Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-03-2014, 12:14 PM   #91
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Ya I can't stand Boxsters. Now Caymens are not bad, but hey Corbic you do realize this is specifically a BMW thread! Not a I'm going to drop a Porsche in the mix becuase I don't feel BMW's.
Are you trying to get back to your old trolling ways? lol

Seriously dude if you can't discuss BMW's beyond saying you hate the Z3, can't say I blame you, hahaha. Then why are you even posting?

I will repeat for you just so you get it.
This is a thread to discuss BMW's . It was specifically created for that I don't see the name Porsche anywhere in the title.

Go start a Porsche thread man.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2014, 01:26 PM   #92
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I can tell everyone thinks Z3's are ugly based on how the Z4's(which I like) are holding their value compared to the Z3's.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:51 PM   #93
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Bavarian Motor Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Not a I'm going to drop a Porsche in the mix becuase I don't feel BMW's.

When did I say that?

Quote:
Then why are you even posting? .
More like simply showing yet another ultra-affordable German option that gets over looked.

Quote:

I will repeat for you just so you get it.
This is a thread to discuss BMW's . It was specifically created for that I don't see the name Porsche anywhere in the title..
Watch it I might post a B5 S4 too...

http://www.stanceworks.com/2014/10/a...-stereoscreen/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=108230034

Quote:
Go start a Porsche thread man.

And it will be tumble weeds. Maybe we should just make a Deutschland thread.

Last edited by Corbic; 11-03-2014 at 04:19 PM.. Reason: fix
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 03:36 PM   #94
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That blue drift E36 looks just as trash as most other drift cars. WTF happened to the American drift scene?
Old 11-03-2014, 04:15 PM   #95
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanish1 View Post
I like that... Agressive!
This weekend, road trip to Cali for Escape..day of the dead..:

Old 11-03-2014, 04:37 PM   #96
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
???? There are aftermarket suspension options available but for a dd street car nothing beats the oem sachs setup. Tckline, dinan, koni, bilsteins and pss9s, raceland, ground control, bimmerworld, h&r, kw, tms

I wouldnt say they dont like being low, I think the case is there are more bmw owners who understand the role of ride height in regards to application, not just slamming it to the floor and calling it a day. Roll center, suspension geometry, center of gravity these concepts arent chassis specific. Steering rack is fine and feels great also unless you want something a lil snappier which the z3 rack does well.

the lower the # the taller the gear gets, higher # are short. A 3.23 gearing is about as tall as you would want for a 5 speed on a car that was designed for autobahn cruising, the 6 speed getrag that came on the euro e36 and e46 is an option if youre looking for a nice cruising gear.

all those would be great choices, bavaria is such a rarity I have never seen one on the road. 5 series are great cars as well, I love me some e28 535is' and m5, e34 540i's and m5, and e39 m5s and 540i's, even the 525i's are great platforms.
I have Koni/H&R OE Sport combo on my M3, it rides like crap if you have it set up to not be floaty. Bilsteins have the same problem. I am really picky about damping, and I've yet to see a suspension setup that I can run at my ride height (about stock) that works the way I want. If I'm in maximum attack mode, the Konis work fairly well but if I'm anything less than 8/10s they're silly as hell.

Did you honestly mention Ricelands? That's not an option unless one is: 1. clinically insane 2. dumber than a box of rocks 3. so clueless one's a poster boy for eugenics. I'll repeat- they are not an option.

E36s don't like being low in SoCal if you do any hard driving at all. The front stroke is very short stock (less than 4 inches total), and lowering them typically exacerbates the problem because not many people run springs stiff enough to keep them from bottoming. I'm running MCU bumpstops intended for a Mini Cooper S and they've made a difference in how the car handles mid-corner.

The steering rack does have great feel, but it has too high a ratio. My 240 (with HICAS rack) feels Lotus-quick compared to the E36.

The lower the numerical ratio, the higher the gearing. The higher the ratio, the lower the gearing. Think of low range in a truck. The six-speed is a viable swap but I'm comparing apples to apples here.

