Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 08-13-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post 2011 Infiniti G25 arrives Stateside, priced at $30,950

08-13-2010 07:00 AM

Filed under: Sedan, Infiniti, Luxury

2011 Infiniti G25 - Click above for high-res image

The Infiniti line-up is set to expand this September with the introduction of the G25, a new entry-level sedan packing all the amenities of its bigger brother, but with less power and a budget-minded price tag.

By all outward appearances, the G25 is your standard G sedan with a new badge, but under the hood lies the same 2.5-liter V6 that's been available in Japan since 2008. For an MSRP of $30,950, the G25 packs 218 horsepower and 187 pound-feet of torque channeled through a standard seven-speed automatic gearbox and - depending on the trim - can be had in either rear-wheel or all-wheel drive.

The standard G25, G25 Journey or G25x (AWD) come equipped with leather and power-adjustable seats, automatic climate control, six-speaker audio, 17-inch aluminum wheels, HID Xenon headlamps and the normal array of electo-nannies. An optional RearView monitor and dual-zone temperature control, along with heated front seats and outside mirrors, are available on the Journey.

All told, a completely maxed out G25 will set you back about the same amount of coin as a bone-stock G37 sedan - not a bad deal considering everything that's included. Hit the jump for the full details and expect driving impressions late next month.

[Source: Infiniti]Continue reading 2011 Infiniti G25 arrives Stateside, priced at $30,950

2011 Infiniti G25 arrives Stateside, priced at $30,950 originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 13 Aug 2010 08:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink*|*Email this*|*Comments

More...
ZilviaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2010, 12:22 PM   #2
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
WTF, this is not a good deal.
The '10 g37 sedan starts at 33,250.
Doesn't make sense that you'd skimp on such a nice engine for $2,300.
It's not like you're shopping for an econobox here, so $2k ought to be nothing in the scheme of shopping for a $30k car.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
I think they did this because they no longer had a lower car line like the G20 and the 35 had gone up to the 37. I also think that though you could get a 37 at 33k most did not walk out the door at less than pretty much 40k when all was said and done.
Not everyone manages to get the deal on new cars.
When you think that a fully loaded G25 can be had for 33k and a fully loaded 37 will cost 40k or more it stands to reason there is room for the G25. That is a 7k difference.
A 25 would probably make a dope ass swap engine with a turbo kit or even a supercharger.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html

Last edited by drift freaq; 08-17-2010 at 12:14 AM..
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 05:39 PM   #4
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Yeah base model G37 sedans are almost impossible to find, that is an unrealistic figure perhaps.
Most of the 'cheaper' G37s come with 'journey' trim that puts it in the 38k range w/ a 4k-ish premium over the base trim.
You might find a few 37k models at most dealers in socal.
The 33k price is probably a marketing gimmick to lure customers into dealers.

The same treatment could be said of the G25.
What's to say the availability of a base model there wouldn't be just as scarce?
Assuming the expensive 'Journey' pkg costs similar (article mentions this trim for G25),
We're talking about a car that's realistically closer to 35k.

Now I can see the appeal of a G25 if
A) it was much cheaper, say about $5-7k all things equal
(A 28k G25 sounds about right imo)
B) it had a tune friendly turbo engine that appealed to enthusiasts
C) it has fuel miser/eco-friendly engine that appealed to CAFE regulations & tree-huggers.
D) served to lure buyers into dealers

Actually a turbo motor would be a great alternative.
You could also throw that in the Z, sell it for cheaper, & satisfy those who demand a new 240sx.
(but call it the 250sx).
Old 08-15-2010, 08:42 PM   #5
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
Y

Now I can see the appeal of a G25 if
A) it was much cheaper, say about $5-7k all things equal
(A 28k G25 sounds about right imo)
B) it had a tune friendly turbo engine that appealed to enthusiasts
C) it has fuel miser/eco-friendly engine that appealed to CAFE regulations & tree-huggers.
D) served to lure buyers into dealers

Actually a turbo motor would be a great alternative.
You could also throw that in the Z, sell it for cheaper, & satisfy those who demand a new 240sx.
(but call it the 250sx).
Ding ding ding on the 250sx do not be surprised if NIssan pulls that out of its bag of tricks. Seriously to many people sell Nissan short these days.

Change the Z body a bit throw the VQ25 in it bring it in for 20-25k bang!

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 08-15-2010, 08:50 PM   #6
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
^ Body style change, drop the weight by a couple hundred lbs., and include a cramped up backseat it'll be a perfect modern 240sx lol

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:00 AM   #7
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
I see new swap trend... VQ25DE or VQ25DET perhaps...

is it even VQ engines?
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:10 PM   #8
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post

is it even VQ engines?
yes it is a VQ it now comes in a HR Version with a 7500 rpm redline. A pretty nice package.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 08-16-2010, 12:50 PM   #9
Karlitos
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
Karlitos is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
is it just me, or does the front end KINDA look like some 'S16' concept pics that were thrown around last year?

not saying that it looks exactly like it. but the general shapes and lines are similar
Crunchyroll - Forum - Nissan Silvia S16
Theres other pics but alot of them are on that link
Old 08-16-2010, 01:27 PM   #10
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

I have seen the G25 Coupe.

