Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: Hold West Coast Regional Meet In Either....
Norcal (hella) 36 32.43%
Socal (hecka?) 75 67.57%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 04:30 AM   #1
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (13)
Sil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sil-Abc
West Coast Regional Meet Location

I need to hear out what most of you guys think is the best place to hold this regional meet. I will list out the pros and cons and u vote to whichever u think is best.

(NORCAL)
Pros:
-Most of the organizers are around this area so it will be easy for us to make this actually happen
-We know almost all the best spots to hold this; we also kno alot of ppl
-LESS HARASSMENT FROM COPS
-less traffic
-new attractions to socal ppl
Cons:
-less 240sx population compared to socal
-bad roads in san francisco

(SOCAL)
Pros:
-most shops/sponsors reside in socal
-large 240sx population
-several attractions and available events
*dont kno much about socal so i cant list too many things*
Cons:
-POLICE HARASSMENT IS VERY BAD*
-Others and I dont kno much about socal attractions/locations so it will be hard to organize
-terrible traffic

*the main concern and reason for this poll is because of recent police harassment and new californian laws. If we DO hold this large meet/bbq, i can guarantee there WILL BE cops around the area just to make sure things dont get out of hand. With the popularity of SR's and import tuning, i can safely say 1/4 of the attendants will have a SR and i dont want ppl to get popped right after leaving the bbq/event. Cops in socal kno what SRs are and know what to look for, so some ppl may/will get ticketed and/or towed so i want to see what u guys think. Is it worth it to have in socal?
I prefer Norcal because cops dont hassle us as much as socal and its easier for the organizers

ANYWAY VOTE ANYWAY!!! any feedback and opinions is greatly appreciated
Old 03-02-2006, 05:36 AM   #2
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
I really don't mind having it where, as I have family up there I haven't seen forever, and wouldn't mind visiting them. I still think So Cal is the best place to hold it, as this does the majority of the shops/tracks, and as the attractions and weather down here.

The police problem is not TOO BAD if you don't drive like a jackass. There were reports last week of the cops sticking around the Performance Nissan meet we had here, but they were there just to see that everything ran smoothly, and that there was no trouble. I didn't see or hear stories about cars getting pulled over, as I was there.

I like the idea of holding it there again, Citrus College parking lot, in Glendora, 10 minutes to Irwindale.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:55 AM   #3
RSP13-Sideways
Zilvia Addict

RSP13-Sideways is making a name for him/her selfRSP13-Sideways is making a name for him/her selfRSP13-Sideways is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to RSP13-Sideways
I wouldn't mind traveling to SoCal but I suggest having it NorCal. The weather is clearing up here and there are plenty of spots we could have it. The Marina near Berkeley, Frisco, San Jose, etc. The cops here don't hassle us with cars as badly as SoCal and I've seen certain places in Fremont where cops WILL pull you over right as you leave the event.

I would suggest Norcal, but either one works for me. If we do agree on SoCal, Caravan anyone?

WTB: Nothing at the moment. LEWL
WTS: Everything sold, thanks folks!
Old 03-02-2006, 12:41 PM   #4
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Water and oil don't mix.

Hahahha

I ain't driving up to Norcal thats for sure!

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
Old 03-02-2006, 03:25 PM   #5
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spec Products
Water and oil don't mix.

Hahahha

I ain't driving up to Norcal thats for sure!
Same attitude.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:48 PM   #6
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz S14
Same attitude.
I still got that West Coast love though, don't get it twisted.

Western Conference x PROTECT THE WEST co-op!

hop in the low low, my my low-rider!

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
Old 03-02-2006, 10:49 PM   #7
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
socal for me
sorry it's too far for my liking
even though i hate the cops, its not as bad as you guys make it out to be, just dont drive like a dumb ass
Old 03-03-2006, 02:38 AM   #8
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
For people voting, please state why you voted for whichever you voted for.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:32 PM   #9
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
EchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EchoOfSilence
Take that 'hecka' off. hahaha

that place in Glendora sounds fine. Cops there aren't too bad, and the venue is pretty big. I was gonna suggest Ontario Mills parking lot, but on second thought, that would be pretty stupid.

Furthermore, people from NorCal like to travel down a lot more than people in SoCal like to go up, so we will get more attendance down here. However, there are a lot of newbies and assholes down here and they might compromise the integrity of this whole thing.

