Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #151
Mile High Silvia
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Mile High Silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATandP View Post
There are 2 versions. One is like the picture above which has the stock SR thread and taper. That one sells for $410 which includes tax and insured shipping within the 48 states. If you live in another location, I will still ship it to you, it just costs more.

The other version which has a different thread pitch and step design specific to a custom billet knob (picture below) is a little bit more at $445 which includes tax and insured shipping within the 48 states.

Andrew

this shifter is fucking sick! this is on my list for sure! i watched that video and holy fucking hell what an awesome design. thank you sir for making such an awesome piece. i can imagine it now in my s13 on the drag strip and at the drift track! a nice duracon shift knob would do this very well or my 440gram neo chrome shift knob! fuck yea
Mile High Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #152
Nissan_Noob

Nissan_Noob is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a B&M short shifter, it's nice but it does make noise.
Nissan_Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #153
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
ryandriftingfat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I never liked the "short" shifter fad, and I personally think they have no place in drifting.

I have the Circuit Sports V2 shifter. I got a solid bushing and a 4" extension for it with the stock weighted knob. It's the best thing ever. No missing shifts, no slop. The V3 is supposed to be even better but I'm happy with what I have.

ryandriftingfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #154
Psychomoongoose
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Psychomoongoose is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATandP View Post
I posted earlier in this thread after I first made the custom short throw shifter for a 510 with SR swap. Now I have 5-6 of these in 510's with SR or KA swaps. Like nothing offered on the market...not even the 5.0 pro can compare.

ATP Short Throw Shifter in KA powered Datsun 510 - YouTube

My friend has one of these in his SR20DET 510. I drove it most of the way back from Vegas, and the functionality is 100% top notch. Very awesome driving feel. Talk about PIMP SHIT!

On the other hand I have a 383 stoker LS1 in my S13 and am running an MGW short shifter. I havent missed a gear with it installed! Also mention that I have a Tick Performance Stage II rebuild on the T-56. The shifter is friggin awesome! Feels great rowing through the gears, bang em at high RPM and no problems. I hear from other people with T-56 OEM stuff that the can be tempermental when switching at high RPM or too quickly. Not mine with the combo I installed.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #155
LI NY 240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (10)
LI NY 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Silvia View Post
tomei shifters no longer made?
No, but they should start making them again. Based on all the reviews I've read, I think they would sell a shit ton.
LI NY 240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:51 PM   #156
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Can anyone with a C's Shifter tell me how thick the bushing is that goes over the bush socket. Mine didn't come with one and I want to just make one. Thanks
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:45 PM   #157
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
IIRC there are two bushings. Are you talking about the top or the bottom?

My Tomei shifter was missing the top spacer...went to Ace Hardware and got some plastic/nylon washers that stacked perfectly (I used like 3) on my Tomei shifter. Works great and no noise, super smooth, no slop and very short throws. Best shifter ever (I hear C's is pretty much the same as Tomei). Hated my old B&M style shifter.
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:49 PM   #158
bigs
Nissanaholic!

bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by az_240 View Post
IIRC there are two bushings. Are you talking about the top or the bottom?

My Tomei shifter was missing the top spacer...went to Ace Hardware and got some plastic/nylon washers that stacked perfectly (I used like 3) on my Tomei shifter. Works great and no noise... super smooth with very short throws. Best shifter ever (I hear C's is pretty much the same as Tomei). Hated my old B&M style shifter.
Top. I'm talking about the little gasket that goes on last after the metal bushing, wave washer, bush socket. I think it's not a big deal though.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:57 PM   #159
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
Like these black rubber washers?

Pretty sure it's to prevent rattle.
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:07 PM   #160
Chaluska
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Chaluska is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have a circuitsports V3. very impressive quality and feel.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:10 PM   #161
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by az_240 View Post
Like these black rubber washers?
Pretty sure it's to prevent rattle.
No, not that. The thing that prevents rattle is the rubber in the fat part of the shifter.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:31 PM   #162
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
B&M - Bought the car with it back in 04/05. I've actually never driven a 240sx without one.

After the SR install and clutch upgrade I came to hate it. Way to firm and "clicky" when shifting. I have a CS bushing.

Ditched it for a worn out stock one that wobbles around in every gear. So much better, feels like butter. No miss shift issues or anything (learn to drive).
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:00 PM   #163
SilviaSR20DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
SilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I say B&M is hands down the best shifter for 240sx. I have used my b&m on my ka motor for years and now its on my sr20 nothing but short super smooth shifts . I would try the tomei shifter if i didn't already have the b&m.
SilviaSR20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:02 PM   #164
abcdefg123
Leaky Injector

abcdefg123 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd like to purchase the atp short shifter setup, pm me please
abcdefg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:37 PM   #165
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
The shifter from a D21 truck can be used as a short shifter, as long is it used in the B&M-style shifter housing or with the Ebay shifter spacer plate.

Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:47 PM   #166
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaluska View Post
I have a circuitsports V3. very impressive quality and feel.
Wow the v3 looks super dope.

I have the v2. It somewhat rattles but my weighted grex knob reduced it quite a bit.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:29 PM   #167
foxystyle
Zilvia Member

foxystyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
Wow the v3 looks super dope.

I have the v2. It somewhat rattles but my weighted grex knob reduced it quite a bit.
V3 is definitely a good piece, I prefer it to my Tomei shift which is just accumulating dust
foxystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:26 PM   #168
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Does anyone on here have the ATP shifter? It is quite a neat design, but I am curious about its longevity as far as long-term daily use goes.

Last edited by Matej; 08-21-2014 at 10:47 PM..
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:11 PM   #169
Kallixtos
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (61)
Kallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really nice
Feedback Score: 61 reviews
I like the V3 Circuit Sports. Although I couldnt find a shift knob that wouldnt rattle. I Teflon taped the crap out of everything Lol. I've been enjoying my C's unit lately.
Kallixtos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 01:03 AM   #170
ma52a

ma52a has a little shameless behavior in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by comablack783 View Post
I bought a B&M, I believe V1, rattled like crazy, and occasionally grind-ed, very annoying. Went to ISIS after reading reviews, had more grinding and still rattled alot. One of my major complaints with the ISIS which did not happen with the B&M or stock is that for a slow roll (say stop and go traffic) its impossible to go back to 1st gear. I never had these issues with the stock one so went back to stock. would not recommend either product.
isnt there a lockout to prevent you from going into first? i never have an issue but when im going slow i just double clutch the transition and if youre rolling even a little bit just hit second.
ma52a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 07:36 PM   #171
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma52a View Post
isnt there a lockout to prevent you from going into first? i never have an issue but when im going slow i just double clutch the transition and if youre rolling even a little bit just hit second.
Fukn replies to a post thats 5 yrs old...good job
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 07:43 PM   #172
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Fukn replies to a post thats 5 yrs old...good job
aaaaaaand why is that your problem?

please explain
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:18 PM   #173
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
Originally Posted by cured13 View Post
aaaaaaand why is that your problem?

please explain
Not a problem...just seems stupid to post on a dead thread to bump it to the top when its full of ancient information. Plus its annoying
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote