Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-17-2020, 07:20 PM   #1
TheDevilPig

Trader Rating: (0)
TheDevilPig is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KA KA-T build--eagle vs scat

So I have been searching on my journey to 400hp on my dual cam to see if the bottom end power kit from enjuku is worth it to run with the Scat connecting rods or if i should create my own using eagle rods. anybody run scat rods close to 400hp?
Old 05-17-2020, 08:04 PM   #2
NukeKS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
NukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Personally, I think it's a better deal to go w/ Real St. I got a rod/piston package from them and have been very happy. It comes out to be $900 before tax/S&H for Manley/Wiseco FYI. here

My build thread

I'm running Manley H-beam rods and Wiseco pistons (.020" overbore) making 412hp off of 93 pump gas alone. If I would have been content with 400 whp I may have just had my stock rods peened. My machinist has done a few KA-T blocks and has seen 400 Whp fairly reliably out of the stock rods but that's the upper ceiling. I will be converting to E85 and chasing 500+ down the road but I'm very happy with it for now. The Manley rods are pretty light for an H-beam too. Weight plays a big part here in your rotating assembly as far as how the engine is going to 'feel'.

Can't speak for the scat rods but I know of a lot of people who are happy with their Eagle rods.

As for my main/rod bearings, I called Calico and had them coat a set of ACL rod bearings and Clevite-77 main bearings. I wanted to run full ACL but their rep at ACL was telling them the main bearings for the KA were "back-ordered indefinitely" I'm happy with the end result either way.
NukeKS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 08:12 PM   #3
TheDevilPig

Trader Rating: (0)
TheDevilPig is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
thank you bro. i will look into that