Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #361
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Mannykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #362
blockedwizard
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
blockedwizard is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Wow sorry man, good for you for sticking with the car and not letting anything stop you.
blockedwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:20 PM   #363
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
ryandriftingfat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Good to finally meet you Aaron. We'll tandem one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
But I'm going LS1
This is a smart thing. You built the rotary, now you want the fun of driving.

Thunder on the lot 2014 if you take your time.
ryandriftingfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:48 AM   #364
Royal_T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Royal_T is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Damn that sucks bro.. Such a amazing build and to have it end up like this.. I swear that is what scares me about first startups and first dyno sessions.. Any thing can happen..

Well I wish you the best and don't let this get you down, you will come back bigger and stronger..
Old 10-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #365
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandriftingfat View Post
Good to finally meet you Aaron. We'll tandem one day.

This is a smart thing. You built the rotary, now you want the fun of driving.

Thunder on the lot 2014 if you take your time.
I'm never going LS1!!!! hahaha. Good meeting you too brotha!! we'll keep in touch!!
Old 10-28-2013, 09:24 AM   #366
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
damm man that sucks! you have alot of love for the car after all those setbacks. i hope she comes together and makes the power you expect to. This makes me afraid to dyno my car...

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #367
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
versace, versace, versace, versace, versace!!!

But I'm going LS1

Yeah, I was going to say. It feels good to put the work and effort in to keeping the spirit of a car true, but in this day and age when so many other options are available. That little thing in the back of our heads that say "you gotta keep it og" "prove the haters wrong" or whatever the fuck your inspiration was for building a rotary period.

And just sucking it up and putting something modern that works in there and enjoying the car.

Blows man, the homie dkwasherd blows these motors left and right and can pull it and rebuild it in a day, stupid fast. And he's just accepted that with these cars instead of putting a different motor in there.

Glad to see you're keepin on dude.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:40 AM   #368
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
Yeah, I was going to say. It feels good to put the work and effort in to keeping the spirit of a car true, but in this day and age when so many other options are available. That little thing in the back of our heads that say "you gotta keep it og" "prove the haters wrong" or whatever the fuck your inspiration was for building a rotary period.

And just sucking it up and putting something modern that works in there and enjoying the car.

Blows man, the homie dkwasherd blows these motors left and right and can pull it and rebuild it in a day, stupid fast. And he's just accepted that with these cars instead of putting a different motor in there.

Glad to see you're keepin on dude.

Thanks man, yea... I still have to stick by my belief that a rotary can be just as reliable as many other motors.. They're just less forgiving when it comes to tuning. You have to get them right....PERIOD. Your base tune, or "Homies street tune" etc...just won't cut it. If you buddy is blowing motors left and right.... AND NO OFFENSE...but he's probly doing something wrong. I've seen them last, I've owned one that lasted, And I plan to get this one to work correctly and once I get a good tune on it.. I'll be happy and brapping all over the place =-)
Old 10-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #369
blockedwizard
Zilvia Member

Yes so your sticking with the 13b? I'm stupid and confused easily!!!!!
Old 10-28-2013, 08:39 PM   #370
wutangben
Zilvia Addict

wutangben is making a name for him/her selfwutangben is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to wutangben
of course he's staying 13b. sarcasm usually goes over ryan's head. which is ironic seeing as he's way taller than me. (yeah, saw your short joke coming from a mile away and stuffed it)
wutangben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #371
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Sticking with the 13b =-)
Old 10-29-2013, 01:07 PM   #372
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
ryandriftingfat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutangben View Post
of course he's staying 13b. sarcasm usually goes over ryan's head. which is ironic seeing as he's way taller than me. (yeah, saw your short joke coming from a mile away and stuffed it)

dang. shit just goat heated.
ryandriftingfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #373
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Selling my waste-gates and BOV... Spread the word!!
Here's the zilvia for sale link: http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/54320...-50mm-bov.html
Old 12-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #374
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

There have been some moves made recently. A few things started to come in and I actually ordered some New manifold material. I originally wanted to go ahead and keep my manifold but With the new Turbo being IWG It would be a waste to have two waste gate ports just capped off... not to mention ugly. SO I sold my manifold and waste gates. I got some of the smaller parts in for the New manifold....and the turbo as well.

BorgWarner EFR 8374 1.05 A/R Externally Gated...LOL Couldn't step away from external gates...and figured the internal probly works great...but i just didn't want to be the test mule.

And I got in some tid-bits from ATP turbo...
a 3" to 4" transition..which has a flat spot in it... I was wondering why the hell they did that..but a buddy shed some light on the way...It's a machine weld.. so the machine probly needed a flat surface in order for it to be rotated (thanks Justin). So I'm going to cut it and have the flat section pulled out. It's un-necessary.

Also Got a T4 Divided Mild Steel Threaded Turbo flange. I like the idea of not having to worry about 8 Bolts, ...I like the idea of being able to have less hardware and not having to worry about the install or room to get nuts on etc Thats a pain. This way I have 4 studs and 4 Nuts. Buying the Full-Race INconel Hardware as well. Says you don't need anti-zeize but I'll most likely use it anyhow.
Along with 2x EGT Bungs and 2x Wideband Bungs, a 4" V-band Clamp set.... And just waiting on some Custom Pipe I ordered.

I ordered 2" .120 Wall 304 Stainless Steel 90 degree Bends...with two different CLR Measurements....6" Center line radius and 5" CLR. Inside Diameter will be 2.00 minus .240 (120-120) To equal 1.76 I.D. This should keep Exhaust Gas Velocity Up for a nice snappy responsive set up. Most of you guys would disagree but I've talked to people, and done a lot of research and a long runner manifold is the direction i'm going for sure. Taking advantage of exhaust gas Expansion to it's fullest...and still keeping heat inside has gotten me to shorten the overall length but i'm still keeping it at a target of about 18". I'll keep you guys updated with the build of the manifold when the material comes in...takes about 9 days for the order to ship after the bends are made.

Stay Tuned!!! Le'Wolfe Will breathe Fire again
Old 12-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #375
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
I've never kept up with a build thread as much as this one! Keep it going man, but I'm sorry your wallet is our entertainment lol
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #376
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

^ Hey thanks! I'm working on getting her going! I love this car so much... Can't waite to slide into a nice long sweeper! Got cionfirmation on the shipment of my Manifold tube this morning so thats big news
Old 01-02-2014, 08:16 AM   #377
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Update:

Took a step forward today with some little things that I wanted to do better with this new set up. First was the 3" to 4" transition I got from ATP turbo. It's a nice piece but theres a flat spot between the transition...that I couldn't figure out why... until a buddy of mine said it was so the piece could be rotated on the machine welder. Makes perfect sense...and who knows it would actually make a difference. But I wanted to take the flat spot out so that the transition into 4" started right at the 3" Mark.
So I cut the flat part out using the band saw.. got as clos as possible so we could get the inside slip fit out...

straight section is tossed into the garbage..

threw the 3"v-band onto the lathe and got it nice and legit

And thats that. Ready to weld

Then I really wanted to make a nice transition from the turbo manifold pipe into the T4 Divided flange. I want it to be as flawless as possible.. But there was also a problem. I don't have the motor back yet and so finalizing the turbo position and manifold entry is still up in the air. But I like to get the dirty done when I can.. so I figured i'd make 2" inlets and work on the transition from them into the T4 flange. This way there we can build into the tranistion into the flange/turbo and still retain the clearances etc. Does that make sense? So essentially by the time I get the motor back in and everything else ready to go...all we'll need to do is work on bridging the motor flange to the turbo flange and the time consuming flange entry will be done.
So here's where I started:
I cut two pieces off one of my many mandrel bends. Both of them are 2" long and perfectly round.
Perfectly round isn't going to mate up to the T4 divide very well...

like fitting a circle into a triangle...this .120 wall was damn stubborn. But the increased wall thickness will really sturdy this thing up

Time to hit the vise...

pinch ovaled it into the right oblongish shape... but still needs tobe squared a bit.

I also cut off of the butt side that was mated up to the flnage so it would sit at an angle.

And I used a set of vise grips to get the touching sides of the pipe completely flat. They held one point in place and I put the other side into the vise so it would flatten out the mid section so they would mate up together for the divide in the middle. ..Garage build tactics at it's best. I was actually really proud of myself for mcguivering this up. Had to pat myself on the back for this one.

And I'm going to have Bj Tack the long sides to the flange and then throw it into the vice on the short sides so I can square it off a bit more. But this is pretty much how it'll end up looking...(everything will be straightened out etc before final weld). It's a bit hard to tell from this angle but it looks really good from the inside. The center divide section is flat against eachother pipe and a couple small tweaks and it'll be ready for the final weld.

More updates to come! stay tuned!
Old 01-02-2014, 08:28 PM   #378
blockedwizard
Zilvia Member

Awesome update and good job on the pipe modification, just did the same for my turbo outlet, fun getting it to fit perfectly
Old 01-05-2014, 11:47 PM   #379
4-20sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
4-20sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4-20sx
Sorry to read up on all your misfortunes lol but hey your still going on strong with the build
Old 01-06-2014, 10:40 AM   #380
juvi22003
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
juvi22003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Amazing build, good choice on the wheels !
Old 01-07-2014, 03:40 PM   #381
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Update:

I was able to get in a couple hours at the shop last night. I was able to finish the manifold to turbo flange runner shapes, and also have BJ weld it up. I also finished the 3" to 4" V-band out of the turbo.

