Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-30-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
nissan4life96

Trader Rating: (0)
nissan4life96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
series 2 rb25 swap no spark no start!! please help

i have an s14 that ive recently swapped a s2 rb25det into..ive been having issues with getting it started for about a month now and im finally almost there.When spinning the cas the injectors fire but i get no spark . i know for the coil packs the voltage should read 12v-0v-0v then when the cas is spun it should read 12v-0v-5v. when testing mine while spinning the cas they are 12v-0v-.01v almost everytime except one test it actually hit 12v-0v-5v but hasnt since ...can someone please help me figure out my issue i need this car to start already!!
nissan4life96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2013, 06:28 PM   #2
JeffSteph108
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
JeffSteph108 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I recently just got a series 2 rb25 also and I think I'm having the same problem. I got the car from a friend and he tried starting it with no gas in it and told me the fuel pump wasn't priming in the "on" key position anymore. I went to check it out and he had a blown ECCS relay. He could turn the fuel pump on from direct power tho. So I fixed the relay and now I get fuel pump prime and I think spark also but it still wouldn't start, so today I'm going to take all spark plugs out and test to see spark. If I don't have spark I think it might be my shot fuel pump, maybe you have a shot fuel pump, idk just my thoughts! So if anyone could help us out please!! I also just want my car to start!
JeffSteph108 is offline   Reply With Quote