Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:47 PM   #12121
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2019, 11:15 PM   #12122
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
starts under $60k! great value!

https://jalopnik.com/2020-chevrolet-...-kn-1836485708
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 01:21 AM   #12123
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
What do you get when cross a Camaro a Ferrari and a Corvette? The C8 it almost works except for the damn GM Camaro style rear. Why could they not have brought back the round tails of Corvettes past it would have looked nice .

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 04:55 AM   #12124
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It’s not perfect, but who can argue with a mid engine supercar vette for under $60k? No car is perfect but the value here is second to none.

The only thing that saddens me is no manual. We lost another one.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:47 AM   #12125
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
that is a shame. c7 corvette manual take rates were right above 20%, not unlike the 911. Its not like the manuals werent selling. sorts makes grabbing an c7 have some added appeal.

wish they’d show 1/4 mile times. under 3.0secs 0-60 is around the same as the c7 z06 w 650hp. hope it kicks the gt500’s ass.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:29 PM   #12126
nick_d_240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
nick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I am stoked to see how the C8 performs and, WTF, base model under $60k?! Not to mention all the options and the rumored twin turbo LTX they going to stuff into it! This could be a true American Supercar to rival the GT40, Lambo's, Ferrari's, and, dare I say, Mclaren's?

https://youtu.be/ifJj6b3eP4M

I won't be trading in my classic 1990 SR20DET S13 for one though.
Old 07-19-2019, 01:14 PM   #12127
Corbic
Post Whore!

Zupra what?
Old 07-19-2019, 04:10 PM   #12128
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Zupra what?
Precisely. Vette is a better performance value and looks way better too. I don't even think throwing a manual into the Supra could save it now.
Old 07-19-2019, 04:42 PM   #12129
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
I’m good with the DCT. They said it’s a more direct connection (like the McClaren Senna) instead of a computer babysitter on an automatic that lets you think you’re shifting. Nope, if you’re in 8th gear at 120mph and decide to “paddle down” to 2nd and floor it, well, hold on skippy. You’re about to void your warranty in spectacular fashion down the track.

I am excited to see where Chevy takes this chassis.

I loved the digs at Ford and Chrysler when they were introducing the LT2 as well. Gave me a good chuckle.
Old 07-19-2019, 05:06 PM   #12130
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

To be fair it makes a lot of cars around and above it's price range obsolete if you only look at performance. Can't wait to see how far above it's price range it punches. I have a hunch the stingray with z51 pkg will be very similar to the c7 zo6.

In reality I don't see a lot of people who go for the supra, bmws, porsches cross shopping a vette. It's not just all out performance most people are looking for and it doesn't seem like it's going to be the same clientele to begin with.

Looks wise, I'm not really sold and prefer the C7. It reminds me of one of those video game cars in grand theft auto. I like it overall, but it doesn't stand out as a corvette so much as previous generations. Then again, how a car looks is not something I care a great deal about either.
Old 07-20-2019, 02:56 PM   #12131
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
I will admit the C8 definitely has me scratching my head and yes it does knock more than a few cars off their pedestal so to speak.
I too am cool with the DCT in a car like this, give me F1 paddle style shifting in my Supercar because speed of light shifts.
Leave the manuals to my fun cars that are not super cars. What GM has done here is quite possibly the equivalent of what Nissan did with the GTR in 2009.
Hello Nissan Chevy called to let you know they stole your thunder. Oh and Ford its time to make an affordable GT that does not require an approval list to own.
Oh and Chrysler maybe try making another Viper rather than relying on 800HP SuperSleds!

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html

Last edited by drift freaq; 07-27-2019 at 12:56 PM.. Reason: Typo’s
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 05:57 PM   #12132
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
I will admit the C8 definitely has me scratching my had and yes it does knock more than a few cars off their pedestal so to speak.
I too am cool with the DCT in a car like this, give me F1 paddle style shifting in my Supercar because speed of light shifts.
Leave the manuals to my funs cars that are not super cars. What GM has done here is quite possibly the equivalent of what Nissan did with the GTR in 2009.
Hello Nissan Chevy called to let you know they stole your thunder. Oh and Ford its time to make an affordable GT that does not require an approval list to own.
Oh and Chrysler maybe try making another Viper rather than relying on 800HP SuperSleds!
GTR has been irrelevant since 2012.

Vioer died because no one bought it. The guy that lost all his thunder is the $112k GT500.

Hell, the Charger Wide body basically blew the wind out of the GT500's Sails.

Toyota should have got the Z4 on lots this past spring.. You'd have to be dripping with Weeboo autism to buy a $55k Zupra with a 8HP60 over a $60k Mid Engine LT2 DCT Vette.

https://youtu.be/1YufrCpVhAk
Old 07-21-2019, 12:14 PM   #12133
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Agreed with GTR comparison. When it first came out it, the thing was a steal at 70k. It outperformed a lot of cars around and above it's price range. It was kinda a big deal.

I really don't get Ford as a company. Have no intention of ever supporting a company like that for all the petty crap they do. Will most likely get another chevy instead when the time comes to trade up.
Old 07-21-2019, 07:57 PM   #12134
Corbic
Post Whore!

The future is now.

Traded the G55 in yesterday.

First Brand New Car ever. 2019 Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 Premium "Angry Bee" in F8 Green.

Same color as my original 73 Satellite from decades ago.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:02 PM   #12135
Corbic
Post Whore!