I say Buttonwillow/ WillowSprings or Socal.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:53 PM   #10
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (13)
Sil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sil-Abc
so far its pretty even but thats because most ppl are biased towards where they live soo that doesnt work out too well. echo does make a point with the newbies and attracting attention but akademik made a point about socal girls lets continue the voting and see what u guys think.

So far i think we might continue doing this in socal
Old 03-04-2006, 08:01 PM   #11
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

So Cal girls for the win! You guys should hit up one of the clubs I promote for... lol.

C'mon Wong Fei Hung, So Cal girls > nor cal girls

I agree with Echo, more people are inclined to driving down here, as opposed to driving up there.
Old 03-04-2006, 11:31 PM   #12
rainier
Nissanaholic!

rainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to rainier
i just want it here since i live in so cal. but i drive a sentra?

Old 03-04-2006, 11:36 PM   #13
RSP13-Sideways
Zilvia Addict

RSP13-Sideways is making a name for him/her selfRSP13-Sideways is making a name for him/her selfRSP13-Sideways is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to RSP13-Sideways
Like I said, I'm from Norcal and I don't mind driving to SoCal cause I can bunk up with some buddies; however, if it's not a big turnout I'm not going hahaha.....

Aye Akademic, whattup with the VIP passes though?

WTB: Nothing at the moment. LEWL
WTS: Everything sold, thanks folks!
Old 03-04-2006, 11:45 PM   #14
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Hheeeeelllllaaaaaaaaa
Old 03-05-2006, 07:46 AM   #15
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
+1 for norcal, home of altamont version 2.0!
Old 03-05-2006, 07:31 PM   #16
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
I'm gonna go make a new user name and vote NorCal again!! Screw this tie!! hahah
Old 03-05-2006, 10:01 PM   #17
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSP13-Sideways
Aye Akademic, whattup with the VIP passes though?
You guys really wanna go clubbing? If so, let me know. I got a Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night club line-up.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:33 PM   #18
breakindrifts
Zilvia FREAK!

breakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nice
socal is better, just make it as north as possible for the nor-cal guys.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:34 AM   #19
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

EchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemeGuero
I'm gonna go make a new user name and vote NorCal again!! Screw this tie!! hahah
Blasphemy! hahahaha.

Don't toy with trigger-happy mods lmao.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:02 AM   #20
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

You better've voted NorCal fool.. you really gonna drive all the way down just to drive back up when you're already IN NorCal?!

SUCKA?!
Old 03-06-2006, 01:52 AM   #21
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

Yes. I would driven all the way HOME for the meet. and then driven back up if I had to
Old 03-06-2006, 02:36 AM   #22
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

THATS IT!! Echo's vote no longer counts. NORCAL FTW!!
Old 03-06-2006, 04:08 AM   #23
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

Dick, i said i voted socal hahahaha.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:18 AM   #24
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Kn1ves
socal so ^^^ can drive me to the event
Old 03-06-2006, 05:09 AM   #25
180sExy
Zilvia FREAK!

180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 180sExy
S.cal would be the best spot for a meet. HUGE import population down here.pluse,like alotta people already said the shops an sponsors are here. Eibach,Super Autobach an alotta other companies have jdm meets in the parking lot. An there is always sumthing too do here clubbing,Venice,Lil tokyo,Knotts,Downtown Disney,long romantic walks on the beach,there's like too much stuff too list. An as far as cop harassment factor i've been too acouple events where the cops were cool an did'nt bust anyone.I dont wanna sound like i'm taking their side cuz the cops here "CAN" be dicks but if you dont burnout or drive like you own the road most cops would leave you alone.Remeber every ticket an impound has a grip of paper work too be done. So if this event takes place when would it most likely take place. It sounds like fun.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:31 AM   #26
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoOfSilence
Dick, i said i voted socal hahahaha.

That's why it doesn't count. You're in NorCal, you can't vote SoCal.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:38 AM   #27
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Looks like even people from NorCal want it to be in SoCal.

SoCal for the winnarz!1!!!1
Old 03-06-2006, 01:13 PM   #28
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
i voted SOCAL.

come ON..you norcal guys know you want it in SOCAL <3
Old 03-06-2006, 01:44 PM   #29
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Echo isn't NorCal.. he misses his mommy too much.

I really just don't trust my car on that long of a drive.... I'm scurred.
If someone from NorCal brings a truck and a flatbed.. I'll go to SoCal. Haha
Old 03-06-2006, 01:49 PM   #30
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

damn right, biatch! i wouldn't venture out too far and say that you're not a mommy's boy.... that wouldn't be true, now would it?

just don't boost and you'd be fine