Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 06-24-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Does the president's religion matter to you? Why or why not?

I would like to see an agnostic president, personally, but I know I never will because religion, specifically Christianity, and certainly not any other, is valued so highly by the majority of this country. I'd like to see a president who never cites religion as reasoning for any decision they make. This country is not 100% Christian, and those who aren't should be respected equally, and have their rights respected equally.

So, why do you care that Obama is Muslim? he's not, but why does the suggestion bother you?
Old 06-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #2
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I am a christian who happens to care not what religion ANYONE I come across happens to or not to fancy.
My pastor recently (well, 6 weeks ago) preached 3 sermons (two revival nights and one Sunday service) about how the book speaks to the fact that we should be loving one another and leaving the judgment to those whose job that happens to be.

In my mind, the words "American" and "Muslim/Jew/Atheist/Agnostic" are NOT mutually exclusive. Therefore, I would not be bothered at all with whatever any candidate happens to believe when they're not doing the job of being the figurehead pretending to be running the country.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
The book of revelation has some good tidbits of information about the antichrist and the false prophet.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:01 PM   #4
upsdude
Post Whore!

upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont care if he prays to allah or god personally. i just wish he'd do his job and try to find a way to help the economy

Sent from my Kindle Fire
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #5
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsdude View Post
i dont care if he prays to allah or god personally. i just wish he'd do his job and try to find a way to help the economy.
I agree with the first part. I also completely agree with the second part. Though I think he'd do it better if he was agnostic or atheist (he could focus and make decisions based solely on the facts) but that others in politics would make it harder if he was.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:48 AM   #6
Chronicle
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Chronicle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
So, why do you care that Obama is Muslim? he's not, but why does the suggestion bother you?
By the way, Obama is actually a Christian. Just saying.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:01 AM   #7
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
He must pander to whoever the majority is. I am sure there were presidents not as devout as they had to appear.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #8
upsdude
Post Whore!

upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
politics isnt about helping the people anymore anyways....its all about getting reelected. its not pandering its whitecollar prostitution lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:22 PM   #9
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
I would prefer that the man with his finger on the button didn't believe in tales from the iron age.

I suppose that means I'm always going to be throwing away my vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
He must pander to whoever the majority is. I am sure there were presidents not as devout as they had to appear.
Ah, to be a fly on the wall.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:54 PM   #10
Origin
Zilvia Member

Origin is an unknown quantity at this point
I didn't know you^ were the deciding force on the subject. Saying it is a tale. I didn't know you knew everything, you sound like a god to me.

I care if he's a fanatic and prays to allah, everyone knows how radical Islamists are.

He may not be Muslim, but he isn't a Christian. Only someone so narcissistic can be an Atheist.

I'd rather have someone in the White House that believes in more than themselves. I think we all would. The religion of Christianity is set-up so that the statement, "Follow in the path of the Lord, and you shall be lead to no evil" holds true in all situations.
Origin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:19 PM   #11
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin View Post
I didn't know you^ were the deciding force on the subject. Saying it is a tale. I didn't know you knew everything, you sound like a god to me.
Throw some evidence on my plate and I will refer to it as anything you want. It stands that it is a tale that can only be confirmed when you die, that's why it's called faith, not fact.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #12
Origin
Zilvia Member

That does not make it just "a tale". That's just your belief. Also, I didn't know the Bible (or Qur'an, or Tanakh), weren't eyewitness accounts.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #13
AsleepAltima
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
AsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
i dont believe in god but i do think that following a religion has its place in teaching morals and being ethical to some degree. that said, i dont care what his religion is, as long as he doesnt let it affect his judgement and screw with our country and my paycheck.
AsleepAltima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #14
Origin
Zilvia Member

Well, this isn't a thread about religion in general. It's about what Obama's religion and if people care.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #15
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Quote:
That does not make it just "a tale". That's just your belief. Also, I didn't know the Bible (or Qur'an, or Tanakh), weren't eyewitness accounts.
How do you know that the inscriptions on Runes of Thor fighting Frost Giants and The Midgard Serpent weren't eyewitness accounts?
Old 06-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #16
roboticnissan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
roboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Origin, youre making your self look dumb like all christians do. All of your pro christianity arguements can easily be turned around as anti christianity. We get it, you believe, good for you. And sad for you, cuz you have to follow a book just to be happy, or to simply live a decent life.

