Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 12-01-2019, 09:27 PM   #1
Bonerchamp

Trader Rating: (0)
Bonerchamp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S13 BC BR Coilovers Bouncy As Shit

I've got a 99 coupe with brand new bc br coilovers on it s14 rear subframe with z32 wheels 225/50 16. The ride is alright but when on uneven bridges it's bouncy as shit. I initially thought it was the preload as I got them used on another shell but they had only been mounted- no miles. I set them all to the recommended 4mm of preload and one of the rears had way too much. Test drove over the bridge still bouncy as shit on full soft. Pulled over put rear damper to 9 clicks from full soft. A little better but I'm still almost bouncing out of my seat on bigger bumps. My room mate has a coupe on d2s and drove over the same bridge and is not anywhere near as bad. I'm leanong towards my tires being too soft. Curious on what others might think. Or if they've had this issue with bc br coils or if I just need to break them in.
Bonerchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2019, 09:23 AM   #2
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
a lot of my friends did the BC, not sure how they set them up but they rode really nice...I significantly preferred the powered by max coils, especially as I watched those same guys blow the coils fast...we have bad roads in NM lol
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:25 AM   #3
Bonerchamp

I feel like it's gotta be my tires. It is noticeably better since I set proper preload trying to get a set of wheels by the end of the year and some stiffer tires to see if that's what it is. If those aren't the issue I'm probably just going to sell these and get some pbm or fortune auto as well.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:00 AM   #4
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have BC's on my car that were manufactured in 2013. Never been rebuild, stock springs. They ride less bouncy than my buddies fortune autos with swifts when he had them on full soft.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:08 AM   #5
Bonerchamp

We're they bouncy when you first got them? I've noticed that they've gotten better over the last few days. I guess I just have to break them in for a few hundred miles
Old 12-10-2019, 05:37 PM   #6
NashT
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
NashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
I have BC's on my car that were manufactured in 2013. Never been rebuild, stock springs. They ride less bouncy than my buddies fortune autos with swifts when he had them on full soft.
Hey man I just installed BC'S on my Sil, curious to know what settings your running on?

Obviously i need to break mine in first, starting with the softest setting first, preloads are good to go
NashT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 06:45 PM   #7
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Add some clicks toward stiff on the dampening, running full soft sucks on the street. I usually run no pre-load, just snug the collars to the spring so it can't move and tighten. This has never failed to give me great ride quality, my last S13 had some old ass JIC's and they rode great setup like this.
Old 12-11-2019, 07:28 AM   #8
NashT
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
NashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I thought on brand new coils you were suppose to start on the softest setting and then increase accordingly?

I might copy your preload theory, as 5mm and being able to freespin with no resistance didnt feel right in my mind
NashT is offline   Reply With Quote