Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-27-2019, 03:41 PM   #1
Ronan

Trader Rating: (0)
Ronan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Buying a 1992 Shell with a Blown Motor?

I'm looking to buy a LHD 240sx with a blown SR20. The guy who has it bought it with the number 2 cylinder with a spun rod bearing. The crank is saveable, needs a new piston, but other than that is ok (allegedly). Comes with a rebuilt trans that has less than 500 miles on it. The motor and rad are pulled as well, sitting on a pallet. He also sent me some pictures, and everything looks pretty good. Body is really clean, interior is really clean, and 2 sets of wheels (stock and XXRs). I ran the VIN and came out clean all around.

His story is that he bought it as a project, but his wife got pregnant. I gave him a call and he told me he was going to LS swap it and couldn't find a T56 for a decent price.

Does anyone have any tips on buying anything like this? I know the obvious like looking for scoring or any warpage and whatnot but anything SR specific?

He's asking 3500 (2650USD).

Thanks!

Last edited by Ronan; 11-27-2019 at 04:21 PM..
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2019, 04:00 PM   #2
jdmgtom
Zilvia Member

jdmgtom has made poor choicesjdmgtom has made poor choicesjdmgtom has made poor choicesjdmgtom has made poor choicesjdmgtom has made poor choicesjdmgtom has made poor choices
are you willing to have a money pit?
Old 11-27-2019, 04:08 PM   #3
Ronan

As in to fix or my need to spend rediculous amounts of money on random shit
Old 11-27-2019, 04:26 PM   #4
Ronan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmgtom View Post
are you willing to have a money pit?
As in to fix or my need to spend rediculous amounts of money on random shit
Old 11-27-2019, 06:24 PM   #5
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
buy it

maybe 7 years later you can enjoy driving it

that is, after you fix all the shit that isnt working, in addition to the things that he claims were rebuilt but probably not rebuilt properly
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 06:46 PM   #6
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Dint get into s-chassis unless u set a budget goal of $ to spend...............

Then times that by 3 and u SHOULD have a driveable car that will last. (Not really will be spendn $ on it like a car payment every month)

Sound advice... get urself a new car, something thats reliable and has warranty..enjoy that!
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 07:34 PM   #7
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
times have changed

now the nissan 240sx is a superior top quality luxury vehicle, like highest model mercedes and range rover 150k performance. The original models cost ten to one hundred times what they ought, modified versions fly but you rarely see them because they almost cost what a house costs, and have terrible gas mileage for everyone but it's okay because you have money to burn with these kinds of cars.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 08:34 PM   #8
gabefromcali
Leaky Injector

gabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to all
Ew Lhd... Buy it and blow it up
gabefromcali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 08:35 AM   #9
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
XXR's included, don't buy it.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 01:11 PM   #10
coupesallday!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
coupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via MSN to coupesallday!
That’s a lot of money for a stock shell, fake wheels and blown sr, I wouldn’t do it lol
coupesallday! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 04:18 PM   #11
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
post some photos

its hard to judge how much this car is worth without them
Old 11-28-2019, 10:05 PM   #12
Ronan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
post some photos

its hard to judge how much this car is worth without them
Here's the ad, bumper is included
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...lhd/1469151594
Old 11-29-2019, 01:56 AM   #13
coupesallday!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
coupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via MSN to coupesallday!
Like I said lol it’s a stock shell with a blown sr lmao I wouldn’t pay over $1000 for it loL
coupesallday! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 04:48 AM   #14
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
$800 car not a penny more
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 05:06 AM   #15
ixfxi
Post Whore!

800 is a bit harsh
i paid 900 for a blown s14 sr w/ rebuilt head, no turbo, and manual trans w/ b&m shifter.

maybe 1500 but the car doesnt really have any valuable parts other than the engine. still 4 lug, shitty wheels and brakes, interior is dog turd, leaky noisy sunroof... but hey, the pickings are slim nowadays. especially in canada where most cars are clapped out.

1500 sounds reasonable to me. otherwise, dude can enjoy a non-working car and a nagging pregnant wife constantly reminding him to get rid of that shit
Old 12-02-2019, 09:17 AM   #16
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

jedi03 is on a distinguished road
hes trying to make car payments on the sti next to it lol...why is everything literally pulled and palletized? that's a little odd imo...could have bought it as such and just didn't want to put anything into it...
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote