Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2018, 07:03 PM   #1
dmitrysgarage

Trader Rating: (0)
dmitrysgarage is making a name for him/her selfdmitrysgarage is making a name for him/her selfdmitrysgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What should I do with my 16k mile S14?

Hey guys! Somehow I wound up buying a 16k-mile 1996 S14 5-lug manual without having a great plan for it. I always wanted a 240 and imagined a stripped down track toy. Never thought I'd find something so bone stock. Not too sure where to go with it now. I've been doing general maintenance on it thus far and shaking it out with a few drives around town. Could use some ideas!

One idea I had was keeping it very stock looking for a fun street build. Starting with a blank slate to mod is always fun vs. fixing someone's failed project. I've considered SR swap, but it's such a fresh KA engine, hell the pistons look new:

I was thinking about a turbo on top of the KA24DE. I'm not looking to make a ton of horsepower for track or highway racing. I already have a stupid fast supercharged coyote mustang project. I don't need two insane builds and I don't want to double my race gas consumption I'd say probably 300whp tops. It's a fairly light car and at 250-300whp it should be very fun on back roads when pushed hard.

Reducing weight further would be fun. Throw in plastic glass all around and go tubular wherever possible without cutting it up. Light weight wheels would help and of course coil overs, sway bars, etc... all the usual bolt-on stuff.

I could see it being a super fun street build to rip around in. It does take away from it's originality, but in theory I could return it to stock, save all the parts. Not sure it will ever be worth a whole lot more, it's not an NSX. How many more chances to mod a bone stock low miles 240 will I ever have? Let me know what you guys would do, definitely interested in ideas!
dmitrysgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links