Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-02-2018, 04:10 PM   #31
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveJDM View Post
man zilvia is POPPIN today

Facts
Old 10-02-2018, 07:16 PM   #32
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
why are we having this thread AGAIN???

seriously this shit gets asked every month.

stop trying to make Zilvia into your local shitty facebook group
...dude I'm happy this attitude is coming back. I normally get told to 'chill out' but you nailed it perfectly: stop shitting up this forum like it's Facebook.

Fuck, I love you.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:38 AM   #33
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
*6 hours of seat time
*wants a legal S15 for track only use
*wants an S15 because everyone has S13's.
*might just pick up an R32

Old 10-18-2018, 09:35 AM   #34
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
I see some misinformation int his thread, but can also acknowledge that OP may possibly be a bit naive of the cost and situation about said car. This is not a diss OP, please don't take it as such, but over the years we see a lot of post like this and there is a lot more involved than many believe.

Can it be done if unregistered and totally for track/ off road use? Absolutely. Look no farther than FD cars ala Forest Wang. Dude lives here and has his s15. Solely for off-road use, he drives/ drove an s14 for street stuff IIRC, though so much is a blur over the years he may have a different street car at this point.

If it isn't registered and you don't have it on public property/ open on private property, there is really zero risk.

That being said, the cost is huge. Every part that isn't a performance part is going to be a huge cost to import. Windshields, dashboards, stock OEM parts basically. You will pay an expensive premium. Ask people with legally imported cars (meeting said 25 year rule), those parts are still a major expense to import since they were never produced domestically.

I have seen some misinfo though from other members. For one, parts aren't really difficult to get. Many of the aftermarket companies make s15 parts that are available stateside. People have been importing the front ends and aero for 20 years.

Don't take stuff too personally OP. As I said we have seen these threads countless times over the years. If you want ease of access, cheaper and more readily available parts - a s14 is the way to go. I have patiently been waiting for 2023 to roll around, I have owned every model s-chassis produced in the US (including the vert) over the last 15 years. 5 more years of wait time won't bug me, and I think you will be better off for it. The s15 is such an investment especially for an older used car, I would give it 5 years to see how serious you are about the s-chassis scene and drifting before making that leap anyway.

Just my .02