Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Old 05-06-2005, 01:30 AM   #1
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Trial Users

I think Zilvia should impose a Trial User stage for new people registering to this site. Something along the lines of this..

As a trial user, you will be limited to 5 posts per day. In addition, you will not be allowed to participate in General Discussion or Classifieds until your user status is upgraded. After 2 weeks, your status will be upgraded to regular user. You can now participate in any forum.

Jacked that from Honda-Tech. We should have something similar to this since all newbies do is to post searchable things as their first posts. They're forced to read the FAQ's and the threads before posting something.
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2005, 01:59 AM   #2
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Sounds good to me. The recent influx of idiots is getting on my nerves. Admin, what do you say about it?
Old 05-06-2005, 10:20 AM   #3
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
how bout changing the homepage of zilvia to resemble something like "Yugo owners group" with pics of yugos.. then only when you go to the forums, is it 240s!! hahaha.. ultra anti newbe device.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:41 AM   #4
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
That should force them to read before they post qustions.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:49 AM   #5
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Also, their user title and avatar should be "NOOB"
Old 05-06-2005, 01:01 PM   #6
91CRXsiR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 91CRXsiR Send a message via MSN to 91CRXsiR
well that would prevent any non users from posting in the forsale section which would make us lose out on some good deals. Im sure we wouldnt want that right? I signed up for HT JUST to buy my crx good thing the user posted his e-mail address or I wouldn't have been able to contact him. If we do that, then we have to make rules about listing contact info and etc etc. And if noobs can't post they will just IM the shit out of you asking q's.
91CRXsiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 06:07 PM   #7
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Pink teh newbs1!!
S14DB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 08:33 PM   #8
Pacman
Zilvia FREAK!

Pacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91CRXsiR
I signed up for HT JUST to buy my crx good thing the user posted his e-mail address or I wouldn't have been able to contact him.
You guys could then make it a rule where if you're selling something you must place either your email or phone number for people to get ahold of you.
Pacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 09:57 PM   #9
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Or have different forms of membership, how many people ONLY register here to sell shit? Then they can register and ONLY sell shit, anyone else looking to participate in all the rest of the forum should be first given a quiz on the user agreement and then go through the trial period, during which they can only POST in certain parts of the forum, even if they CAN read the whole thing... Someone mentioned getting a shitload of IMs from these children, I have no qualms about using the "block" function, learn that

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 02:28 PM   #10
91CRXsiR
Nissanaholic!

91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self
hahah a quiz thats rich .. name the following front ends that CAN be fitted onto a S13 ... name the following engines that can NOT be easily dropped into a S14 ..

True or False : I own a honda and am currently looking to sell it to get a Drift machine

i can see it now
Old 05-07-2005, 02:38 PM   #11
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
And the quiz should be dynamic, changing instead of remaining static, that way the kids wouldn't be able to cheat on them

And I write too!
Old 05-08-2005, 12:21 AM   #12
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

The quiz should be after the 2 weeks of the trial period. Give them a time limit, if they don't pass it within that time, it'll be one week more added to the trial usage.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:01 PM   #13
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

And they ONLY get 2 chances to fail before their IP is blocked

And I write too!
Old 05-09-2005, 11:54 PM   #14
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
hi guys, i'm new here. can anyone tell me what the answers to the quiz are?
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 02:13 AM   #15
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

^
I'm actually expecting threads like that. Haha
Old 05-10-2005, 05:33 PM   #16
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Oh, who said that these members would be able to start a thread, have a signature or send PMs until they have passed the quiz and earned their membership?

And I write too!
Old 05-10-2005, 05:49 PM   #17
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
sorry to post in your thread, but i can't start new ones yet. can anyone tell me what the answers to the quiz are?
Old 05-10-2005, 08:23 PM   #18
91CRXsiR
Nissanaholic!

ok so a quiz maybe a lil over board and some ppl really dont care about S15 fronts and drifting crap (me being one of em)
Old 05-10-2005, 11:43 PM   #19
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm driftaholic
sorry to post in your thread, but i can't start new ones yet. can anyone tell me what the answers to the quiz are?
At which point, every member participating in that thread goes gonzo on their ass until the first mod paying attention comes and locks the thread and bans captain newbie's IP

And I write too!
Old 05-10-2005, 11:46 PM   #20
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Make there names yellow or orange too.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:15 AM   #21
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Make their names green =p
Old 05-11-2005, 06:34 PM   #22
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

no name until they pass the hazing
Old 05-11-2005, 11:20 PM   #23
kazuo
Post Whore!

kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
Quizzes are stupid.

Make their names yellow and green, kinda like the JDM "I'm a noob at driving" badges that noob drivers have to use.

Just limit them to chat and tech talk for 2 weeks, can only post once in chat AND tech during those two weeks (limits them to one tech q and one chat post, most likely an intro).

After that they can post whereever they want and shit, but they can still be banned for being asshats.

My two cents.
kazuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 11:43 PM   #24
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

they get that thing for their avatar too
Old 05-11-2005, 11:49 PM   #25
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm driftaholic
they get that thing for their avatar too
Awww kool drifting badges!!!
Old 05-12-2005, 10:35 PM   #26
91CRXsiR
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB
Awww kool drifting badges!!!
oh god dont encourage them more then they already are