Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Media Forum / Pictures / Videos

Media Forum / Pictures / Videos Forum dedicated to media, such as pictures and videos.

Old 08-23-2019, 11:24 PM   #1
Larva_pso

Trader Rating: (0)
Larva_pso is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just bought the must unattended ugly s14

So I been looking to own for the first time a car project, I never had one before and when I was young a friend had a 240sx 1995 (20 years ago) always liked the car. Now that I thought I had the means to obtain one, i decided to start doing some search at craiglist and damn I see some high prices... So the only thing I could afford was probably the uglies s14 you have seen before. But hopefully I can restore this car in a time frame of 5 years LOL. kid and family first.
Any how here some pictures.

Any suggestions on how to remove this horrible red paint that the previous owner did [emoji35].

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Larva_pso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2019, 04:32 AM   #2
madngineer
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
madngineer is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Not a bad start. Looks way better than the project I just bought. Sand seal and paint.
Old 08-24-2019, 11:13 AM   #3
Larva_pso

I mean the red interiors. I even thinking on replacing them but everything it's really expensive. What would be the best way to get closer to oem color.?

Old 08-24-2019, 02:27 PM   #4
madngineer
Zilvia Junkie

Maybe look into citrus paint removers? You have to make sure the paint remover will not damage the plastics. Those bezels are selling for a premium at the moment...
Old 08-24-2019, 04:42 PM   #5
Larva_pso

What it means it's selling for a premium? Sorry I'm new to this ..
And what you think this car value?
The previous owner never did nothing to it. It still has the original shocks [emoji21]. Of course don't work. Control windows don't work... The AC only work at level 4 for some weird reason. And everything inside the car shakes while driving lol.

Old 08-24-2019, 06:42 PM   #6
madngineer
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larva_pso View Post
What it means it's selling for a premium? Sorry I'm new to this ..
And what you think this car value?
The previous owner never did nothing to it. It still has the original shocks [emoji21]. Of course don't work. Control windows don't work... The AC only work at level 4 for some weird reason. And everything inside the car shakes while driving lol.

Radio bezel and ac bezels are approx 100 each used. Its rough, but it has a few things going for it, manual, Se, all original. Not sure on the value. If its a 95 take off the drivers door panel, there is a white window control module u can replace or try to fix by soldering all the points on the circuit board. You need to replace your A/c resistor to get all the blower speeds. Its an old car, you will need to restore everything.
Old 08-24-2019, 10:00 PM   #7
Larva_pso

Thanks for the tips, I know it's a old cars and I do plan to bring it up in to a decent car. With time .. and I paid 1500$ for it LOL. at least it moves [emoji23]

Old 08-25-2019, 09:43 AM   #8
nick_d_240sx
Leaky Injector

nick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymore
Might try some mineral spirits or paint thinner, but test it in a small area to be sure it doesn't affect the plastic. Looks like you need to do some serious cleaning. Bust out that elbow grease! Good luck!
Old 08-26-2019, 02:44 PM   #9
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Remove the plastics and allow them to soak completely submerged in 99% isopropyl alcohol. Let sit for several days and agitate occasionally. It will remove almost all of the paint, and it is safe on plastics. I've had good results using this method to strip paint off model cars.
Old 08-28-2019, 02:10 PM   #10
aymaeid
Zilvia Junkie

aymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFITTZY View Post
Remove the plastics and allow them to soak completely submerged in 99% isopropyl alcohol. Let sit for several days and agitate occasionally. It will remove almost all of the paint, and it is safe on plastics. I've had good results using this method to strip paint off model cars.
This guy plastics. OP, my interior was painted red as well. I followed EFITTZY's instructions followed by a very high grit sanding. Painted them Rustoleum semi gloss black and they look great. Not OEM, but also not a weeks paycheck.
aymaeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 02:48 PM   #11
Larva_pso

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymaeid View Post
This guy plastics. OP, my interior was painted red as well. I followed EFITTZY's instructions followed by a very high grit sanding. Painted them Rustoleum semi gloss black and they look great. Not OEM, but also not a weeks paycheck.
Thanks for the advice, I will try that this weekend.

Also.. does anyone suggest a place to buy replacements for the entire inside carpet.?

Old 09-02-2019, 02:18 PM   #12
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larva_pso View Post
Thanks for the advice, I will try that this weekend.

Also.. does anyone suggest a place to buy replacements for the entire inside carpet.?

stockinteriors.com
speedgod^s13 is offline   Reply With Quote