Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2018, 10:57 AM   #1
SidewayzAsFck
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
SidewayzAsFck can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Question Need advice: Lsx build>>> Cd009 or T56??

Okay, so i need some advice on what setup is best for my new lsx build. I am parting out my sr20det setup which includes BNIB cd009 aluminum DS, Gktech brackets & mounts, gktech shifter adapter, autotech cd009 adapter plate, SS lines and everything else needed to mate it to a sr20det.

Since I am now going lq4/9 motor, I have to decide whether to keep the cd009 (77k miles on it) & get the adapter pieces for the lsx build or sell everything and buy a tremec t56 transmission.

Some people say that the gears are a bit short in the cd009 for the ls motors (running a 3.6 gear ratio with my 1.5 hlsd) and after looking at a few cd009-lsx adapters it seems like the pricing will add up quickly for both the cd009 & sourcing a t56. So i wanted to feedback on which setup may be best for the money & if the extra cost of the t56 is justified by better fitment/performance.
SidewayzAsFck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links