I was offered a Boxster for $1500 and turned it down.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:45 PM   #97
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Damn, Gabe. Looking hot right thurrr...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
That blue drift E36 looks just as trash as most other drift cars. WTF happened to the American drift scene?
Yep. But it goes like stink. I certainly didn't post it for its looks. Just looking for info on common turbo S52 setups. But I got a kick out if that pile swimming in an ocean S13's & S14's... lol
Old 11-03-2014, 06:19 PM   #98
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Just realized something I really don't like about E36's, at least visually... I really looks like the rear wheel arches are smaller than the fronts. So when you lower the cars, you either end up with a weird raked look or you tuck your rears. And I'm not really a fan of how tucking looks.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #99
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
I have Koni/H&R OE Sport combo on my M3, it rides like crap if you have it set up to not be floaty. Bilsteins have the same problem. I am really picky about damping, and I've yet to see a suspension setup that I can run at my ride height (about stock) that works the way I want. If I'm in maximum attack mode, the Konis work fairly well but if I'm anything less than 8/10s they're silly as hell.
is this for a dd? if so oem sachs or dinan is the way to go

Quote:
Did you honestly mention Ricelands? That's not an option unless one is: 1. clinically insane 2. dumber than a box of rocks 3. so clueless one's a poster boy for eugenics. I'll repeat- they are not an option.
plenty of folks online running them, dont shoot the messenger im just listing options.

Quote:
The lower the numerical ratio, the higher the gearing. The higher the ratio, the lower the gearing. Think of low range in a truck. The six-speed is a viable swap but I'm comparing apples to apples here.
youre repeating exactly what I said.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:49 PM   #100
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore

e36 m3 running at pikes peak this year

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=481320

Old 11-04-2014, 12:25 PM   #101
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Couple of things, first off a BMW should have a certain amount of rake in its stance. It's the way the cars come from the facotory.
As far as konis riding bad or BMW's not being able to handle bing slammed that is BS. If your E36 is bottoming out up front then your shocks are blown.
My car is dropped pretty low and it still rides great compared to a dropped 240sx. I am running TC Kline coil overs up front based on custom Konis and Konis with HR springs in the rear . I am planning getting custom konis for the rear and height adjusters,and removing he HR springs. I do know it would bottom out up front when it had blown konis with HR springs which is probably what others who run HR up front are going through.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 11-04-2014, 12:40 PM   #102
GabeS14
Post Whore!

GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
My car is dropped pretty low and it still rides great compared to a dropped 240sx. I am running TC Kline coil overs up front based on custom Konis and Konis with HR springs in the rear . I am planning getting custom konis for the rear and height adjusters,and removing he HR springs. I do know it would bottom out up front when it had blown konis with HR springs which is probably what others who run HR up front are going through.
different model, but mine when I first lowered it just a bit it rode very well,also better then a lowered 240sx... now that I slammed it close to where I want it isnt so great anymore I feel more roll and more understeer...
I am looking at getting 40k springs for the rear because the E92/3 differential sits so low to the ground it bottoms out if you dont have super stiff springs..
I am on F.A with swift 14k/18k springs right now..ruined my fender coming to visit cali last friday..stupid shitty freeways lol...
Old 11-04-2014, 02:11 PM   #103
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
plenty of folks online running them, dont shoot the messenger im just listing options.
Plenty of folks on here bandwagoning garbage coilover brands. Throw FK and JOM in there too...
Old 11-04-2014, 06:20 PM   #104
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS14 View Post
different model, but mine when I first lowered it just a bit it rode very well,also better then a lowered 240sx... now that I slammed it close to where I want it isnt so great anymore I feel more roll and more understeer...
I am looking at getting 40k springs for the rear because the E92/3 differential sits so low to the ground it bottoms out if you dont have super stiff springs..
I am on F.A with swift 14k/18k springs right now..ruined my fender coming to visit cali last friday..stupid shitty freeways lol...
You have that sprung pretty hard for a BMW . One of the great things about the BMW is you don't have to spring it so hard to make it handle great and slide. Lol
I would suggest lowering the spring rate and beefing up your swaybars instead that way you flatten out the roll but retain a semblance of ride quality.

240 people have to realize these are not 240's you do not need to spring them hard. Hell actually 240's tend to be over spring by their owners as well. It's the whole I want to slide drift machine slammed mentality. Fine for a track horrible for anything else.
Seriously maybe it's because mine is E36 M3 I am sitting pretty flush and my ride is still quite decent.

In fact I get compliments from people that know and people,that don't trip on my wheel stance. Of course I am running E46 M3 (18's)wheels which a lot of people will say is not possible. Though a few of us are doing it and a few admit you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Plenty of folks on here bandwagoning garbage coilover brands. Throw FK and JOM in there too...
Ya BMW's should be running Bilsteins, Koni's, Tuner Motor Sports,( use Koni's I believe)TC Kline( uses custom Koni's) , HR, ( uses Koni's) KW, Sachs, Moton, few others as well but.....

none of the Japanese or Taiwan stuff

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 11-04-2014, 06:39 PM   #105
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Oh, the reason for my super stif choice is because, the E93 is 400lbs heavier then the E92 and at my ride height the car still squats too much, it is hitting my fender onto the wheels and the Diff is bottoming out, it's not for handling..
Old 11-04-2014, 08:38 PM   #106
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Seriously maybe it's because mine is E36 M3 I am sitting pretty flush and my ride is still quite decent.

In fact I get compliments from people that know and people,that don't trip on my wheel stance. Of course I am running E46 M3 (18's)wheels which a lot of people will say is not possible. Though a few of us are doing it and a few admit you can.
Yes personally its nice being able to run factory specs and being completely satisfied with how the car sits; thats cool youre running e46 m3 wheels, 18s can look good on the e36.

I have stock contours atm, I like them, the only other oem wheel I would switch for are bmw motorsport ltw wheels; forged oem pr0n.

aftermarket for some reason I have a thing for rondell style 21s, that or go big with some 5x120 work wheels.

speaking of suspension this past weekend I changed out some of the rear bits, sachs shocks w/ e46 m3 vert rsms and ecstuning rsm plates.

quite the difference between old and new:
Old 11-04-2014, 09:33 PM   #107
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Yes personally its nice being able to run factory specs and being completely satisfied with how the car sits; thats cool youre running e46 m3 wheels, 18s can look good on the e36.

I have stock contours atm, I like them, the only other oem wheel I would switch for are bmw motorsport ltw wheels; forged oem pr0n.

aftermarket for some reason I have a thing for rondell style 21s, that or go big with some 5x120 work wheels.

speaking of suspension this past weekend I changed out some of the rear bits, sachs shocks w/ e46 m3 vert rsms and ecstuning rsm plates.

quite the difference between old and new:
Cool ya I actually want to get some concave CSL style wheels. Most likely I will get a set of VMR's.
I also have aftermarket urethane bushings installed. But ya my car is dropped. It's just it seems to work well even dropped. Which is why I think KA's Koni's are blown. I know that when my friend owned my car he had Koni's up front with HR springs and it was dropped pretty hard and they were blown and he would bottom. Hence the TC Klines.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 11-04-2014, 09:49 PM   #108
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

csl style would look good

first time I looked at VMR wheels, not bad, reminds me of apex wheels

http://www.apexraceparts.com/apex-products/wheels/

http://www.myapexparts.com/bmw-e36-m3/

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=428767
Old 11-05-2014, 11:54 AM   #109
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
csl style would look good

first time I looked at VMR wheels, not bad, reminds me of apex wheels

http://www.apexraceparts.com/apex-products/wheels/

http://www.myapexparts.com/bmw-e36-m3/

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=428767
Ya they are around 1/3 to 1/2 cheaper than the Apex and now VMR is doing flow forged as well. The price of the flow forged is closer to the Apex. Though the Apexs are not as CSL rep as the VMR's.

The good thing about the Apex is they make better size and offset options and have paid closer attention to addressing multiple setups for our cars . Whereas VMR just follows off the shelf offsets for our cars.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 11-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #110
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
I would hope that the after market coilovers for BMWs are better than the absolute trash that the S chassis and larger japanese car scene sees. Over sprung and under damped as a bandaid for fubared geometry and travel is no way to tune a car.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:26 PM   #111
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
I would hope that the after market coilovers for BMWs are better than the absolute trash that the S chassis and larger japanese car scene sees. Over sprung and under damped as a bandaid for fubared geometry and travel is no way to tune a car.

Are you unwell?

It's all about the brand. Running some Ohlins, Bilstiens, Konis or KW2 even and yes, it will be better.

Throw on the eBay specials, K-sports and Megan's and you'll have the exact same shit, just different mounting brackets.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 11:26 PM   #112
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Quote:
is this for a dd? if so oem sachs or dinan is the way to go
My idea of a DD is a car that gets used harder than most peoples' track cars- on the weekend.

I run 3.2 degrees of front camber and have even tire wear- just to give you an idea of what my daily is expected to do.

OEM is not in my vocabulary. I tried OEM rubber bushings, and once you've gone spherical all around like I have on my 240, rubber is garbage. I've been willing to compromise, since it's my street car, but once I get enough miles on these things, they're gone.

