Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
A Poor Man's Dream S13 (VQ, big angle, etc)

So I have a very long build thread in the premium section and on a few other sites that includes all my car history and whatnot, but I figured I'd keep it short and sweet in this section of Zilvia and just show you what I'm working on now.

I purchased this car a couple years ago with the intention of saving it from a lifetime of hackdom at the hands of the "car guys" up here in Michigan. Also, a rust free shell is very hard to come by, and this was one of the cleanest (underneath) I'd seen. So I bought this for $700.

I cannot tell you how botched the R33 conversion was, or how much of the wiring had been hacked up, etc, etc, etc. The more I got into this thing the more I realized it was going to need a total restoration.

So I started pulling it all apart. I'll save you from having to look at all the pictures of the deconstruction process and get straight to the good stuff.

I started working at a shop called Strictly Import Motorsports, where they convinced me that this car needed a RWD 4G63 swap. The plan was to stick a stock block DSM engine in with a twin-scoll HX35 setup and call it a day. Let's just say things got a little off track.

And I ended up with a forged 2.3liter stroker that I still needed a LOT of money to get in the car and running the way I wanted it.

So unfortunately, I have abandoned that route.

In comes this:

And this:

So I finally got the thing torn down and was ready to start the build up. So another shopping spree was in order:

Powdercoated:

And I bought a set of old Kei-office coils to get started on.

Extended my LCA's 25mm (need to redo).

So then I did this:

Scuffed the entire interior and painted it with white epoxy (messy stuff).

So here's how it sits right now.

A lot more to come, very soon.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links