Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: RB or SR in 240sx?
RB 94 42.15%
SR 129 57.85%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 03:15 AM   #91
Dorifto180sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Dorifto180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dorifto180sx
I would definitely go for RB than a SR, completely different in potential. RB is all out raw power then a plain SR, not that SR's are not cool, but anyone who wants a engine that comes with so much power stock, RB would be it.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2006, 02:54 PM   #92
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Location: Louisiana. LA is for Louisiana. L.A. is Los Angeles.
Trader Rating: (2)
LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlineRacer
Ok, thats was some total contradiction. Earlier you said you would rather keep a NA KA than have a RB25 and be able to auto-x with the KA. Now you say you think the idea of a V8 is good. Umm...a rb25 would do much better as a track engine than a v8 would. You would only have about a 4k rpm band to play in. In a v8, unlike an rb25, you would have about 7k. And, a v8 would weigh a hella lot more than an rb25 would. not trying to flame man, but that last comment was really contraditory.

But, if I was to do a swap, I would go with the CA18 also. You can get them dirt cheap and you can get almost any part off a USDM pulsar to work for it. And it has just as much potential as a SR or RB would have.
Okay, thats an ignorant post. IIRC the LT-1 or LS-1 (cant remember) paired up with the T56 6 speed transmission (IIRC) Is approximately the same weight as your stock KA24 drivetrain. Its all aluminum. Check it out at www.hinsonsupercars.com theyre putting one in an s14, and making swap kits available.

As for wether CA, KA, RB, or SR. Im going with CA or RB20, because I know people who own both, and the RB20 just has that sound that says "sex". That and ive gotten to drive it a little. Very smooth power delivery. The only reason I'm swapping, though is because my KA is dead, and I dont think it can be rebuilt.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:09 PM   #93
Siberian Husky
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Siberian Husky is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissantuner22
I'm torn between the 2 myself. Its very tempting to get an RB20DET, as my car is mostly a daily driver that gets "sprited driving" from point A to B. The only thing really stopping me from the RB swap though is the parts supply. With an SR20 I can get whatever I want, with an RB, its kind of intimadating. What if something craps out on the car? than i gotta wait for parts. ugh.

anyone daily driving an RB now and can comment on its reliability and drivability?
I probably daily my rb25 more than others with the rb25.

I drive approximately 60-80, sometimes 100, miles a DAY!..thats right..day!

Comes out to 500-750 miles a week. I do oil changes every 3 weeks.

Its great, its calm when you need it to be, and you get how ever much power you want/need for spirited driving or passing cars as you need. The response is great and i get good milage for an I6 turbo.

The car feels more solid with the RB.

Havnt had any problems yet.

Also, RB parts arent bad to come by at all, it just seems that way because RBs dont share as much as the 240 market as the SR or KA. I frequent an australian skyline forum that leaves me rest assured that parts are plentiful from many suppliers both aftermarket and even OEM.

Also, i dont understand why people hate on RB and rag on it as a waste of money.

"id rather spend the 2000 dollars on tires and brakes than waste it on an RB"

Its like people believe the 240sx was solely made to drift and track. Also, a person spends money at his/her descresion so i dont see why others worry about what he or she pays for work done on the car. If money is so critical in your life and you are so economically concious that you comment on the way others spend in an audacious manner, then i cant help but pull the jealousy card.

Anyways...thumbs up to most of everyone on this board, different strokes for different folks.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:38 PM   #94
intense240sx
Leaky Injector

intense240sx is a well-known jackass
I got an SR and i love it. RB might be just to much for me. SR is good enough for this youngin!
Old 07-07-2006, 02:06 PM   #95
redsuns3838
Zilvia Addict

redsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to redsuns3838
if i had a lot of money, id go for an RB, but SR is cheaper, plus my car is a daily driver so if a part breaks, SR parts are much easier to come by and more available than RB parts. hopefully that will change someday. id love to have a RB in my car though., if i had the $
Old 07-07-2006, 02:27 PM   #96
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsuns3838
if i had a lot of money, id go for an RB, but SR is cheaper, plus my car is a daily driver so if a part breaks, SR parts are much easier to come by and more available than RB parts. hopefully that will change someday. id love to have a RB in my car though., if i had the $
The RB parts you would most likely need are readily available. It is a myth that you cannot find them. More performance aftermarket parts retailers in the 240sx community have been stocking or can get these items at a phone call.
I personally at this point in time feel that if your going to put a illegal engine in the car it might as well be a RB. I am done with SR's, while they are nice the words that were stated above by Siberianhusky ring very true.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 07-10-2006, 06:01 PM   #97
BRB26
Leaky Injector

BRB26 is an unknown quantity at this point
RB in a mustang ftw..jk
trying to get an SR in my s13..but an rb would be awesome if cash wasnt a problem..
Old 07-10-2006, 11:33 PM   #98
hybrid_eg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
hybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
if you have a money to do an RB swap all the way.. the smoothness given by this motor is simply unbelieveable! you cannot compare the two.. and yes the car feels so much more solid. Husky that was a perfect response btw!
Old 07-10-2006, 11:43 PM   #99
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Personally, i like the design of the RB better than the sr. I dont like the rocker design, i think it was a chinsy way to do it, and a single row chain? come on. The RB sounds so nice and it IS very smooth (got to ride in my buddy's rb25 s14 =). And about handling and such, I dont know about you guys, but unless im spending more time on the track than on the streets, im really not going to notice much of a difference in handling.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:00 AM   #100
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_phantom_240
Personally, i like the design of the RB better than the sr. I dont like the rocker design, i think it was a chinsy way to do it, and a single row chain? come on. The RB sounds so nice and it IS very smooth (got to ride in my buddy's rb25 s14 =). And about handling and such, I dont know about you guys, but unless im spending more time on the track than on the streets, im really not going to notice much of a difference in handling.
Your correct about that phantom. The car like siberian husky said feels a lot more solid as well as planted. It does not affect the overall handling at all. In fact some people feel it improves it.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 07-11-2006, 12:56 AM   #101
kuramaya
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
kuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
SR>RB unless its a 26
Old 07-11-2006, 09:30 AM   #102
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorkluv
SR>RB unless its a 26
no fair bjork, your in Japan. hahahhaha different set of rules . how you been man?

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 07-11-2006, 11:27 AM   #103
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

lol.. that IS a different set of rules entirely... you guys have unlimited access to cool motors... But then again we dont have homosexual taxes and fees and such every other day... and In louisiana we dont have smog.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:24 PM   #104
KodSil80
Leaky Injector

KodSil80 is on a distinguished road
RB of course
Closed Thread