So before I post pics I just wanted to say that I've gotten a bunch of crap for not having bj back purge both of these items. But truth is... I'm sure it's relevent. And once everything is tacked together and were done with the shape of the manifold, we'll be back purging the whole thing. But we didn't back purge these two pieces. There wasn't much trash on the inside of either welds aside from a small line of salty left-overs so I simply used the porting tool to get it all off and smoothed out the imperfections till I was satisfied.

V-band Welded and wire wheeled

Inside garbage

Doesnt take much to get all the Sugar trash off

But the end product is wayy smoother and gives me a better piece of mind as well

Bj Welding

Inside of the divide welded

Outside

Top of the flange

Inside after using the porting tool to blend in the imperfections

Heres a bad pic but the shape is very nice. There are no lips and I'm very happy with how well it turned out.

More of my mandrel bends....can't wait to get started once I get the motor back!! Looking forward to it.
And Flange on the turbo, as well as the Exhaust V-band transition! Looking like a million bucks!

Stay tuned. Next big update will be when I get the Motor back and the everything back together so I can start building the manifold into the turbo etc.!!
Old 01-07-2014, 05:53 PM   #382
4-20sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
4-20sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4-20sx
Wow awesome work. I def need to practice on my welding lol. Those welds are great!
Old 01-09-2014, 08:22 AM   #383
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Thanks so much! for the support!!

Last edited by Mannykiller; 01-09-2014 at 10:43 PM..
Old 01-13-2014, 03:48 AM   #384
SpazzyS13

SpazzyS13 is a well-known jackass
Dang, I just read through this whole awesome thread and I'm depressed myself to see what happened to the motor, that sucks! I have 2 buddy's with fd's I'm a fan. One of them are ls1 swapped (imagine) the other single turbo 13b. It's nice seeing you stick with the rotary.

There is so much dedication and time, I can imagine how hard it is to come back from that happening, best of luck, looking forward to see what's in the future!
SpazzyS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:01 AM   #385
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

ATTENTION!!! Selling Wheels!! Pm me if interested!!!
Old 02-14-2014, 10:58 PM   #386
RB2.5

RB2.5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ballin' setup
RB2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:11 AM   #387
Drifting Kalamari
Zilvia Member

Drifting Kalamari is an unknown quantity at this point
Amazing stuff, glad you are staying 13b! Keep the pics coming!!!
Drifting Kalamari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:03 AM   #388
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Small update:

Unfortunately...all 6 side seals are stuck in my rear rotor....and the ceramic Apex seals have shown how un-forgiving they could be. I may be needing a new rear rotor...which sucks badly. But I'm just ready to get this show back on the road. May possibly be going with a nice 2mm set if I can't find one 3mm. Either way i'll be using Goopy seals.

I put in my Turbosmart Order with Elliot at Turblown and a couple days later....got my Gates. I also have an aftermarket BOV coming in specifically for the EFR series. Bolts straight onto the compressor cover in place of the factory unit. Of course I needed to put my touch on the gates...

More Updates Coming soon!!
Old 02-19-2014, 06:18 AM   #389
aga
Zilvia Junkie

aga is an unknown quantity at this point
dude amazing work. i got so pissed when that happened to you on the dyno, you shouldnt listen to that dumbass...
Old 02-19-2014, 11:08 AM   #390
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Small Update:

I got my BOV in the mail from Turblown/Turbosource. It was easy as pie to install....and anyone able to pick up a screwdriver could do it in a matter of min. Although I'm sure the OEM unit is capable... It's nice to have an all Aluminum piece on there.

Here is the OEM recirc-valve

Compressor Cover

The Turbosmart Kompact

Installed

one more for kicks..

I also picked up a set of modified LCA's (lower Control Arms). They've been extended and along with a set of modified upper control arms It should allow for more steering angle. I have Uppers but I'll need to modify them a bit. The set also came with Powered By Max Modified Knuckles. The Knuckles are very nice. I had been meaning to send my knuckles to Martin for the modification but havn't had the time to get them off and didn't want the car to be down for any amount of time (go figure) LOL. So i'll be installing the Knuckles only,....for the time being and when A buddy of mine or I can get time to look at what needs to be modified on the UCA's I'll see if I can get the stuff to work. Either way it's nice to have an extra set of brakes, rotors, and lines.