Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Misc & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 11:55 AM   #121
illest13

Trader Rating: (1)
illest13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
sick i hope mine ships out today! been calling, emailing and pm'ing but no responses..

Last edited by illest13; 04-15-2011 at 12:37 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2011, 01:07 PM   #122
gtrmonkey
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
gtrmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I hope my rhd p/s kit comes soon. as of now the fluid leaks out of my system as fast as you put it in! Should have shipped 4/6. Thanks, Vern
Old 04-17-2011, 06:23 PM   #123
1wheelwonder

1wheelwonder is an unknown quantity at this point
Was wondering if you have looked into making a kit for an s13 chassis and a VH engine/power steering combo?
Old 04-20-2011, 01:36 PM   #124
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Chase Bays is an unknown quantity at this point
All orders shipped!

Yes we want to. We just need to know where the Power steering pump sits on the motor and the thread pitch of the feed inlet on the pump.

IMPROVING PERFORMANCE AND AESTHETICS WHILE SAVING WEIGHT AND SPACE

www.ChaseBays.com | [email protected] | (205)623-2188
Old 04-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #125
gtrmonkey
Leaky Injector

Just got mine.. Top notch Quality.
maybe

Last edited by gtrmonkey; 05-05-2011 at 10:50 PM.. Reason: i installed it
Old 04-23-2011, 08:33 AM   #126
roninwon
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
roninwon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to roninwon Send a message via Yahoo to roninwon
interested in your product but was wondering about rhd applications for the s13. do you have any info on this

*found my answer on page 3
Old 04-25-2011, 07:25 PM   #127
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Added an option for RHD, notice the new website!

Chase Bays Power Steering Kit - Nissan 240sx w/ KA|SR|RB - Nissan 240sx - ChaseBays.com

Old 05-04-2011, 06:45 PM   #128
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
bejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
did anybody get this to work on they're SR

i've been running into a bunch of problems from the start
1) the fitting on the rack would leak no matter what i had to remove the copper washer so it would stop leaking wasted a whole bottle of fluid trying to fix this
2) the reservoir woulndt sit higher than the pump no matter what, had to move it to where the stock one was so it would at least be higher
3) the fitting that holds the line from the tank to the pump wouldnt fit, modified it and it wouldn't let the hose go all the way in anyway...
4) now my system won't stop whinning and bubbling no matter how lond i "bleed" it... my rack has been making tons of noises and so is my pump when everything worked PERFECT before the install...

i REALLY feel this was a waste of money... it might have ruined my whole system, none of the parts i got fit... really not happy with this... chase has been trying to help me out, customer service has been good but im still not happy with the product, more now that i think i might have to repair the pump and rack...
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
...this is zilvia; prepare to get your feelings hurt.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:29 PM   #129
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

We've never had issue with our kits but last week we had 2 or 3. I think some bled the system incorrectly and caused some damage to your pump or rack. More than likely the pump. Although our power steering kit has a lot of thought/R&D/work into it, its a simple system.

3 lines (4 if you're using a cooler)
Reservoir

Its hard for our kit to cause catastrophic failure. The failure is going to come from air in the system, which comes from improper bleeding. The crush washer worked perfectly on our car and PLENTY others, and all I can personally say for that is perhaps theres some clearance differences on the racks causing yours and some others to leak. We will find a universal fix for this. If it leaks, remove them. Simple.

When fully replacing fluid transfer systems like brakes and power steering, a LOT of air is in the system. With the power steering its mostly metal on metal components and with no lubrication/fluid, failure can easily occur IF improper bleeding occurs.

Let me elaborate on how exactly to bleed your system.

First of all double, and triple check that everything is tight. Loose connections might not leak but could allow air into the system. Do not over tighten o-ring hoses as the o-ring might be crushed.

Step 1: switch ignition OFF

Step 2: raise front wheels off ground (or all 4)

Step 3: turn steering wheel full left

Step 4:fill fluid resevoir to full cold mark.

Step 5: turn steering lock to lock at least 20 times, up to 40 times. If you're using our cooler it may be in excess of 40 times. DO NOT turn the wheel fast, slow is better for the bleeding process and it could likely cause fluid overflow.

Step 6: while turning wheel, check fluid level, a 2nd person is almost required. If you see any signs of bubbles/foaming, recheck all connections for leaks then repeat the steps above.

Step 7: NOW we start the engine. If fluid foams while cranking, wait 10 minutes or more until dispersed air has time to accumulate and purge through the reservoir.

Step 8: Return wheels to center and lower car.

Step 9: run engine at 2000 rpm for two minutes.

Step 10: turn wheel in both directions and check for smoothness and quiet operation.

Also added this to install guide since its becoming an issue. I hope this helps everyone and prevents problems in the future.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:49 PM   #130
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

bejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura about
i've done this 20 times already... the pump spent some time starved from fluid when i tried installing the tank where you pictured it... the reservoir is STILL bubbling violently like it's boiling...

im going to try it one more time this weekend, i hope my rack and pump isn't fried because of this... i have never had any problems bleeding a PS system i've done it tons of times...
Old 05-04-2011, 08:17 PM   #131
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejota180sx View Post
i've done this 20 times already... the pump spent some time starved from fluid when i tried installing the tank where you pictured it... the reservoir is STILL bubbling violently like it's boiling...

im going to try it one more time this weekend, i hope my rack and pump isn't fried because of this... i have never had any problems bleeding a PS system i've done it tons of times...
Sounds good. Please keep us posted. If their is an issue we want to fix it and keep you happy.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:43 PM   #132
Percy

Trader Rating: (2)
Percy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I am also having the same problem as bejota180sx, but I have a KA. The pump squeals, it bubbles like crazy, and fluid sprays out of the little pinhole in the cap.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:10 PM   #133
driftage240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
driftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to driftage240
I'm having the same problem, I called and left u mesages since u guys never answer ur phone, I can't belive I dropped 350+ for this and now had to replace my rack and power steering pump...David Ruiz.....

