Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 10-21-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
slothonaleash
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
slothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Gay rights

I figured I'd represent the strong minority of homosexuals here on the board and start this off.

What are all y'all's thoughts on civil unions, gay marriage, hate crimes, Obama's promises for gay rights, anti-gay slurs etc. based around the LGBT population.

Anything goes as long as you don't end up being insulting.
slothonaleash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2009, 06:38 PM   #2
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I say just let ppl do whatever they want.
Most of gay marriages are going to be legal someday anyhow.
Its just a matter of when.

Idk about slurs.
Personally i think words are just words.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:44 PM   #3
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Gotta admit: I'm pretty homophobic being due to my upbringing and all
I've had friends that are gay/lesbian and been around them at work and school
I also joke around and call things and friends 'gay' regularly
now having said that I'm all for equal rights for everyone
go ahead and marry, everyone should have the right to be miserable

oh and btw, this thread is :ghey::ghey::ghey::ghey::ghey::ghey::ghey:

jp
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:46 PM   #4
an_orange_s2k
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
an_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
marriage will happen sooner or later. as for gay slurs, you cant touch that because that violates freedom of speech. besides people are judged and insulted all the time for no apparent reason. there will always be people who dont agree/accept it
an_orange_s2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:47 PM   #5
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I work with a lot of gay guys and have no problem with gays. In fact, one of the gay guys is the funniest dude I've ever met. I'm all for gay civil unions. BUT, I don't specifically support 'gay marriage' because I view marriage more as a religous rite than a civil one. I don't even think the states should issue 'marriage licenses' to heterosexual couples, I think in the eyes of the state all unions should be civil unions and leave marriage to whatever belief system the couple holds.

That being said, some gay people need to stop acting like every day is Pride Day, be a normal freakin person and you'll get more respect. A small core of gays ruins it for all gays IMO.

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:50 PM   #6
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
*I retract my earlier statement and should have read further before answering*

and btw
I support equal rights for all humans, period
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:13 PM   #7
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Any legal experts here?

I'd like to know what's the difference, in terms of legal rights,
between a same sex civil union, & a same sex marriage (in the USA for the most part).
are there any other practical considerations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy View Post
That being said, some gay people need to stop acting like every day is Pride Day, be a normal freakin person and you'll get more respect. A small core of gays ruins it for all gays IMO.
RYGUY - What do you mean when you mentioned:
"some gay people need to stop acting like every day is Pride Day"
Not criticizing, I'm just interested to know specifically what you meant by that.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:31 PM   #8
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
Any legal experts here?

I'd like to know what's the difference, in terms of legal rights,
between a same sex civil union, & a same sex marriage (in the USA for the most part).
are there any other practical considerations?

RYGUY - What do you mean when you mentioned:
"some gay people need to stop acting like every day is Pride Day"
Not criticizing, I'm just interested to know specifically what you meant by that.
Most of the gay people I work with are normal people. If they didn't tell you they were gay you probably wouldn't know by just looking at them. These people are the people who helped kill my white suburban homophobia. Then, on the other hand, there are a small number of, let's say, flamboyant homosexuals. On Gay Pride Day, at least here in Chicago, there is a big gay pride parade and these flamboyant homosexuals are running around the streets nearly naked doing the nasty with other dudes all over the place. Just because you're gay doesnt mean you can mack on dudes in the middle of a public place. I understand heterosexuals do this too, but when it's a gay person doing it, people tend to notice more.

So pretty much I'm saying that there are gay people out there who use the fact that they're gay to get attention.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:33 PM   #9
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
Finally a thread where Dook can come out.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:39 PM   #10
SexPanda
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
I dont see why gay people shouldnt be happy. if they want to get married then so be it.

Marraige now adays isnt much of a ''religous'' term. A marraige between two companies, a marraige of good ideas. marraige just means bringing 2 things (people in this case) together. I wish people would get past themselves and let others be happy. Seperation of church and state. We may be a "christian" country, but the same leaders who will openly say no gay marraige are the same ones who go out and have a mistress, or are secretly gay themselves. Hyporcacy and trying to save face for the "moral" majority, thats whats keeping this back
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:55 PM   #11
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPanda View Post

Marraige nowadays isnt much of a ''religous'' term.

Seperation of church and state.
That's my point exactly. The state should issue 'civil unions' with all the legal ramifications that 'marriage' carries. Leave marriage to the 'church' or whatever belief organization you hold. If gay people belong to a church that allows such a thing, great, allow them to be married through that avenue. Same for straight people.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:58 PM   #12
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy View Post
Most of the gay people I work with are normal people. If they didn't tell you they were gay you probably wouldn't know by just looking at them. These people are the people who helped kill my white suburban homophobia. Then, on the other hand, there are a small number of, let's say, flamboyant homosexuals. On Gay Pride Day, at least here in Chicago, there is a big gay pride parade and these flamboyant homosexuals are running around the streets nearly naked doing the nasty with other dudes all over the place. Just because you're gay doesnt mean you can mack on dudes in the middle of a public place. I understand heterosexuals do this too, but when it's a gay person doing it, people tend to notice more.

