Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: The best drift car
S13 KA 43 10.05%
S13 SR 152 35.51%
S14 KA 20 4.67%
S14 SR 89 20.79%
S12 3 0.70%
Z 3 0.70%
Nissan FWD 4 0.93%
FC 11 2.57%
FD 19 4.44%
Miata 6 1.40%
AW11 2 0.47%
SW20 4 0.93%
AE86 46 10.75%
MA70 1 0.23%
JZA80 3 0.70%
WRX 2 0.47%
FWD 5 1.17%
Domestics 15 3.50%
Voters: 428. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 03:14 PM   #31
DrDriftS14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
DrDriftS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DrDriftS14
i like my 95 240 the best, in my opinion the S13s have to much understeer
Old 03-16-2004, 11:36 PM   #32
nightwalker
Nissanaholic!

nightwalker is an unknown quantity at this point
I like my 89 240 the best, in my opinion the S14s have to much weight
Old 03-17-2004, 11:29 AM   #33
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

TRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to TRUENOCOUPE
THERE IS NO BEST DRIFT CAR. ITS THE DRIVER!

Morons.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:37 PM   #34
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUENOCOUPE
THERE IS NO BEST DRIFT CAR. ITS THE DRIVER!

Morons.
yeah seriously, I go out a drift shcool buses all the time! what a rush

the truth is there are some cars that are better to start out with in order to build a good driver than others and many "PRO" drifters have their favorites, like tanaguchi and the s series and ueo and the corrolla these guys just have their own personal favorties. thats all, of course the driver is the key but whats the key getting plugged into. Sure i can say i am a mercenary but what kind of weapons do I have access to and which ones do I do battle with the best? 7.62 X 39, or .223 ? ya know
Old 03-19-2004, 01:20 AM   #35
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 720_datsun
my first drift car was my moms 2001 ford focus 4 door 5 speed. was hot till i blew the tranny acouple times.
you gotta be kiddin me. i wonder if anyone truly believes its possible to drift a fwd... *sigh*

Last edited by MakotoS13; 03-19-2004 at 01:40 AM..
Old 03-20-2004, 08:14 AM   #36
nissantuner22
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (-1)
nissantuner22 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nissantuner22
drifting, ass dragging, its all the same.. *giggles*

Current Project: Operation: N/A SR: 93 Silvia Q SR20DE Engine with go fast goodies. ,
"Common problems 240sx's suffer from are curbs, trees, ditches, and other immovable objects."thx247

"on the tounge... there is no guardrails."- citizen
Old 03-20-2004, 06:25 PM   #37
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
this tread is pointless... This might make more sense to compare cars in stock form, since modifications are driver preference.
Old 03-22-2004, 01:20 PM   #38
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

TRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to TRUENOCOUPE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpsports
yeah seriously, I go out a drift shcool buses all the time! what a rush

the truth is there are some cars that are better to start out with in order to build a good driver than others and many "PRO" drifters have their favorites, like tanaguchi and the s series and ueo and the corrolla these guys just have their own personal favorties. thats all, of course the driver is the key but whats the key getting plugged into. Sure i can say i am a mercenary but what kind of weapons do I have access to and which ones do I do battle with the best? 7.62 X 39, or .223 ? ya know
He asked, WHATS THE BEST DRIFT CAR? Maybe I should of put his words into "Whats the BEST drift Car out there that had been driven by the best drivers."

I don't drift. Drifting is boring.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:40 AM   #39
a2ddryft
Leaky Injector

a2ddryft is an unknown quantity at this point
FCs dont really need extensive suspension work.. just rear toe-steer eliminators. i used to have one. they drift alright, but cant hang with the toe. great grip cars

after driving the fc, a freinds corolla and my s13.. the s13s tail comes out the easiest (this is a stock-form comparison) but anything can be tweaked with suspension and more power.. balance, however, is the key.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:39 AM   #40
*NismoS13*
Zilvia Member

*NismoS13* is an unknown quantity at this point
S13 SR gets my vote......
Old 04-13-2004, 11:50 AM   #41
Drift101
Zilvia Junkie

Drift101 is an unknown quantity at this point
hmmm... i think this forum is SLIGHTLY biased towards the s-chassis cars
Old 04-13-2004, 05:02 PM   #42
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
86 was my favorite so far, but it was HIGHLY modified more than any other car i've driven. All cars are capable of things that are out of my skill range
Old 04-15-2004, 07:26 PM   #43
zero.counter
Nissanaholic!

zero.counter is making a name for him/her selfzero.counter is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to zero.counter
The said, " best drift car", would be any car you yourself deem to be the best. To say best would obviously state a matter of opinion. Many will have different opinions and some will almost obliterate you if you don't agree with them. They are prolly dem(s) and want to control your opinions and will not settle for less. Open minded people will stay and let others speak their mind instead of opressing them...

So my choice is whatever I have seen, heard, driven, etc. that do what the title suggests.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:08 PM   #44
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero.counter
The said, " best drift car", would be any car you yourself deem to be the best. To say best would obviously state a matter of opinion. Many will have different opinions and some will almost obliterate you if you don't agree with them. They are prolly dem(s) and want to control your opinions and will not settle for less. Open minded people will stay and let others speak their mind instead of opressing them...