My Konis were brand new. Like I said, I'm picky- they ride better than my Buddy Clubs or KTS coilovers did, but that's kinda like saying Obama's a better president than Bush, it just ain't high praise. I have Koni double-adjustables on my track car and it rides better than my E36.

If you aren't bottoming stock or slightly-stiffer-than-stock springs, you don't drive as hard as I do. Period, full-stop. I could upload a video of the roads I like to drive but you might accuse me of car abuse.

I run OEM LTWs- they're unbendable. If my brother couldn't bend them, I can't. That said, I'll likely go with Apexes next year.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:26 AM   #113
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
My idea of a DD is a car that gets used harder than most peoples' track cars- on the weekend.

I run 3.2 degrees of front camber and have even tire wear- just to give you an idea of what my daily is expected to do.

OEM is not in my vocabulary. I tried OEM rubber bushings, and once you've gone spherical all around like I have on my 240, rubber is garbage. I've been willing to compromise, since it's my street car, but once I get enough miles on these things, they're gone.

My Konis were brand new. Like I said, I'm picky- they ride better than my Buddy Clubs or KTS coilovers did, but that's kinda like saying Obama's a better president than Bush, it just ain't high praise. I have Koni double-adjustables on my track car and it rides better than my E36.

If you aren't bottoming stock or slightly-stiffer-than-stock springs, you don't drive as hard as I do. Period, full-stop. I could upload a video of the roads I like to drive but you might accuse me of car abuse.
I am the opposite, my M3 is a total daily atm and so it receives all OEM pieces.

cool review of hvt coilovers
http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...ersion-10.aspx

Last edited by vanish1; 11-06-2014 at 09:16 AM..
vanish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 02:18 PM   #114
Mikey213
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (-1)
Mikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really nice
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
I love my e60!
Mikey213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 02:40 PM   #115
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I wanted an E92 M3, but I realized I am poor and live with my mom so
now I just drive a '00 Ford F150.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:26 PM   #116
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
What do you guys think of the i8?

I think it might be one of the sexiest cars of the decade. But only if it's in black. Don't really like that 2 tone scheme.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:55 PM   #117
simmode1
Post Whore!

God help you when anything on the i8 breaks. Plus, you could buy 2 much faster C7 Corvettes for that price. No thanks.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:14 PM   #118
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah its defintely a good looking car, but Im still not sold on electric cars
Goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:43 PM   #119
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
God help you when anything on the i8 breaks. Plus, you could buy 2 much faster C7 Corvettes for that price. No thanks.
I dont think people who can afford a $140,000 automobile necessarily worry about the price of something breaking on the car.

its one thing if the auto is a lemon, but if you gotta replace one of the CF wheels or a busted laser headlight oh well! play to pay

http://bmwi.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=910976

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwKdQQ5WOXA

chris harris does a cool review on it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5I6xuhNgVg

car is drop dead beautiful, very futuristic looking, amazing that you can have a german sports car with a pure ev mode.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:05 PM   #120
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Gonna do the same thing I did in the other thread and post up some builds I'd like to do.

-1990 325iS M52b29- Ground Controls, Ronal LS, Super Clean, White over Cardinal
- 2002Ti Inka Orange. Factory 13" fins, widened to 7.5" all around. 205 Sprint Classics. Period bubble flares, maybe Turbo flares. LSD, rorty exhaust. Big Webers, lumpy cam. Hooligan.
- Bavaria- White, Maybe. As much travel as possible. Tarmac rally suspension. Built M30. Also hooligan.
- E12 M535i- Definitely White. Stock but completely restored and with revalved Bilsteins.
- E36 M3, S50b32, Clean, Aggressive. Hellrot over Modena. OZ Mitos. 225s all around.
- E36 M3 JDM Time Attack- Daytona Violet. Big aero that doesn't detract from the looks. ZE40s.
- 740i Sport. 6-speed, S62, Estoril Blue. Bruiser cruiser. Magnetorheological suspension. 18" Alpinas. Alcantara and leather.
- E28 M5- Euro Bumpers, White. Not stock. FCM suspension.
- E39 M5- '01 or later, Alcantara Everywhere, Fikse FM5s, Imola Red. FCM suspension. Upgraded but lightweight brakes.
- E30 M3- Clean, stock-ish, Alpine White II.

The i8 may not be the best car, but its drama is irresistible to me. It's fascinatingly complex in terms of design.