So pretty much I'm saying that there are gay people out there who use the fact that they're gay to get attention.
Ok, yeah I would have to agree with you there.
That's annoying whether regardless of one's sexual orientation.
I would think there are public indecency laws to prevent sex & sodomy in public.

Where I work, close to skid row in Los Angeles, we used to have homeless ppl 'do the nasty' in broad daylight on occasion.
that's just uncalled for imo.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:06 PM   #13
slowpo
BANNED

slowpo is just really niceslowpo is just really niceslowpo is just really niceslowpo is just really niceslowpo is just really niceslowpo is just really niceslowpo is just really niceslowpo is just really nice
I simply don't get it. Homos are filled with so much hate and animosity to people who don't share their beliefs (aka, decent people). Gays just seem to absolutely hate Normal people, have no respect at all for us. They are always, ALWAYS going on about having special rights, about how persecuted they are, blah blah blah, etc. Yet they themselves have no tolerance for Normal people, who tell them they are evil.

That is my belief folks! That is what I truly and honestly belief and nothing can make me change that. I truly feel deep down that homosexuals are all going to hell. God made me this way. So why don't homosexuals want me to tell this to them? They are attempting to infringe on our freedom of speech
slowpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:19 PM   #14
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
That's annoying whether regardless of one's sexual orientation.
I would think there are public indecency laws to prevent sex & sodomy in public.
Oh, there are laws, but its a god damn free for all on Pride Day, in ways other than sex.

And I would have to say hetero vs. homo, homos use their orientation/lifestyle for attention way more than heteros.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:22 PM   #15
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Well personally I've enjoyed the company of several gay friends.
Even walked hand in hand with a gay dude in a 'parade' for shits & giggles.
Not to say there might not be some who are spiteful, but I've known plenty who aren't.

Of course there are some gay dudes who are a PITA.
Some gay guys are ridiculously self-conscious & uncomfy with their sexuality.
I wouldn't be surprised if some were infact a bit hostile.
(although whether they are hostile b/c you are hetero, or simply b/c they don't like YOU is hard to say).

As with any given group, there are always nicer ppl & assholes.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:38 PM   #16
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpo View Post
I simply don't get it. Homos are filled with so much hate and animosity to people who don't share their beliefs (aka, decent people). Gays just seem to absolutely hate Normal people, have no respect at all for us. They are always, ALWAYS going on about having special rights, about how persecuted they are, blah blah blah, etc. Yet they themselves have no tolerance for Normal people, who tell them they are evil.

That is my belief folks! That is what I truly and honestly belief and nothing can make me change that. I truly feel deep down that homosexuals are all going to hell. God made me this way. So why don't homosexuals want me to tell this to them? They are attempting to infringe on our freedom of speech
There are so many "evil" things that you we all do. How can you look at so many people, and say that anything they have done is any worse that anything you have done? You really aren't better than anybody, whoever the greater power of the universe is certainly doesn't give two shits whether somebody shared their "love" with somebody the same sex or the opposite. Homosexuality doesn't hurt anybody. When was the last time your life was negatively impacted by a homosexual, by that person's sexual orientation? If that offends you, then you should grow up and realize that people have lifestyles different than yours. People being gay won't make you gay, if that is what is scaring you.

You hurt these people so much worse than they will ever hurt you, so before you go around telling them how "evil" they are, maybe you need to think about what evil really means to you, and whether the sins you commit are any worse than the sins they commit.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:47 PM   #17
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theicecreamdan View Post
People being gay won't make you gay, if that is what is scaring you.
Or will it? Bum bum BUM!! Maybe slopo is in denial.

Or maybe he's just ignorant.

Either way, every single word in his reply is flat out wrong.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:54 PM   #18
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPanda View Post
Seperation of church and state.
umm... Separation of Church and State is about not being able to make laws that would be for or against peoples religious choices. I think gay people should be allowed to be married. I also think there should not be a law that forces a church to accept it.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:26 PM   #19
slowpo
BANNED

slowpo is just really niceslowpo is just really niceslowpo is just really niceslowpo is just really niceslowpo is just really niceslowpo is just really niceslowpo is just really niceslowpo is just really nice
The American public is being lied to about what goes on at these gay rights rallies! It's not about politics, it's about sodomy in the open-air! Here are photos from a gay festival in the middle of the day in a public street.
Warning: Pictures are extremely graphic and not suitable for kids or those under 18

*Link Deleted, User Pinked*

That's what really ticks me off about the so-called "Gay Rights" movement. I honestly don't think they truly care about the politics, I think they just want an excuse to get together and show off their abominations in public and engage in anonymous sex. What better way of finding an anonymous partner than a crowd of 1,000?
Old 10-21-2009, 10:29 PM   #20
choleboy
BANNED

choleboy is an unknown quantity at this point
you gay bro?
choleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:37 PM   #21
slowpo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by choleboy View Post
you gay bro?
your been a bigot by asking me that...go head google the word bigot becouse i dont think an ignorant kid like you know what bigot means.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:47 PM   #22
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
The American public is being lied to about what goes on at these gay rights rallies! It's not about politics, it's about sodomy in the open-air! Here are photos from a gay festival in the middle of the day in a public street.
Warning: Pictures are extremely graphic and not suitable for kids or those under 18

That's what really ticks me off about the so-called "Gay Rights" movement. I honestly don't think they truly care about the politics, I think they just want an excuse to get together and show off their abominations in public and engage in anonymous sex. What better way of finding an anonymous partner than a crowd of 1,000?
1. Thats San Francisco
2. Thats the small minority of gay freaks I was talking about.

