Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:55 AM   #1
s0fa king
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
s0fa king is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
More specific Classified section

I cant be the only one who doesnt like sifting through all sorts of random junk trying to find something specific for the interior or exterior.

why dont we just divide it up into secitons to make it that much easier to find. it doesnt even have to be s13 or s14 specific. just interior, exterior, engine etc. then just use the s13 or s14 icon off to the left like its done now.

it would also clean up some of the 'lots of random stuff for sale' threads. really? i dont even get a discription of whats going on inside that thread? i pretty much HAVE to click it to see what you have for sale.

www.evolutionm.net
www.my350z.com
www.boostedimports.com

they all use this specific type of classifieds & it makes life easier for the buyer & seller.
s0fa king is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2009, 08:18 AM   #2
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i've made this suggestion before.... it was just kinda over looked...
Old 05-25-2009, 02:07 PM   #3
RHD95S14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
RHD95S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i'll agree with this suggestion. It would definitely be nice.
RHD95S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:16 PM   #4
blackrms13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
blackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blackrms13
http://zilvia.net/f/forum-suggestion...e-threads.html

IMO theres no need for shitload of sections which make things worse
Old 05-25-2009, 04:50 PM   #5
s0fa king
Zilvia Addict

^how does being more organized make things worse?

whats bad is the 'random things for sale' threads. all 8 items in those thread would go to their specific section instead of having to read everyones thread just to see what their definition of 'random' is.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:00 PM   #6
blackrms13
Post Whore!

blackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfection
so if u have more than one type of things for sale
u go make 5 different FS thread in 5 different section?

most ppl will just say fuck it
hell ppl are even too lazy to post some pics to sell ONE item...let alone posting in different section with multiple threads
Old 05-25-2009, 06:22 PM   #7
s0fa king
Zilvia Addict

yah, thats exactly what im saying.
if youre not motivated enough to make different threads, then it doesnt deserve to be sold.

this forum is so concerned with noobs making new threads w/ pictures of their car but the for sale section is a junk bin.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:35 PM   #8
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Boy, I always love when I invite people over to MY house, and the first thing they do is complain that they don't like the way I arranged MY furniture. Especially when they tell me that "so and so down the block has his furniture arranged this way, and I like it." Like we care how someone else has their house set-up.

We appreciate your view of things, but Zilvia.net is not a Sale Forum. We happen to offer a free marketplace for our members to sell things, but it is not our main concern. We have already divided it up for people selling cars and wheels to differentiate themselves. Frankly, a car site isn't the place to sell misc. items anyway. Go to eBay or Craig's List for that stuff. But we do not prohibit the selling of said items here. If anything, blame them for listing that stuff and cluttering the forums, but a new section is NOT NEEDED.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:48 PM   #9
s0fa king
Zilvia Addict

youre house? lmao. just the person i was waiting to get an opinion from. dont take it so personal. i came with a complaint and many solutions, im not just here to bitch.

youre right, its not a 'sale forum' but its packed with people who need parts for their vehicles. what better place to pick shit up than a place where you all drive the same car! crazy concept.

youre so worried about locking picture threads to clean up the 'chat' sub-forum but you could care less about the for sale section? c'mon

why does the discussion stop with you? im not the only one w/ this request & for you to say its fine the way it is is ridiculous.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:54 PM   #10
s0fa king
Zilvia Addict

not having sections in your for sale forum is for local forums. with a forum of, currently 870 active people online, its just necessity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogstein View Post
Why not make different threads for different parts in the for sale section (i.e. suspension, interior, brakes etc...)? The for sale forum here is sooo busy it takes forever to find a thread you've posted in after a few hours. I'm sure this isn't the first time someone has suggested this but thought maybe it should be reconsidered but if not what can i do right? Anyways great site nonetheless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahotuner View Post
yes that would be nice......
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewS13Guy View Post
x3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmar View Post
That's a very good idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33dori View Post
i've made this suggestion before.... it was just kinda over looked...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHD95S14 View Post
i'll agree with this suggestion. It would definitely be nice.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:16 PM   #11
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Nobody ever said it's a bad idea, but it's just not something we're interested in doing.

I understand the advantage of finding what you seek in specific sections, but most people don't want to have to hunt around 10 different forums to check & see what's new. If they're needing something specific, they can use the search function.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:31 PM   #12
s0fa king
Zilvia Addict

we should set up a poll.
and youre not really 'searching 10 different forums', youre searching 1 specific for a specific item. if im looking for a steering wheel, now, i have to dig through threads about engines, suspension etc.
and if i was looking for 10 different things, am i going to find that in 1 thread the way its set up now?
i dont understand how helping your forum is not something youre interested in.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:43 PM   #13
s0fa king
Zilvia Addict

hunting around 10 different forums made easy.
dont try to make it sound harder than it really is.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:26 AM   #14
blackrms13
Post Whore!

just quit already....
nothing is gonna be changed, mod/admin already said so

is it really THAT hard to look through a couple pages of threads to find the stuff you want instead of like 20 lines............................
Old 05-26-2009, 05:32 AM   #15
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0fa king View Post
we should set up a poll.
This isn't a Democracy. You don't get to vote what you do and don't like. You either like Zilvia, or you leave Zilvia. That's it.

Now, as it has been stated, your suggestions has been heard, and declined.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:30 AM   #16
s0fa king
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
This isn't a Democracy. You don't get to vote what you do and don't like. You either like Zilvia, or you leave Zilvia. That's it.

