Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-10-2016, 07:36 AM   #1
ktmash

Trader Rating: (0)
ktmash is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 240sx interior Restore

Im looking to restore my interior and curious to know where can i find the clips/rivets that hold the door panels, carpet, rear plastic panels etc on the car is there a car with similar clips/rivets? or does any one know where i can get them?
also a spec sheet of what bolts / screws the interior needs?

I drive a 95 240sx SE
ktmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2016, 08:11 AM   #2
zenki-s13
Leaky Injector

zenki-s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Should be able to order them through any oem nissan parts site. Also your nearest dealer should be able to get you everything you need as far as fastners go.
zenki-s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:27 AM   #3
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenki-s13 View Post
Should be able to order them through any oem nissan parts site. Also your nearest dealer should be able to get you everything you need as far as fastners go.
Just bring the Vaseline, because they don't provide that.
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:28 AM   #4
coredump

coredump is an unknown quantity at this point
If you're looking for plastic interior clips and bolts I would recommend going to a junkyard and looking at late 90's Nissans. Little parts like that shouldn't be unique to a 240 and you can load up for cheap at a junkyard.
coredump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 11:07 AM   #5
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
juunk yards are holy grails! My dad picked up some many little tid bits for the car
DJTTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 03:11 PM   #6
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
ebay has a bunch of misc clips that are nearly identical to the 240sx clips. Cheap and quick.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 03:29 PM   #7
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by coredump View Post
If you're looking for plastic interior clips and bolts I would recommend going to a junkyard and looking at late 90's Nissans. Little parts like that shouldn't be unique to a 240 and you can load up for cheap at a junkyard.

I advise against this. Any plastic clip once pulled is never as tight as the first time it was put on. Just buy them new, don't chase rattles. I learned this when I replaced all the speakers in my Forester. Do it right once.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:27 PM   #8
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
MOST of the plastic clips used in the 240sx were used on a variety of older Nissans and Infinitis as well. Almost all of the clips in my 240 ive replaced ive pulled from Inifinitis in the junk yards here in Vegas simply due to the fact MOST Infiniti owners take better care of their cars and the cars tend to be MUCH less picked over than standard Nissans are. also, i havent really noticed any issues with how tight the clips are on all the ones ive pulled from Infinitis, they were a HELL of a lot snugger than the OE 240sx clips (but its probably because the plastic had a lot more life left in it and wasnt stupid brittle)

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:50 PM   #9
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
I advise against this. Any plastic clip once pulled is never as tight as the first time it was put on. Just buy them new, don't chase rattles. I learned this when I replaced all the speakers in my Forester. Do it right once.
I'm going to echo this statement. Get the part numbers for the clips that are needed for the interior and then buy the 15 or 25 packs off ebay or amazon.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 09:50 PM   #10
Kis4Kouki
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Kis4Kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
240sx interior Restore

Yeah dorkidori is right. But if you do want new parts go to local Nissan dealership and ask or you can go on courtesynissanparts.com. And it won't be that expensive. Just ask what there bottom dollar is or show the the part and price on courtesynissan. They will match it. That way you don't pay shipping and most of the time the dealer can get the part in a day. I got my kouki headlights form a dealership cost 450 for both there the next day. Dealership get a bad wrap for some reason when it comes to parts. Also they can find the exact bolts you are looking for. Just ask and they will help.
Kis4Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 02:40 AM   #11
Tyler_240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Tyler_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Ace Hardware and Lowes have plastic clips that are similar in the hardware/nuts/bolts sections
Tyler_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 03:30 AM   #12
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
What I really want to figure out is how to make my stock S14 seats look like the orange S15 seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_240 View Post
Ace Hardware and Lowes have plastic clips that are similar in the hardware/nuts/bolts sections
This reminds me. My first engine I took apart, my friend jokingly says, "wow they used home depot bolts on the rods" and I freaked out because they totally looked like home depot nuts and bolts.