New Video
Buy my mounts!

Last edited by drift freaq; 08-17-2010 at 01:20 AM.. Reason: its here
Old 08-16-2010, 08:22 PM   #11
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Fuck all this. ANOTHER reason why there is NO reason Nissan can't give us a new SX. I'm Sick and tired of saying it.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:48 PM   #12
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Fuck all this. ANOTHER reason why there is NO reason Nissan can't give us a new SX. I'm Sick and tired of saying it.
LOL calm down Mel. Seriously I think a lot of you underestimate Nissan because Nissan plays its cards pretty close to the sleeve. They whipped this car out of the blue who is to say they do not have a new SX in the wings.

You guys just don't like it because you cannot predict what Nissan is going to do. Unlike other car companies they don't always telegraph in the next thing. LOL

Oh and for any person who thinks the FT86 is going to come in at 2500Lbs and under 30k . BWWWWWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mark my words that car will weigh in at at least 3000 lbs and have a 30k price tag on it. Its Toyota. They have not produced anything lightweight since the 80's.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 08-16-2010, 11:05 PM   #13
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

I think Mel's annoyed b/c Nissan focuses their resources on making boring appliances instead of cool enthusiast shit.

speaking for myself, I think they're a good company overall.
On the basis of the 370z & G37, I think they're leagues ahead of most manufacturers.
however, they did let everyone down by teasing customers with a new 240sx but never delivering.

Now if there was a company to be dissapointed about, it's Honda imo.
There's a company that has endless potential to make great cars,
but does boring shit instead as per their current lineup.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:00 AM   #14
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
I think Mel's annoyed b/c Nissan focuses their resources on making boring appliances instead of cool enthusiast shit.

speaking for myself, I think they're a good company overall.
On the basis of the 370z & G37, I think they're leagues ahead of most manufacturers.
however, they did let everyone down by teasing customers with a new 240sx but never delivering.

Now if there was a company to be dissapointed about, it's Honda imo.
There's a company that has endless potential to make great cars,
but does boring shit instead as per their current lineup.
ya but the G25 opens the door to a lot of possibilities and Mel seems to have lost sight of that.

Like I said before Nissan does not always telegraph in their new models and changes. I will never forget how they brought out the AWD G35's before the GTR came out and they never said anything to the press. They just started running ads at Christmas when the model hit.
It was like I new then and there that the GTR was on its way and they were not saying shit about it at the time.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 08-17-2010, 12:00 AM   #15
shinobis13hb
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
shinobis13hb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
wow. i have to agree with dave all the way. this is going to be great. im sure they wil make somethibg slim it down a bit and put a nissan logo with cheap platicy interior prices and be thousands cheaper.its simple they do it with the "z" platform. just give it time.
shinobis13hb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:41 AM   #16
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post

is it even VQ engines?
You don't even need to wait for this new motor. Theres almost 10 years worth of cheap larger displacement VQ30DET's that we can start swapping right now. Easy peezy. No gay NATS stuff to deal with.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:43 AM   #17
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Sorry Dave, long hard weekend.

Actually I'm still a huge fan of Nissan. And the G25 I think is a stellar idea. The fact that you could even fathom getting into a G for less then $31k is amazing. You realize you can walk out the door of a Toyota dealer with a lame ass Camry for that much? Or get an ugly ass Accord? Hell I told my wife about this right away and her eyes lit up. Probably not a good move on my part. lol.

But, yes, I am definitely frustrated for Nissan being so hush hush on anything related to the SX. Definitely frustrated.

Dave, I'd being willing to do a little wager on the fact that the FT86 will come in less then $30k. That I'm pretty positive will happen. The 2500lb part I'm not completely sure on. But I have a better feeling it'll be less then 3000lbs. Don't forget not too long ago Toyota's Celica was only 2500 lbs.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:37 PM   #18
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
The MR-S was like 2200 lbs wasn't it
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:48 PM   #19
DreamN
Post Whore!

DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
^ Sure was. Though it offered less practicality than a Miata.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 08-17-2010, 03:29 PM   #20
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
^ Sure was. Though it offered less practicality than a Miata.
Can you actually say practicality and Miata in the same sentence? I don't think anyone buys a Miata for any practical purposes at all.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:49 PM   #21
DreamN
Post Whore!

lol you can at least put a duffel bag in a Miata seeing as it had a trunk. all the mr-s had was a little crevice for your wallet and glasses.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 08-17-2010, 07:03 PM   #22
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

MRS was like damn almost but not quite. Looks were a bit off without a bodykit. Power was nothing to write home about. Oh and it was not exactly cheap.
Toyota makes great cars but most of their real Sports cars have been overpriced and overweight.
Mazda did do the Miata right but of late its turned into a ugly piggy thing too.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 08-17-2010, 08:12 PM   #23
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
MRS was like damn almost but not quite. Looks were a bit off without a bodykit. Power was nothing to write home about. Oh and it was not exactly cheap.
Toyota makes great cars but most of their real Sports cars have been overpriced and overweight.
Mazda did do the Miata right but of late its turned into a ugly piggy thing too.
They were only like $25k(MSRP was like $23k) after the lame ass dealer mark-up died down. Plus it was a platform built for a single car, which makes it more expensive. If Toyota is talking about spreading the chassis around then it'll be cheaper still. Plus a FR layout isn't as expensive to develop then a MR layout.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:13 PM   #24
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

My gripe with toyota (mostly driving the mk.4 supra, IS350 test drive, and a friend's ae86),
is that the steering is always so light & feels vague.
hope that isn't the case for the mister 2's or the FT86.

that's one thing i find unforgivable in any car.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:07 PM   #25
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Damn the G25 is only more efficient by 1mpg. I'm thinkin they at least could've gone the hybrid route. Something Lexus HS250'ish. But then prices would change at that setup.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:18 PM   #26
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Ultimately the G25 is nothing more then something to get people in the showroom. Yes, they will probably sell a fare amount, but it will be a good tool to use to upsell people to the G37. By offering something at only a marginally lower price but substantially less features it makes the more expensive product look like a better deal. It's something that is an integral part of the sales game. Trust me I know these games like the back of my hand.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:21 PM   #27
tsx1racer04
Zilvia Member

tsx1racer04 is a splendid one to beholdtsx1racer04 is a splendid one to beholdtsx1racer04 is a splendid one to beholdtsx1racer04 is a splendid one to beholdtsx1racer04 is a splendid one to beholdtsx1racer04 is a splendid one to beholdtsx1racer04 is a splendid one to beholdtsx1racer04 is a splendid one to beholdtsx1racer04 is a splendid one to beholdtsx1racer04 is a splendid one to beholdtsx1racer04 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Damn the G25 is only more efficient by 1mpg. I'm thinkin they at least could've gone the hybrid route. Something Lexus HS250'ish. But then prices would change at that setup.
I've read somewhere that a team of Nissan/Infiniti drivers got 38mpg out of an eco-run they did back in 2007.

Green Car Congress: Nissan V6 Skyline Delivers 38 MPG in Road Test

^Link to the 38mpg VQ25HR.

Any who, the G25 sounds like a great addition to Infiniti's line up.
tsx1racer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:30 AM   #28
comablack783
Leaky Injector

comablack783 is on a distinguished road
Seems like you guys are missing the point IMO, G25 is not an sx replacment, simply put the G25 = nissans IS250... Look around at all the lexus IS's you see driving on the street and youll notice alot of them are IS250s, why? not everyone who is in the market for a 4 door luxury car in interested in "performance"... infact id say that for alot of non-enthusiast people its about the price/quality... if your this type of person then saving money by buying the same car with a "cheaper" motor/brakes makes sense... case in point, Look at the bmw e46 3 series...318, 325,328,330,m3... lol.
comablack783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:30 AM   #29
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by comablack783 View Post
Seems like you guys are missing the point IMO, G25 is not an sx replacment, simply put the G25 = nissans IS250... Look around at all the lexus IS's you see driving on the street and youll notice alot of them are IS250s, why? not everyone who is in the market for a 4 door luxury car in interested in "performance"... infact id say that for alot of non-enthusiast people its about the price/quality... if your this type of person then saving money by buying the same car with a "cheaper" motor/brakes makes sense... case in point, Look at the bmw e46 3 series...318, 325,328,330,m3... lol.
No actually you missed our point. We are not saying the G25 is a SX replacement. We are saying because the upper line will now have a VQ25 variant slated in below the in the lineup it would be easy for Nissan to cheapen down the package and make a SX replacement.

If you managed to read you would see that is where the discussion went, tangent wise. Its just a lot of people got into the whole why did Nissan make this and not a SX replacement whine.
Then some of us piped up and said but this opens the door for the possibility.
Of course they brought it out as IS250 competitor. You do not have to be Einstein to see that.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 08-19-2010, 01:49 PM   #30
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Who cares? nobody here can afford one let alone very few have been financially responsible enough not to get raped on an auto loan and the last thing they would buy is a Nissan 240sx brand new for 30k fully loaded.

That's why the 240sx died out in the first place, lack luster performance in an overpriced non luxurious package. People are buying smart cars and eco cars left and right, nobody likes high gas prices or expensive registration.

New cars have all of that.

The G25 should've been out a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOng time ago to compete with the IS250 lexus offers. I still would like the version with 100 more horsepower but honestly I'd trade the horsepower for the luxury and knowing when a cop is behind me I can breath a sigh or relieve instead of betting myself I'm going to get pulled over.