Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: Should we have a separate section for Forced Induction/Turbo Charging?
Yes 19 67.86%
No 9 32.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 08:46 PM   #1
96SEChick
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
96SEChick is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Turbo-charging/Forced Induction section?

I was wanting to suggest a Forced Induction, or Turbo-charging section, but the Forum Suggestions section is locked for admin posts only. So, I'll put it here and mods can move it/lock it where they see fit.

Please vote in the poll: Would you like to have a separate section devoted solely to the topic of FI/TC?

DMC had this idea, and I really like it. We have sooo many people doing turbo-jobs and wanting to learn how to do them, I think it would be much easier to have all the posts relating to this topic in one section.

DOH!! I'm a nimrod--this should be in the POLLS section
'00 WS6 Trans Am Bright Red 6-speedFOR SALE - only 29k miles, stock, fully loaded, only $23,999 (NADA $26300)

Green Country Motorsports
Northeastern Oklahoma SCCA

Last edited by 96SEChick; 03-18-2003 at 09:16 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2003, 09:21 PM   #2
Eternal_240Sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Eternal_240Sx is making a name for him/her selfEternal_240Sx is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
yea i agree. i have so many questions. Having a turbo-charging section would help a lot.
Old 03-18-2003, 09:24 PM   #3
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
no
Old 03-18-2003, 09:45 PM   #4
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
Well actually it would be a good idea to have a seperate section on forced induction cuz chat topics seem to be getting pushed faster and faster, having a new section would slow that down some, plus it would keep unanswered threads in tech up for a little longer.
Old 03-18-2003, 10:02 PM   #5
HaLo
from Canada, eh!

HaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfection
Send a message via ICQ to HaLo Send a message via AIM to HaLo Send a message via MSN to HaLo
True about topic pushing... But adding a forced induction section will only create redundant questions that older members will get annoyed of.
SOLD: 01 GPW Honda S2000
PARTED: 93 Pearl White 240SX LE Fastback w/SR20DET
SOLD: 93 Super White 240SX SE Convertible w/Silvia Front
Old 03-19-2003, 12:04 AM   #6
syco3d
Zilvia Junkie

syco3d is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to syco3d Send a message via Yahoo to syco3d
Quote:
Originally posted by HaLo
True about topic pushing... But adding a forced induction section will only create redundant questions that older members will get annoyed of.
Aren't we getting/posting those redundant questions now anyways???

...I personally am in favor of the idea, but I don't exactly pull any weight around here.
What does that spell?
CRAP!
Old 03-19-2003, 02:55 AM   #7
DuffMan
Post Whore!

DuffMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to DuffMan
It's not a bad idea, but it would take away from the already sleepy tech section. I would wecome more discusion about turbos, installing and sizing in the tech section, because it's something I'm becoming more and more interested in. But I don't know if a new section is really neccessary.
Old 03-20-2003, 08:50 AM   #8
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
another forum? why? the tech moves slow as it is. search mode works great. you would sitll have to search the old forums to get the info because the turbo one is new and empty

more forums arent necessary. zilvia is set up great. basic and clean.

also if people post a turbo q in the other forums it gotta get moved-more work for mods. and then they have more forums to keep an eye on.

i vote "no"

might as well make a silvia front end forum as well. since that question is asked on a weekly/bi-monthly basis.
Old 04-12-2003, 07:06 PM   #9
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

Maeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura about
yah... i vote on the NO side as well...

attempting a turbo build has taught me that... most REAL turbo questions are general mechanics type questions, having to deal with air/fuel, spark, fuel, oil, etc.... so i think dedicated a section to just turbo will create a lot of useless fodder... hee hee... i know im guilty of this too o.O
Old 02-27-2006, 06:36 PM   #10
Cashizslick
Zilvia Junkie

Cashizslick can only hope to improve
Having a specific "turbo" section on a 240sx board is like having a "bolt on tech" section on a honda board. . . . .
Old 02-27-2006, 06:44 PM   #11
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
^
And having idiots like you reviving a 3 year old thread is just as stupid.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:50 PM   #12
Cashizslick
Zilvia Junkie

Cashizslick can only hope to improve
^ Wait did you just post in this old thread?

Guess your an idiot as well. Way to play the blame game jackass.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:56 PM   #13
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV

You sir, are teh lose.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:59 PM   #14
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
S T F U !
Closed Thread