Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-25-2006, 05:31 PM   #1
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Any MMA fans here?

I just wanted to see who here watches or participates in any form of MMA(Mixed Martial Arts), such as UFC or Pride.

I got into watching UFC about a year ago and Tito Ortiz and Chuck Lidell became my favorites. I've seen a few Pride fights but for some reason I still like UFC.

I can't wait for Ortiz/Shamrock 3 on October 10. It's a free event on SpikeTV. I don't know why Shamrock is still fighting, he's at the end of his career.

I also want to see Kendall Grove fight again. Go Team Punishment!
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2006, 05:37 PM   #2
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
are you serious? im sorry, but UFC really sucks...fun to watch when free and prides not on...

im going to pride's first event in the us...its on oct 21 in vegas...GO!!! and youll see that UFC pales in comparison when it comes to overall competition among other things...

shamrock needs to give it a rest...he needs to call it quits and concentrate on training frank now that he has signed a hefty contract...
Old 09-25-2006, 05:39 PM   #3
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
I never said I didn't like Pride. I guess it's just that I'm so used to seeing fighters I'm familiar with, instead of new ones you know?

I heard about Pride's debut here in the US. I'll be sure to watch that.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:49 PM   #4
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

TRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to TRUENOCOUPE
Pride > Backyard Wrestling > Fighting your mom in my bed > UFC
TRUENOCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 05:51 PM   #5
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
better go live...first event in the US? you gotta watch live...

fight cards look very promising and they are only about 3/4s of the way done...on top of that, the undefeated heavyweight is making his debut after injury...

and talk of crocop and fujita making appearances to fight...wanderlei said that hes gonna be attending and that all his fans are welcome to take pictures, get autographs, etc from him... what a good guy...
Old 09-25-2006, 05:55 PM   #6
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I dislike the cage because it favours strong fighters who like to use power over technique. The fence acts like a third person holding you back.

I also don't like not being able to knee or kick a downed opponent's head. I also don't like not being to strike to the back of head and neck.

The reason is because these rules favour wrestlers whose natural tendency is to go into the turtle, as opposed to grapplers who naturally go into the guard. On the street, if you go into the turtle you will get kicked in the head.

So I prefer Pride rules a little more because it's more realistic and favours skilled fighters more, but it's all just entertainment. You don't really know what's going on until you've stepped into the ring/cage.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:07 PM   #7
drftmark
Zilvia Junkie

drftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura about
chuck liddell owns. I haven't seen to much Pride, but when I have seen it, it seemed good. I'm not familiar with the rules or anything of Pride though.
drftmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:09 PM   #8
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

yeah, its too bad that this event will not allow kicks to a downed fighter or elbows...
Old 09-25-2006, 06:14 PM   #9
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

^
Is that because it's on U.S. soil?
Old 09-25-2006, 06:15 PM   #10
g6civcx
Post Whore!

g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Can you not kick anywhere, or only to the head? If you can't kick anywhere then it's retarded.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:25 PM   #11
g6civcx
Post Whore!

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=LearnUFC.Rules
Old 09-25-2006, 06:28 PM   #12
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

just to adhere to the athletic commission rules...it sounds like theyre gonna make kicking anywhere illegal...but sakakibara claims that they are trying to negotiate...plus, its gonna be three five minute rounds instead of prides usual 10 and 5 minute rounds...
Old 09-26-2006, 02:03 AM   #13
Helghast
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Helghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Helghast
UFC sucks.
Just like the recent BJPenn and Matt Hughes fight.

Penn was sooo much better.

I can't wait for the Pride to come here..finally a real MMA fight in US soils.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:32 AM   #14
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
kinda disappointing! the word on penn at the 2nd rnd he separated his ribs while trying to go on hughes back. rib separation is painfull, its especially hard when breathing heavyly. sucks for penn, the fight would have gone to 5 rnds.

*also to add: this is his first time losing on a tko. (which was groundnpound. which he could have easily defend )
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:32 AM   #15
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Penn also looked exhausted, but that may be due to his rib separation.

I watched a clip of Pride on Youtube right now... I'll be watching.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:38 AM   #16
g6civcx
Post Whore!

To Matt's credit though, it's hard as hell being underneath a good wrestler. They just suck the life out of you.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:47 AM   #17
s14_kouki_drifter
Leaky Injector

s14_kouki_drifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to s14_kouki_drifter
theres a diff in the fighting then and now like i remmber back in the day where there was no classes you just got in the ring and its like give it your best shot . People just either wooped that ass or was well beaten the fuck up . But i do like how they have it in classes to make it fair but it sux when they put to wrestlers in and what not .
s14_kouki_drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:04 AM   #18
EndLeSS8
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
EndLeSS8 will become famous soon enoughEndLeSS8 will become famous soon enoughEndLeSS8 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Fedor Emelianenko
Old 09-26-2006, 10:19 AM   #19
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I like PRIDE and UFC personally. I'm not a fan of the whole rivaly thing. I like having 2 GOOD options out there.