I'm pretty sure San Francisco is the absolute epicenter of the gay freak culture. That is some way, way fucked up shit though; I won't judge the whole community based on that.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:51 PM   #23
RNGWLD
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
RNGWLD is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:

:eek2 :
Holy shit.....holy shit what the fucking fuck is that????????

Son of a bitch I need to go throw up now but thank you for sharing that link...that was an eye opener into the real shit that goes down.
RNGWLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:03 PM   #24
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
^^Damn.. no wonder SF is known for gays...

I'm overall cool with gays. Yea, I don't mind gay friends or gays getting married, and I don't mind them holding hands or even kissing in public, BUT! If they are just burying their faces in each other, come on... even normal couples shouldn't be doing that. Get a room please... Same goes for lesbians. Though mildly amusing and (depending on how attractive they are) possibly arousing, its still inappropriate.

Oh and kids should be properly taught how birth occurs first, then informed of diseases and sexuality types.

My YouTube Channel
xpertsnowcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:14 PM   #25
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:

'don't judge lest you be judged'
doesn't your God preach that?
or are 'decent people' - whatever that means - exempt from that rule?
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:28 PM   #26
keistyle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
keistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via AIM to keistyle
Gay folks don't bug me, some of them are chill. Just not the ones that wear pink camo vests, and green spray painted combat boots, and are rude.

Aside that, i dont care.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:44 AM   #27
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Quote:

I don't think public homo-erotic orgies & gay rights are the same thing.

any blantant sexual activity in public obviously isn't good.
the failure of police (if not also city officials) to enforce public indecency is arguably even a more rediculous offense.
If you're not going to do squat, why even waste the city's $$$ to send out officers?
San Francisco sadly takes liberties a bit too far,
but I doubt it's representative of other communities across the nation.

Then again, nobody is forcing anyone to live in SF.
Every city/area has it's quirks to take into considerations before you move out/choose to stay.
It's like moving out to Los Angeles, and complaining the traffic is bad.
No place is perfect, and you just have to be realistic.
Not saying I necessarily approve of SF, but it is what it is.

Some agendas of the gay rights movement, imo are perfectly legit.
It's not unreasonable to fight say workplace discrimination,
apply for civil unions where there is none, etc.
I very much doubt that all gay rights is about organizing public orgies.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:57 AM   #28
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Go ahead, fornicate in the streets. Gay, Straight, Black White.

Bukkake on 12th Street.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:14 AM   #29
amdnivram
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
amdnivram is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to amdnivram
Like stated before marriage should be separated into 2 separate things, a union with benefits like marriage currently is, and marriage which is enforced and declared by a religion. In no was am i religious, but i do believe that they do have a right to say who can and can't get married. Homosexuals should have the right to be in some binding "union" but it shouldn't necessarily be called marriage. Now as for that gallery that was linked..... well religious fanatics fear this kinda thing and im sure its why most stereotypes exist.

Many people claim that being gay is wrong, but i haven't met a single person who has followed the bible line for line, therefore people who say that it is wrong aren't really religious. And if people bring up intelligent design and that the reason why its wrong is because of the telos of our genitalia, then there's two sides to this argument. The genitalia could have been made for reproduction with pleasure as its second purpose in order to influence procreation, but then again no where in the body can you experience the kind of please that you can from the genitalia therefore pleasure can be the main purpose and reproduction a secondary. I'm just saying that even if you try to rationalize it, i don't believe there is a way to do it.

http://silaudrey.blogspot.com/
amdnivram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:25 AM   #30
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Well the term 'Marriage' in the US is a legal condition between an opposite sex couples,
regardless of what you think ought to be.
You don't even have to be religious to be considered married before the US government.
What you do at your place of worship, or how you interpret whatever religious document is your own affair.

'Civil Union' and/or 'Domestic Partnership' in the US is a legal condition between same sex couples.

The actual rights of such civil unions vary from state to state.
In states such as CA, the rights granted to civil unions,
are more or less the same as the rights granted to a legal marriage.
Civil union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For the most part, i think one of the main controversies surrounding 'Civil Unions' is about recognition
(if other rights are already equal).
Same sex partners want their relationship to be recognized as a legit Marriage by the US goverment.
The lack of acknowledgement, is in itself an inequality.
This was, imo, the focus of things like the passing of 'Prop 8' in CA during 2008.

Personally, I'm generally ambivelent to labels.
I don't see the big deal either way.
If that's the only thing you're protesting, then imo things really aren't so bad.
Things aren't going to change one way or the other.

Ppl are going to acknowlege a relationship as legit or otherwise according to what they believe in,
regardless of what the government recognizes.