Esentially I was looking at 2016 Hellcat for nearly 10k more and given my track record a 8yr/60k bumper to bumper factory warranty sounded a lot better.

Down the road I may drop the 392 into the Tacoma and put a HC pullout into the 1320.

https://youtu.be/oWPkrkJfqmE

Guy hit 11.3 with skinnies. She's a big girl, but she's smooth as silk, fast as fuck and knows how to shake that booty.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:10 PM   #12136
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
That’s pretty dope. Good for you.
Old 07-21-2019, 09:09 PM   #12137
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
I'm still skeptical about the price point, it just seems ways too good to be true for an MR and those performance figures. Hopefully, they didn't cut corners.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:00 PM   #12138
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
One thing they left out...

That 0-60 time is based off adding the Z51 package. We are still waiting for that price...

Even still, I think they hit a home run with this car. Ferrari style looks and customization for GM prices. I can dig it.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:00 AM   #12139
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarSilvia View Post
I'm still skeptical about the price point, it just seems ways too good to be true for an MR and those performance figures. Hopefully, they didn't cut corners.
As am I. What gives me some sense of relief and considerable joy is that in typical chevrolet tradition, the interior is yet again dated and cheap. even the seats look like something out of pep boys. if cost cutting is to be done, I would prefer it be there.

what worries me the most is risk of the frame being bent. also hope it wont over-heat on the track like the c7 z06.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/26920/...g-glass-report
Old 07-22-2019, 11:00 AM   #12140
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Esentially I was looking at 2016 Hellcat for nearly 10k more and given my track record a 8yr/60k bumper to bumper factory warranty sounded a lot better.

Down the road I may drop the 392 into the Tacoma and put a HC pullout into the 1320.

https://youtu.be/oWPkrkJfqmE

Guy hit 11.3 with skinnies. She's a big girl, but she's smooth as silk, fast as fuck and knows how to shake that booty.

*DOPE CAR PICS*

You leaving it stock or the usual tires, exhaust, headers, etc?
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 12:13 PM   #12141
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
You leaving it stock or the usual tires , exhaust, headers, etc?
It comes with Drag Radials [emoji23]

I did just order some muffler deletes, leaving the rear resonators in however.

Long Tubes need a tune to actually do anything. To tune you need to crack the ECU. I'm going to drive it as is for now. Eventually do HC Injectors, E85 and long tubes. That will throw down 500whp roughly.

Right now need to get another set of wheels and tires so I don't burn these DRs up on the street.

https://youtu.be/U7sLnadiJWE
Old 07-22-2019, 04:57 PM   #12142
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
please tell me you are taking the bumper guard/stickers off.

nice score corbic!
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:33 AM   #12143
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
^^^Why?

Then it would look like a regular old Challenger. I think the yellow splash on the green looks good.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:38 PM   #12144
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
please tell me you are taking the bumper guard/stickers off.

nice score corbic!
Coming off once it's registered.

They are hard ABS plastic with plastic push pins that lock them into the urethane lip.

Gotta rock them for a while, everyone's panties get bunched up.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:40 PM   #12145
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
^^^Why?

Then it would look like a regular old Challenger. I think the yellow splash on the green looks good.
If by regular Challenger you mean a 2016 Hellcat [emoji23]

A lot of guys are getting butt hurt about Dodge filtering down the higher trim work, T/A hood on the R/T and GT, Hellcat Hood on the SCAT, Demon Widebody first on the Hellcat and now on the SCAT.

I fully expect my Trans Brake to become available on the R/T next year if there is no 2020 redesign.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:01 PM   #12146
Corbic
Post Whore!

ZUPRA, so German you have to pay an annual subscription for Apple "Carpay".

Old 07-26-2019, 07:06 AM   #12147
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

It's pretty comical that BMW charges extra for Carplay.

Volvo is the only one doing the right thing and letting Google take over their whole infotainment system. And they were actually doing a pretty good job compared to mostof the industry. The Google powered system is starting in Polestar but will end up in Volvo's (and probably Lotus').

I've said for over a decade now that manufacturers need to stop trying to design their own infotainment systems and let Google and Apple design them. Stick with designing and building cars, and let the UI companies do the infotainment.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:01 AM   #12148
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

what id worry to see is other carmakers start charging for android auto & carplay.

then again the german manufacturers have had a bad rep for nickle & dimining with options that’d standard in say a mid trim civic.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:20 AM   #12149
Future240
Future Moderator

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/25/busin...ngs/index.html

Quote:
. Operating profit plunged 99% in the quarter compared to a year earlier.
Revenue, meanwhile, dropped nearly 13% compared to a year ago.

DAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNN! A 99% plunge is nucking futs.

These might be Nissan's final days.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:32 AM   #12150
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/25/busin...ngs/index.html

DAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNN! A 99% plunge is nucking futs.

These might be Nissan's final days.
They won’t go under that quickly or at all. They may go bankrupt but even that will take some time. If they’re still in bad shape in 18 months I’ll really start worrying.

I have to say, this IS what happens when you abandon your base and brand identity. I genuinely can’t think of a car Nissan/Infiniti has released that has been an absolute win. Be it design, package value, engineering, etc. Everything is just without soul or purpose. The literally opposite of what brands like Kia, Hyundai, Volvo, and Mazda, just to make a few, are doing.