Shamrock should quit bitching...He's gonna get his faced smashed in AGAIN by Ortiz.

I'm dissapointed that Silvia lost to Cro Crop. I was really hoping to see him fight Liddell. I hope is still happens.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:01 PM   #20
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed
I'm dissapointed that Silvia lost to Cro Crop. I was really hoping to see him fight Liddell. I hope is still happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakakibara
"Regarding Wanderlei Silva's participation in the November UFC, Sakakibara reemphasized PRIDE's willingness to fight, "We are ready. We will be happy to do it if the UFC is willing. We've told them that if Silva is unacceptable because he lost in the Grand Prix, then Mirko would be fine, too. Mirko has said that he will fight. Dana White apparently said that PRIDE is running away (from the UFC) but we aren't running anywhere. We are ready to fight. PRIDE is always ready to fight."
dana needs to man up and put his main man on the line...making excuses like silva lost the fight so its not as highly anticipated as when he was a top contender...he was beat in a open weight class exibition by a world class heavyweight kickboxer...
Old 09-26-2006, 03:26 PM   #21
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw20>>s14
dana needs to man up and put his main man on the line...making excuses like silva lost the fight so its not as highly anticipated as when he was a top contender...he was beat in a open weight class exibition by a world class heavyweight kickboxer...
I agree, it should happen.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:48 PM   #22
zenki-217
Zilvia Junkie

zenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw20>>s14
LOL I thin the best that could happen for the ufc is to lose DANA .. Hes a punk thats holding down the state side action.

As for Penn he is the shit.. I know he usually only trains for fights like 3 times a week.. So I figured he was kind of wolfing when he said he up it for this fight and then "gassed out " in the 3rd ...
Where did u see that he had some rib problems? It makes sense to not for a cop out because he wouldnt even move in the 3rd .. He couldnt have been that drained..

As for the uy that says Liddel is the shit... You havent watch much mma outside of ufc huh... You really need to start watching other stuff then UFC if u like him... google. CRO COP , wandy silvia
zenki-217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:57 PM   #23
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

well, doesnt look like liddell and silva are gonna happen...ortiz signed a contract to fight liddell at UFC 64 and silva isnt eligible to fight in nevada due to a suspension...

zenki-217, bj stated that on his web page...he explains it just as it happened and i truly believe him...

it was way too obvious who the better fighter was...matt started having his way and fighting his own predictable style ONLY after bj was out...he never had his way before bj was injured which shows you it was pretty much like sparring for hughes...almost anyone could have beat bj at that point...not a real victory if you ask me...matt usually fights very confidently and had his hands full with bj...even fighting cautiously, matt got tagged with a few shots (one of them being a borderline knockdown)...i didnt like matt too much before the fight as is, but after hearing about his comments about bj afterwards, he has lost my respect...no sportsmanship whatsoever...one thing i do commend is surviving thirty something seconds in a triangle AND an armbar...but the fact still stands; i dont like him and i look forward to GSP putting him in his rightful place at 64 or 65...
Old 09-26-2006, 06:57 PM   #24
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
BJ didnt have that arm bar locked tight and the triangle was reversed so there was a big gap. Matt definitely wasn't gonna tap to the triangle. But yeah, I didn't like Matt talkin trash about BJ after the fight after BJ clearly owned his ass the first two rounds. I admit it though, I never really liked Hughes that much, I hope he gets KTFO by GSP. It was funny though watching GSP try to talk some trash to Matt after the fight, someone (maybe Dana) obviously told him to do it.

As far as Wandy/Liddell I think I said it in the last thread about it, Liddell is a bad matchup for Wandy because Wandy is too wild and Chuck is a good counter striker. The same way cro cop pegged Wandy with some very nice counters in the GP.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 01:43 PM   #25
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
nope, not for me, not even maybe a little bit

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 01:47 PM   #26
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
now this folowing picture is in regards to you banning nemo actions and picture

enjoy heheheeheheh

BTW my flame suit is on!!!! eheh

mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 01:47 PM   #27
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
lol i read the last one and was like Uhh ohh lol.

funny stuff, congrats on teh 6666...always a good number right?
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 01:50 PM   #28
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
That's a lot of post whoring there :P
Ritz S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 02:38 PM   #29
Neejay
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
hahaha...nice MSPAINT pics.

lol @ "Banning Nemo" :P
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:36 AM   #30
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
lol at hella.. I'm gonna insert it everytime I say the word.
Starting.. NOW.