Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-01-2002, 11:28 AM   #1
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
OK I was supposed to get a 240 at the end of this month, but my parents are building some big ass expensive house. And they aren't rich or anything, but wanted a bigger house. So now I came to an agreement with them, that I will give them all my money that I get from my job, and they will pay me back with some interest when we move, which will be around March, but my mom will be taking the train to work now, cuz traffic is a bitch, so now they will be giving me the Camry (at least it has a nice premium sound system). So by March or April, I would have gotten about $4K, unless I get a different job, then I will have more cuz I get paid shit.

Anyway, to the point. I always wanted a Fastback and an SR, but with all the newbs asking about SRs and someone always talks about how the KA is better, I have come to the point where I want the KA instead of SR. So I have come with a few choices:

1. Get an S13 Fastback, get an SR over the summer, like I have originally planned. The only problem with that is I want to get into AutoX, but with the whole bumping me up to a high class will be bad. If I get the SR right away then I would go for suspension them more power then loks.

2. Get an S13 Fastback, do some suspension, and like I/H/E, and keep it liek that and AutoX , then beginning of 2004 (so far away), get an SR.

3. Get a S13 Coupe, get a silvia front end, and use the left over money on suspension and I/H/E, then get better skill in AutoX, then when I feel I am ready to be bumped up in the next class, (swap a low mileage KA, if necessary) turbo the KA.

4. Buy an S14b (then be left with no money), slowly work on suspension. Then turbo KA.

I really like choice number 3, but I don't really know much on how much the Silvia Front end will cost. Anyone got any estimates on it? Also about how much am I looking at for getting the KA turboed, most likely I would go with something similar to an S15 turbo, something quick spooling for AutoX.

I know someone will tell me that in the end it will be my choice, but I just want here some input. I want to know which ones iwll be most cost effective. Choice number 2 is the cheapest, but I don't know how much the Silvia Front end will cost, anyone out there with it wanna tell me how much they paid.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2002, 11:36 AM   #2
fodive
Zilvia Junkie

fodive is an unknown quantity at this point
i say number 3, and front end conversions are about a grand w/o paint
Old 09-01-2002, 11:38 AM   #3
whateverjames
Nissanaholic!

whateverjames has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via AIM to whateverjames
i like two and three. but i'd go with two.

02 Blazer X - 90 240SX w/SR

oh noes
whateverjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 12:31 PM   #4
West
OMNOMNOMNOM

West has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to West
This is 240 related. Moved from OT to Chat. Ill have guidelines soon so everyone knows what goes where. Thanks!