Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 08-10-2007, 07:57 PM   #1
administrator
ladder

Trader Rating: (0)
administrator is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Top 10 Sports Cars on MSN Autos

The most popular sports cars on MSN Autos, based on visits to the site's vehicle pages.

More...
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2007, 10:41 PM   #2
seantwopointone

seantwopointone is on a distinguished road
M-massive
U-ugly
S-shit-pile
T-thats
A-always
N-no
G-good

IMO written by an idiot.
seantwopointone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:06 PM   #3
mRclARK1
Post Whore!

mRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfection
Half of those cars I wouldn't even consider "sports cars"

You're telling me that a Mustang and Eclipse make the list for "sports cars of the year"... and something like a DB(#), Veyron or Gallardo doesn't? haha

I like 240's just fine, but anything that falls into the same category/demographic of owners as them, like Mustangs and Eclipses, are NOT sports cars.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:32 AM   #4
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (13)
Sil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sil-Abc
saturn sky and a mx-5..... one ive never heard of and the other well since when was that sports car?
Old 08-18-2007, 12:33 AM   #5
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
They're based on visits to the car's page. Not the writer.
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:57 AM   #6
Unholy S14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (-3)
Unholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: -3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Unholy S14
pretty shitty list
Old 08-18-2007, 04:55 AM   #7
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
Uh, the list is top 10 most popular sports cars on MSN, no the top 10 best sports cars. The list is really not that surprising except for the Eclipse.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 05:09 AM   #8
nassin31spr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
nassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Top 10 most affordable sports cars. Yuk.

"Home is where the armor is"
nassin31spr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:10 AM   #9
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil-Abc View Post
saturn sky and a mx-5..... one ive never heard of and the other well since when was that sports car?
the Sky is just a Saturn version of the Pontiac Solstice. And the Miata is most definitely a sports car. The traditional definition of a "sports car" is a lightweight, good handling 2-seat convertible/roadster. In more recent years, the term has been applied mostly to expensive, high-performance cars, but traditionally, it describes the miata perfectly.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:51 AM   #10
mRclARK1
Post Whore!

mRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
the Sky is just a Saturn version of the Pontiac Solstice. And the Miata is most definitely a sports car. The traditional definition of a "sports car" is a lightweight, good handling 2-seat convertible/roadster. In more recent years, the term has been applied mostly to expensive, high-performance cars, but traditionally, it describes the miata perfectly.
You do have a point there.

I think part of it is lots of people (me included) get really annoyed with people lumping cars like the Eclipse, Mustang, Miata etc. in with cars like a Gallardo or Veyron and blanketing them with the term "Sports Car". So people tend to respond with saying Miatas etc. aren't a sports car because they're not nearly on the same level as an exotic or supercar obviously.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:35 AM   #11
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
hah i know of a turbo miata beating z06's gt3s evos s/c stg II m3 a viper tt350z sport bikes. its bored out to 2.0 full greddy e manage gt28rs. and has customs parts but is boosting at 12 psi hp around 385hp in a car that weights less than 2500. he is tuning with cams next on e85 going for high 400 even500hp. different turbo tho do some research on the miata. it out sold the mgb and some other one i can't remember. most two seater roadsters want to be what the miata is. the best selling 2 seater sports car. drive one, then you'll understand. not sure where he is from btw.

hell i beat a new evo from a roll at about 70mph. wasn't even trying to race and i didn't down shift he did downshift tho. it was awesome! i was driving an 05 stock msm btw. friggin warranty!

back on topic. I don't agree with that list either!
hellion240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:11 AM   #12
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
t The traditional definition of a "sports car" is a lightweight, good handling 2-seat convertible/roadster. In more recent years, the term has been applied mostly to expensive, high-performance cars, but traditionally, it describes the miata perfectly.
ahem cough cough, by your definition a Porsche 911 was never sports car . BZZZ wrong!
You have posted your own opinion of a Sports car not the the general rule, if you want to get down to brass tacks about it. Your definition is for a type of sports car!! A roadster like you did state, but a type!
Now closed roof cars can be be Sports cars, and have been sports cars since the the end of world war II.Yes before WWII most if not all sports cars were open seat roadsters but just because the car has a closed roof does not rule it out of the sports car catagory. You cannot say a Ferrari 246 is not a sports car nor can you not say 62 Jaguar XKE is not a sports car, it came both open and closed top!
Does this make Pony cars like the Mustang a Sports car? no. Technically a Mustang is a sporty car not a sports car per se but it also straddles the line of falling into the muscle car catagory, hence the pony car catagorization. A Eclipse is a Sport compact. Sport compacts are basically compact cars made sporty and all sports oriented FWD.
Does the 180sx/240sx fastback fall into the sports car catagory? Yes. Does the Silvia aka 240sx coupe fall into the same catagory technically no its a Sports coupe as is a M3 and most BMW's excepting the Z3,Z4,Z8.
T

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:58 AM   #13
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^
In axiomatik defense I have heard that definition used by many sources. I don't agree with it entirely.

In my definition a sports car is:

RWD, Coupe or Roadster, Lightweight, and fun to drive.

Some AWD cars can also be considered sports cars IMO.

Super Cars are obviously sports cars also.

A Miata is a sports car IMO.

And Sil-Abc, how the hell have you never heard of a Saturn Sky?