Fact of the matter is: theres a lot of different religions, none more factually proven to be true. Therefore for the sake of a civilization religion should play no factor in the decisions of our country.
who cares what religion obama is, as long as he can make decisions based on real life problems not on what a god would supposedly liked ti have done.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #17
AsleepAltima
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
AsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboticnissan View Post
Therefore for the sake of a civilization religion should play no factor in the decisions of our country.
who cares what religion obama is, as long as he can make decisions based on real life problems not on what a god would supposedly liked ti have done.
this. pretty much all that needs to be said.
AsleepAltima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #18
Origin
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
How do you know that the inscriptions on Runes of Thor fighting Frost Giants and The Midgard Serpent weren't eyewitness accounts?
I don't know, does it claim to?

Quote:
Origin, youre making your self look dumb like all christians do. All of your pro christianity arguements can easily be turned around as anti christianity. We get it, you believe, good for you. And sad for you, cuz you have to follow a book just to be happy, or to simply live a decent life.

Fact of the matter is: theres a lot of different religions, none more factually proven to be true. Therefore for the sake of a civilization religion should play no factor in the decisions of our country.
So turn them around. Tell me you know better than what actually happened 2000 years ago. Tell me you know better.

I marvel at your omniscience. I had no idea you know that I need a book to be happy. I didn't know it was the idea of selflessness, understanding. I had no idea it was not taking that extra step of spite and letting trivial matters go into the past. I think you need it, mainly to gain some wisdom. I also didn't know all Christians were dumb. For-Christianity views can not be turned into Anti-Christianity, only the words spoken (or typed) can be wrong, or misspoken (or mistyped). Please tell me where I'm anti-myownreligion. If I gave you proof, you would not accept it as such. If I gave you evidence of existence, you would not accept it as such. If I defend myself, you would not accept my defense as logical and justifiable; or reasonable. Why is it so hard to believe that if one would to follow God, that he will lead into no evil? Have you met a devout priest? A nun? A regular person? Someone who really follows it? If you asked them the last time they got themselves into some sort of selfish trouble, so violent or prideful trouble, it will be measured in years. Most points a religious man will make have merit. But they are ridiculed and cursed at into submission. Anyone one of them who stands up for themselves, the opponents use societal momentum and arrogant, childish, and thoughtless insults to win the argument, because otherwise their pride is hurt, and have to find some way to relieve that pain. "I don't believe in superstitious beings", is not proof of non-existence, nor is it a logical point to prove that. Likewise, absence of proof is not proof of absence. You believe in faith everyday. You don't know your beloved Nissan will still be there when you get up, you believe it will be, otherwise you wouldn't be so surprised if it was stolen. You believe this website will still be here, but you have to come here to find out. If I have to die to find out if it is real or not, why do I have to? I believe there is eternal life (the smart choice rather than nothingness (atheism)), just as I believe my car is outside tomorrow morning. Why is it so hard to believe? I know why, but you won't like it.

Still looking dumb?
Old 06-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #19
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Quote:
So turn them around. Tell me you know better than what actually happened 2000 years ago. Tell me you know better.
Burden of proof is on the one making the claim. If I were to claim a omniscient being made of spaghetti created the universe, it would be on me to provide evidence to that fact, not on you to prove me wrong.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #20
roboticnissan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
roboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Yes dude you still look dumb.

Esmorz is picking apart every jesus envoked claim you make. He just doesnt sound smart only cuz he is using something childish like thor.

You like to stand there and be so bothered by someone else religion cuz you beleive so deeply that yours is true. But you have just as much proof as the next ridiculous religion.
And thats absolutely nothing. You choose to believe and thats fine, but cmon.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #21
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Quote:
I'd rather have someone in the White House that believes in more than themselves. I think we all would.
I agree with that. But for my government, I'd prefer they believe in the PEOPLE.

For the guidance, I prefer they use something a little more modern than the Bible. Use the constitution as a guide for how to govern. The people can decide how to live their own lives by what ever holy books they choose.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:17 PM   #22
Origin
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Yes dude you still look dumb.

Esmorz is picking apart every jesus envoked claim you make. He just doesnt sound smart only cuz he is using something childish like thor.

You like to stand there and be so bothered by someone else religion cuz you beleive so deeply that yours is true. But you have just as much proof as the next ridiculous religion.
And thats absolutely nothing. You choose to believe and thats fine, but cmon.
I suppose talking to you intelligently is equal to talking with an owl.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #23
Origin
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlong View Post
Burden of proof is on the one making the claim. If I were to claim a omniscient being made of spaghetti created the universe, it would be on me to provide evidence to that fact, not on you to prove me wrong.
It's called the Bible, isn't it? Refer to my long post. I said the same phrase three times. This is busted's thread. I shouldn't have jacked it. To that I apologize.

