if your aim is to rush us into anything or offer half-assed suggestions that serve only to your own personal gain. The fact remains that no matter WHAT we do, toes will be stepped on and someone will feel put out by it and get their ass on their shoulders, so what must take place is to do what is most fair for all involved parties and let the others get over it.
Everyone calm down, we got this.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:31 AM   #56
waxball88
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
waxball88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
ok heres the thing though, you get 2 or 3 bumps period and the thread is locked. then you wait three days (wtf?) and make a new one. how hard would it be to institute "every two day bump rule" or something similiar...their is such a high volume of for sale threads on this site that a thread can go 4-5 pages back over night. granted daily bumps might be crazy, but i firmly believe every other day should be good. not too mention this re evaluation of the bump rule is brought up pretty often and i'm curious why it hasn't/won't be changed considering it seems the majority of the site agree with it...

edit:
on a side note, giving a set # of bumps will be a pain in the ass for the mods. they have to check each thread and actually count the bumps/decide what counted as a bump or not. simply saying daily/every other day bumps would make it easier for them. they would just have to check the dates.
I think 12/24 hour bumps is fine every other day is too long. Not to be ignorant, but i feel like the volume of for sale thread on pbnation's gun section alone SHITS on the traffic that zilvia experiences. And the idiot ratio, is MUCH higher, due to the younger user base. The 6 hour bump button on pbn has been working over i'd say over a year at LEAST. A set number of bumps would be useless and complex.

Perhaps splitting the forsale section into
Engine
Suspension
Etc. Categories
Along implementing a daily bump rule would be best. As it puts more responsibility on zilvians to keep track of their threads in different sections.
waxball88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:05 AM   #57
Vatche
Post Whore!

Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
There really is nothing us members can do. So ill just be grateful that your working on it.

thats better than ignoring it.

and when i read codyace's posts, it does make me feel like hes not getting what were saying.

maybe it is for the people who use the marketplace more often and notice why it isnt working out.

people dont read much past the first-second page usually, i think its due to laziness.

i notice constantly that i get many views while on first page and almost zero once its off.

my thread is the same. so thats the control of that research.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:20 AM   #58
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Soo what you guys are saying that reposting the same FS thread is annoying. And others are saying it's annoying to see many threads with pages of posts of ttt, bump, top, etc... also that those threads shuffle the newer threads back. Well, to solve these problems, an unlimited amount of bumps with one bump per week (for example) would do fine. A day or even every other day may still be too much. I think five days is a compromise with the two bump limit.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:44 PM   #59
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20detman View Post
and when i read codyace's posts, it does make me feel like hes not getting what were saying.
people dont read much past the first-second page usually, i think its due to laziness.
I do. Why I hate the bumping is that lets say I post a thread up on there. Yay it's on first page for a bit. Then others post. Now it's on page 2. I bump it. So now I get back on first page, yet push others stuff to page 2. Now they bump their stuff, which gets put above mine. Before you know it, everyone else bumps their junk, and now my stuff (even after being bumped once) is on page 2.

THe vicious cycle continues. So while you may think it's getting more exposure, it's essentially defeating itself, as by you bumping stuff (and by you I speak generally not specifically you) it just causes everyone else to rebump their stuff, thus pushing your stuff back anyway.

In the end, your junk ends up on page 2, 3 bumps in, regardless...as everyone constantly bumps their stuff.

Now from a buyer standpoint (more like shopper) if I log into this for sale area, I almost always goto page 2 as it is, as all page 1 has are bumps from page 3 that nobody wanted in the first place (whether it be due to price/junk/not needed/nonsense/etc etc etc).

ANd yes, I can understand how people are too lazy to hit 'page 2' but if you think about it...half of those guys who do that are broke tire kickers as it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
Well, to solve these problems, an unlimited amount of bumps with one bump per week (for example) would do fine. A day or even every other day may still be too much. I think five days is a compromise with the two bump limit.
So now the first 4 pages will be filled with BUMP TTT BUMP ___++__ BUMP instead of actual new stuff. THat's counterproductive if you ask me. I can understand us all wanting our stuff on page one, but it's a bit selfish (for lack of better term) to bump your stuff consistently, forcing those who don't live on the for sale area, to have their stuff end up on page 8, with no bumps.

I know I know, 'well they can bump their thread as many times'...well what eneds up happening are guys with no life, keeping their crap on page 1, and not letting other (potentially better) stuff get 'exposure'.

To me, the bump rule should be once a week. Heck I'm nto against bumping, but every day? nonsense. I just bumped a thread of my own from Dec 26. That's 2 weeks. I think that's a fair 'bump' range.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:38 PM   #60
Vatche
Post Whore!

for one, why has this thread not been locked http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/35695...ft-thread.html

and 2. i put all the information needed in my thread. all the pictures, all the numbers.
most people dont. so they get people asking questions which bumps their thread. for stupid shit. or there will be some thread with a bunch of fanboys posting in it saying oh shit cool spoiler.

and page one is constantly revolving with new threads, and posts.

so YES i should be able to bump my thread consistently to keep it from going to page 11. otherwise i continue to make new threads after 2 bumps. i have been experimenting with that, im up to like 6 or 7 threads of exactly the same continuously updated for sale thread. where as before i would just not make a new one and wait a month then make a completely new one.
anyway im used to it after all these years. whatever happens, happens