Misty blu is coming 4 you!
Old 05-05-2011, 08:38 AM   #134
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

I appreciate the posts guys. Remember that we're on your side, and want to get your issue resolved. We don't mind accepting fault, if we can prove to ourselves its our fault.

I remember talking to you on the phone David. If your rack and pump went bad then there is a chance you bled the lines wrong. You told me on the phone that it worked perfectly until you installed the cooler. Unless I misunderstood you.

I added the line bleeding instructions to our install guide so everyone knows. I wasn't aware this would become a big deal :/

We've been trying to force this same issue to happen on our car with no luck.

There is 3 adapters included in the kit.

-6AN to 14mm o-ring for the high pressure line from the rack
-6AN to 16mm o-ring for the return from the rack
-6AN to 16mm straight cut w/ built in crush washer for the pump outlet high pressure side

Is everyone installing those correctly or have some of you mixed up the two 16mm fittings? Trying to figure out, if everything is being bled properly, why this is happening. We've sold 96 of these kits, I am aware of over 50 with zero issues. Any local ones we've done have been fine. Either you guys got air in the system during the bleeding process, something is being installed incorrectly (causing air), or somehow its the products fault. I just can't get this to happen on our car, damnit. Hoping we can get it to have the same issue as you guys today.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:20 AM   #135
driftage240
Post Whore!

driftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfection
Yup I installed the cooler and everything went down south, I can't see me having a air leak since I tefloned all the ends on the set up... I dunno what else to do, I did bleed it properly because it worked like a charm prior to installing the cooler..

Old 05-05-2011, 11:37 AM   #136
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftage240 View Post
Yup I installed the cooler and everything went down south, I can't see me having a air leak since I tefloned all the ends on the set up... I dunno what else to do, I did bleed it properly because it worked like a charm prior to installing the cooler..
If you teflon taped the ends of your AN fittings (or ANY flare or o-ring seal) thats an issue. :\ Thats bad. SOMETIMES luck will be on your side and it will work...but more than likely it will leak. AN fittings flare with a 37 degree flare, if that teflon tape keeps the cone from seating on the opposite end fitting, you have an air passage. There is cases where air will pass through but fluid wont (PS fluid is thick) The same goes for O-ring fittings, like the ones that thread into the rack.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:41 AM   #137
driftage240
Post Whore!

Well the cooler was leaking from the fittings, now its not and still same issue..

Old 05-05-2011, 01:02 PM   #138
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
I'll wait on buying this kit...
Old 05-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #139
driftage240
Post Whore!

So I don't know man, help me out, I want to buy a shit ton of your products but don't want to keep running into issues....

Old 05-05-2011, 07:41 PM   #140
SLiDe_WaYz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
SLiDe_WaYz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I think I'll hold off I've been eye balling this kit for 2 months now:
Old 05-05-2011, 08:43 PM   #141
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftage240 View Post
So I don't know man, help me out, I want to buy a shit ton of your products but don't want to keep running into issues....

Emailed you sir

Old 05-05-2011, 10:43 PM   #142
gtrmonkey
Leaky Injector

I have been having the same issue with my RHD SR. Fluid Aerated, shooting out reservoir pinhole etc. I used all of the copper washers. I verified that the lines are hooked up correctly and have been through the bleed procedure several times. I took the teflon tape off of my an fittings and still encounter the eruption of fluid out of the reservoir. I would think if there was an air leak fluid would be escaping as well due to the high pressures of the power steering system. I might try and eliminate the copper washers on the rack fittings and see if this alleviates my issue. My reservoir is in the stock location. I did replace the rack at the same time as the line kit so I am going to bleed several more times before I go ahead and get rid of the copper washers on the rack fitting adapters.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:55 AM   #143
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

We finally got our car to have the issue like some of yours and we found a fix last night for fluid shooting out the top. ALL future orders will have this issue fixed.

However this issue, would not cause damage to your rack or pump. It would just shoot fluid out the top. Those issues are related to improper bleeding.

ANY OF THE CUSTOMERS HAVING THIS ISSUE, EMAIL [email protected] FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO REPAIR THIS.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:26 PM   #144
driftage240
Post Whore!

email is [email protected]

Old 05-06-2011, 06:34 PM   #145
gtrmonkey
Leaky Injector

lol a quarter. I'll try it after checking everything for a third time and going through the bleed procedure for the third time.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:00 PM   #146
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

haha yeah, who knew

Old 05-09-2011, 01:49 PM   #147
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

updated my post.... i THINK i got mine solved...
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/382945...ys-ps-kit.html

EDIT: i emailed chase just in case
Old 05-12-2011, 03:51 PM   #148
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Seems like these issues got fixed. Again, all the current and future orders will have this fixed. Thanks for the help in working out this issue guys!

Closed Thread