I'd rather have a sane man not hungry with power in the white house. That does not me he has to not be religious.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #24
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

Your posts make my brain hurt, but I did scan it and you never accepted that you need to prove to us athiests that your god exists. Until then, the bible is ranked right next to Harry Potter.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #25
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Your posts make my brain hurt, but I did scan it and you never accepted that you need to prove to us athiests that your god exists. Until then, the bible is ranked right next to Harry Potter.
You believe in science right? Science is only what can be proven, everything else, including a religion, is only something yet to be proven. One day maybe christianity can be proven. Like once witches were believed by the majority to be real, alive and active, we now know differently. But how can you ask some regular joe to show proof of their god? If you know about God then you know he can't prove that. Proof of something this big shouldn't be set on someone to prove. We know you don't expect any proof. Asking for proof is only something non believers use as a tool to win an arguement because they know it can't be given.

Back on topic, I think the president's religion should matter, because one is influenced by their religion. If he was a demon worshiper or something crazy like that, how do you think he'd run the country?
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:11 AM   #26
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Still looking dumb?
Yea, pretty dumb. I can barely read what you wrote. The bible has been translated innumerable times through multiple languages from many different texts that were combined hundreds of years after they were written. Many texts from the era were purposefully left out of what we today consider to be the bible for a variety of reasons. If the bible is the word of god, don't you think it would have been written at one time, not over the course of hundreds of years? If the old testament was the word of god, why would there be a need to create the new testament? If god is omnipotent then shouldn't he have gotten it right the first time? It makes no more sense than Mormonism or Scientology, but Christians have no hesitation in denying those supposedly sacred texts.

Bible version debate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Apocrypha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The Book of Mormon also claims to have first person accounts, but Christians deny the truth of that book, and that book is thousands of years more recent and hasn't been translated a bunch of times. Why not believe that is word of god? It claims to be just as the bible does.

All i ask is for religious people to hold all sacred texts to the same standard.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #27
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

If he was a good politician who follows the constitution, he'd run it the same way as a christian, his religious beliefs wouldn't affect his decision making process.

I do expect proof. If something actually happened, there should be evidence to that fact rather than boatloads of evidence to the contrary. I'm not looking for Origin to prove it personally but "something this big" should be easy to prove for the large population involved.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #28
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
youre making your self look dumb like all christians do. All of your pro christianity arguements can easily be turned around as anti christianity. We get it, you believe, good for you. And sad for you, cuz you have to follow a book just to be happy, or to simply live a decent life.
You should learn how to respect other people and their own thoughts, that is a very uncool thing to say. So what if someone believes in a god? Just because YOU don't believe in a god does not give you the right to tell people who do are wrong.

I can equally say "you're making yourself look dumb." It's people like you who make me really hope that there really is a god in life.

Quote:
Sometimes there's tons of evidence and people still don't believe. I've had family members tell me they've seen ghosts and seen flying saucers. I believe them, majority of the world will not. There are countless other people who also make the same claims and yet people still don't believe the evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
You believe in science right? Science is only what can be proven, everything else, including a religion, is only something yet to be proven. One day maybe christianity can be proven. Like once witches were believed by the majority to be real, alive and active, we now know differently.
Do we really? There's a lot about ourselves, especially our minds, that we do not understand. We have only decoded such a small % of the human genome so how can you say for certain that we know and have 100% proven that witches never existed? I have certainly had dreams where I saw myself doing something in the future and later come true. They even have a word for it, Deja Vu.

Quote:
Back on topic, I think the president's religion should matter, because one is influenced by their religion. If he was a demon worshiper or something crazy like that, how do you think he'd run the country?
Yup, AMEN. And besides, it's VERY VERY important because religion represents a person. It represents WHO they are so how can it not be important? That's like saying it's not important if a President is racist or perhaps interested in the same sex? It will influence what policies they make and how they interact with other people/cultures. Religion is very important as well as every other part of them that makes them who they are as an individual.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #29
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Quote:
If he was a demon worshiper or something crazy like that, how do you think he'd run the country?
He'd probably open a portal to hell and appoint satan to the supreme court. Then the senate would block.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #30
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Quail
I've never understood why such a big deal was made out of Obama's religion. I guess religion plays a much larger part of every day life in a much larger proportion of people in the States. But even if he's not Christian, so what. There are many succesful world leaders that don't practice Christianity.