So my choice is whatever I have seen, heard, driven, etc. that do what the title suggests.

i love your sig, this is why eastern culture is my true religion of choice
Old 04-21-2004, 01:59 AM   #45
potu
Leaky Injector

potu is not welcome here anymorepotu is not welcome here anymorepotu is not welcome here anymorepotu is not welcome here anymorepotu is not welcome here anymorepotu is not welcome here anymorepotu is not welcome here anymorepotu is not welcome here anymorepotu is not welcome here anymorepotu is not welcome here anymorepotu is not welcome here anymore
Lightbulb

YOu must understand that power has no meaning but control is the key. Any body can drift a high power car, But can every body drfit low power AE86?
Old 04-21-2004, 08:35 AM   #46
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
Quote:
Originally Posted by potu
YOu must understand that power has no meaning but control is the key. Any body can drift a high power car, But can every body drfit low power AE86?

yes. like butter
Old 04-22-2004, 12:21 AM   #47
cefiro

cefiro is an unknown quantity at this point
I like cefiro's cause here in aus we have them first one for me was stock rb20 button clutch teins etc and nice easy drift car.
my current project has an sr20 trust t518z 10 cm turbo mech locker teins all the stuff. this is better casue it has heaps of power.

my first one

my current one

the sr inside

yes it is meggala I cant remember the other login I used so this will have to do
Old 05-16-2004, 11:57 PM   #48
Sirikool

Sirikool is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 720_datsun
my first drift car was my moms 2001 ford focus 4 door 5 speed. was hot till i blew the tranny acouple times.
OMG, my first drift was in my mom's 2001 ford focus too. except the one i was driving is an auto. hahahaha.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:07 PM   #49
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirikool
OMG, my first drift was in my mom's 2001 ford focus too. except the one i was driving is an auto. hahahaha.
actually, both of you are wrong.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:40 AM   #50
iyceman
Zilvia Member

iyceman can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaguy
datsun 510 and 240z da best there is ,the best there was,and the best there everywill be!!all hail to datsun DATSUN
Please tell me you're joking, the 240Z is incredibly difficult to drift and takes a good deal of mods to work well.
Old 06-12-2004, 04:13 PM   #51
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Chernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
And you would know because you have driven one?

240z isnt that hard to drift. I've owned one, I've drifted it... no big deal. Harder than S14, but not INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT.
Old 06-13-2004, 06:58 AM   #52
iyceman
Zilvia Member

iyceman can only hope to improve
Yes, I HAVE driven one jack-ass. I haven't owned one, granted, but my friend has had 5 so far, and he said that the chassis design wasn't very condusive to any sort of over-steer short of a full throttle powerslide. To me that means it isn't that great for drifting, thus making it NOT the best car for drifting.
Old 06-13-2004, 12:40 PM   #53
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
hmmmm, I have to say an s13 coupe is the best. Why? Because I like em! HAHAHA In all seriousness, I love my SR coupe and it handles really well. Btwn my coupe and Kevins FB I like the coupe much better. But it is all a matter of personal preference. Like Cefiro said....cefiros (confused look hahaha) kick ass at drifting too if you know how to handle them, the have a lot of body roll and what not, but it dosnt mean that they can't be manipulated into a nicely pulled off drift. That statment goes for any car. You know how to drive it and you can make it do anything you want.

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
Old 11-03-2004, 01:27 PM   #54
240niz
Leaky Injector

240niz is an unknown quantity at this point
S13 ditto for me
Old 11-03-2004, 09:33 PM   #55
khoadogg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
khoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of lightkhoadogg is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to khoadogg
s13 SR, reliable, nice power/weight. Cheap parts to replace. And it's cheap on insurance!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2004, 11:58 PM   #56
DriftDragon28
Leaky Injector

DriftDragon28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DriftDragon28
I have to admit that the S13 is a great chasis. Ive driven one for a year and its seen more than its fair share of touge/drift time. Ive also drivin a fe FCs. the fc is a great track car and sticks like glue. the s13 is a bit more like a go-kart with the back end comming out much easier.

Im going to have to say for ease of use/repair/parts sourcing/aftermarket support the s13. HOWEVER im selling my s13 and buying a TII Its time to be different. Thats what drifting is all about. Be urself. your out there to have fun. Build what you like. Drive what you love. Drift what you brought. Let others do the same and stop flameing.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:48 AM   #57
NoReverse

NoReverse is an unknown quantity at this point
`omG y0! mY par3ntS CivVIc is MAddD tiTe At teH drIFt y0~!
Old 11-08-2004, 10:24 PM   #58
PinkPanther
Zilvia Junkie

PinkPanther is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to PinkPanther
Lightbulb

I bet an SS El Camino would be a good time.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:03 PM   #59
ghostuss
Zilvia FREAK!

ghostuss is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ghostuss
all car can be good at drifting depending on amount of mods done to them and how they are setted up to the driver's like. The buttom like is just go with ur favorite car and drift.

ButtonWillow, CA entire circuit drift/grip event by shock drifting spot for sale. Take over my spot for $150 only.
Old 11-09-2004, 04:28 PM   #60
the head
Nissanaholic!

Location: in a dark room mastering the art of typing with one hand
the head is making a name for him/her selfthe head is making a name for him/her self
ford f-150 bombdiggity at drifiting