Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 04-19-2004, 11:20 AM   #1
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Arenas or open track days to test top speed

Are there normally any porshe days or anything of the sort, maybe for corvette where the infield at say CALIFORNIA SPEEDWAY is open for top speed pull or at least use of one of the straights. Looking for a good open track day. working the car towards the moutans and top speed now.

-steve
Old 04-19-2004, 12:31 PM   #2
sykikchimp
WOW addicted

Trader Rating: (0)
sykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sykikchimp
maybe speedtrials.

check out www.trackschedule.com
Old 04-19-2004, 10:30 PM   #3
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

thx247 is an unknown quantity at this point
ButtonWillow has a large straight but even with a fast car...You won't see any top speeds on it, the braking zone will be too large.

:shrug: whats the point really, it goes fast or it goes really fast...same difference.
thx247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 12:00 PM   #4
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by thx247
ButtonWillow has a large straight but even with a fast car...You won't see any top speeds on it, the braking zone will be too large.

:shrug: whats the point really, it goes fast or it goes really fast...same difference.

tru either way is im targeting in on grip now...drag is dead in my book, its a big f-ing joke guys.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:09 PM   #5
DS 240R
Leaky Injector

DS 240R is an unknown quantity at this point
We hit top speed at the last Cal Speedway event. It was the ALMS course configuration that uses about 3/4 of the oval. Usually only the big racing orgs get the ALMS config because of the cost.

The infield at CS is definitely not big enough for a top speed run- it is very slow course and even straight across the inside of the oval isn't enough room. Personally, I wouldn't like to go top speed unless I have full cage and safety equipment.

You could always go out to the desert or Bonneville.

On the other hand, for a safer to find number, try out the gear/wheel/speed calculator: http://pw1.netcom.com/~sgalaba/mph.htm

Edit: Oh, and I forgot, you can always try www.openroadracing.com
DS 240R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 12:52 PM   #6
steve shadows
Post Whore!

looks like 189 mph....

he he he

honestly 165 has been hit or somewhere around there mid 5th gear before on some hwy i wont metion .

its the best feeling in the world hands down, especially with a 62-1 whining away... the car feels like it will never slow down.