Now, as it has been stated, your suggestions has been heard, and declined.
really? maybe thats why theres an entire SUGGESTIONS sub-forum. for threads exactly like this. maybe its a lazy mod staff as opposed to the mod staff thinking the people are lazy.

you sound like one of those old timers trying to hang on to the past. forum organization is passing you by & its more than just the for sale section.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:34 AM   #17
s0fa king
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrms13 View Post
just quit already....
nothing is gonna be changed, mod/admin already said so

is it really THAT hard to look through a couple pages of threads to find the stuff you want instead of like 20 lines............................

i dunno, maybe your local store should throw all its item in a bin instead of having them on shelves, you think its gonna be that hard to find stuff?

none of the arguments have been valid. which is why im still going. theres nothing you can possibly say to make that junk yard style for sale section look/sound good.

its just a case of lazy mods. just get more mods for that section. why hold your forum back?
Old 05-26-2009, 06:47 AM   #18
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Yes, we do allow you to make suggestions, and you have.

But you have been told, numerous times now, that your suggestion has been declined. However, I'm sure continuing to attempt to insult the staff here will certainly change our minds.

We are not interested in adding any new sections to the Marketplace at this time.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:13 AM   #19
s0fa king
Zilvia Addict

this thread is lacking an actual factual reason why there isnt a sub-forum in the marketplace. is it a server problem? too few mods? no its 2 guys saying they dont want it.

that is the perception and thats why im still talking. to me, 2 guys saying its not good enough, isnt good enough for me. which is why i suggested a poll so you 2 can see how many people actually would like to see it.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:22 AM   #20
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

You really aren't getting the point for some reason. I'll try once more to clarify for you.

Zilvia is a privately owned forum. The owners of this forum reserve the right to do with it as they please. Wether you agree with it or not. Though it is open for the public to join, this is still a private forum.

We do not have any plans to make additions to our Marketplace at this time. Thank you for your suggestion. Enjoy the rest of your stay.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:28 AM   #21
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Quote:
This isn't a Democracy.

It's a cheerocracy.

The classifieds here really aren't that hard to use...i just search for whatever i want to buy.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:11 AM   #22
obsolete
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
obsolete is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
It's specific enough. all the necessary sub sections are already there; cars, wheels/tires, and the rest. take your whining elsewhere!
obsolete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:32 PM   #23
s0fa king
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
You really aren't getting the point for some reason. I'll try once more to clarify for you.

Zilvia is a privately owned forum. The owners of this forum reserve the right to do with it as they please. Wether you agree with it or not. Though it is open for the public to join, this is still a private forum.

We do not have any plans to make additions to our Marketplace at this time. Thank you for your suggestion. Enjoy the rest of your stay.
thank you. i was just looking for a valid reason why you were saying no. you never stated a reason, so dont act like you had to tell me 10 different ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
It's specific enough. all the necessary sub sections are already there; cars, wheels/tires, and the rest. take your whining elsewhere!
Old 05-26-2009, 01:24 PM   #24
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0fa king View Post
thank you. i was just looking for a valid reason why you were saying no. you never stated a reason, so dont act like you had to tell me 10 different ways.
I shouldn't have to explain it at all. It is stated when you sign up, and in the Rules and Guidelines that this is a privately owned forum.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:56 PM   #25
s0fa king
Zilvia Addict

Ooo0o0o0oh right, right. so solely because its a privatly owned forum means no sections in a for sale forum?

your points are making any sense to me & you dont seem to think logical so just lock it dude. were not getting anywhere.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:00 PM   #26
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

No, the fact that it's a Privately Owned Forum means we're allowed to turn down your suggestion.

That really seems to be the only thing you're failing to grasp in this conversation. We hear your suggestion, we can see your point, but we're not planning to change anything.

I make perfect sense, it's just not what you want to hear.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:28 PM   #27
dmax_silvia_s13
Leaky Injector

dmax_silvia_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to dmax_silvia_s13
Why don't you state your reason for not wanting to create sub sections?
Thats why the op keeps going on because there has not been a valid reason besides that you dont want to do it.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:01 PM   #28
Nacho_240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (36)
Nacho_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
I do most of my modifications in stages(interior, exterior, motor, suspension, etc) so having a more organized classifieds is a definite plus in my eyes.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:47 AM   #29
dxs080jpgex
Zilvia Addict

dxs080jpgex will become famous soon enoughdxs080jpgex will become famous soon enoughdxs080jpgex will become famous soon enoughdxs080jpgex will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to dxs080jpgex
this thread is full of lols
im actually gonna have to go ahead and agree that having a more organized fs area would b nice but i do agree with "That guy" as well
to the op: if someone told u ur car was nice and then started listing 100 different things that would make it better how would u feel?
thats most likely what these guys have to deal with on a daily basis, along with overseeing all the the retarded crap that happens in the off chat forums etc.
just my $0.02
Old 09-19-2009, 06:22 AM   #30
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
For those concerned...

The ADVERTISERS subsection has been split like this. General For Sale section WILL NOT BE, simple as that.
Reasons stated still stand. Zilvia is not a store, even though some people seem to think it is and only aim to use it as such. Given such, we are in no rush or have any particular reason to be interested in patrolling a million subsections from people who have already shown themselves to have no interest in following the stated rules.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote