Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-29-2009, 08:04 PM   #1
Mikey444
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Mikey444 is making a name for him/her selfMikey444 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
AC Clutch not engaging

Hey guys. Now i know what you are thinking. Yes i did search but i haven't totally found the answer. So my ac clutch isnt engaging when i hit the switch, but the car idles up. Which lets me know the FICD is seeing power ( by the way if i'm not mistaken runs on the same wire as the compressor wire red/blue). FSM says that this red/blue wire should see a 12v source. Now my question is in order for the compressor to kick on it needs to be grounded. Does it get its ground signal from the triple pressure switch?
Mikey444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2009, 09:56 PM   #2
midnight_rex
Zilvia Member

midnight_rex is an unknown quantity at this point
what year car? make? model? engine?
midnight_rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:15 PM   #3
Mikey444
Leaky Injector

Mikey444 is making a name for him/her selfMikey444 is making a name for him/her self
Well its a 1995 S14 sorry.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:17 AM   #4
midnight_rex
Zilvia Member

midnight_rex is an unknown quantity at this point
its a stock s14?

the triple pressure switch closes the circuit to engage the clutch. you should try running a 12v source to the compressor wire to see if it engages. if so then the clutch is good.

check your AC relay in the fuse box in the engine bay and check fuse inside the car at the driver side footwell.
midnight_rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:36 AM   #5
silentcovenant
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
silentcovenant is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_rex View Post
its a stock s14?

the triple pressure switch closes the circuit to engage the clutch. you should try running a 12v source to the compressor wire to see if it engages. if so then the clutch is good.

check your AC relay in the fuse box in the engine bay and check fuse inside the car at the driver side footwell.
I had a similar problem, it would start then immediately turn off and it would just constantly loop like that. Turns out it was my relay, I think. Haha sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I just fiddle with the box and it works.
silentcovenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:26 AM   #6
mxexux
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
mxexux is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

This may help you.
mxexux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:39 AM   #7
Mikey444
Leaky Injector

thanks a bunch guys. i tested the relay it works fine. i did see a popped fuse on the kick panel fuse box but i dont have a legend. so i jus repalced it anyway. today im gonna test the connector harness for the compressor to see if its geetting a 12v. other thing is also the compressor has no pressure. so imma try to jump off the compressor to get some freon in it.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:06 PM   #8
Mikey444
Leaky Injector

Ok well guys I tested the relay it works. No popped fuses. So i jumped the compressor and what do you now the clutch kicks on. So i'm guessing the pressure was to low. So I will jump the compressor just to get some freon in the system. See if the clutch kicks in on its on without jumping it. Then find out if i have a leak some where. Thanks guys for the help.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:40 PM   #9
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Dont jump the compressor again till you know you have your pressure back up. Theres a low pressure switch on the compressor that wont let you engage the compressor clutch, that keeps the compressor from getting damaged.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:39 PM   #10
Mikey444
Leaky Injector

So you are saying dont jump the compressor again until i fill it with freon and check the pressure?
Old 07-03-2021, 08:52 AM   #11
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Bump, anyone has A color diagram? How do u wire in the drier wires?
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 12:20 PM   #12
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayianjim View Post
Bump, anyone has A color diagram? How do u wire in the drier wires?
No, they'll have the same manual you should have, found on nicoclub.com. It's very complete, with every diagram you could possibly want, diagnostic flow charts, and all that.

I don't believe in the whole "use search and let the forums die" thing, but coming in decade old threads to ask stupid things that are not even about the AC, but about the FSM, which you should know about, is why people say that kind of thing. I mean, you've had an account here longer than me, and you want.... a picture with MS paint colored lines, or what?

Go find the diagram, see what you can, and then ask your actual question, when you know what it is.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote