Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-17-2019, 07:26 AM   #211
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
first startups are the best! congrats cant wait to see this complete.

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2019, 02:16 PM   #212
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Congrats!
The car has come together quite nicely, Juucso. I am loving the vivid paintwork =)
Old 04-18-2019, 03:50 AM   #213
ph1tnessjunk1e

Trader Rating: (0)
ph1tnessjunk1e is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Congrats, sounds amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ph1tnessjunk1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 09:33 AM   #214
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Cant wait to see this in action!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:53 AM   #215
BigKriss
Leaky Injector

BigKriss is making a name for him/her selfBigKriss is making a name for him/her self
Aah, good stuff bud ! Nice to see what others are doing around the world, like the ecu, relay setup. Busy with mine..
BigKriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 02:12 PM   #216
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Juucso is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the nice words guys!

I am so keen to see this thing finished. There is not much left to have her fully finished and ready be driven on the roads if I am able to get her registered anymore.

Here's few pictures of the Datsun at the show and a video where to see the best bits. I AM NOT the owner of these photos. If you are going to repost, please send me message so I can send you a link to the owner of the photos, thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkzTz3SWouY&t=9s
Old 04-24-2019, 10:19 PM   #217
danbarnett123
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
danbarnett123 is making a name for him/her selfdanbarnett123 is making a name for him/her selfdanbarnett123 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Congrats on making into a speedhunters post!
Old 04-25-2019, 11:34 PM   #218
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbarnett123 View Post
Congrats on making into a speedhunters post!
Thanks man!!

I got super excited when I received a message on fb "bro, your car is on speedhunters post"

Now.. This is what I've been thinking for some time now.
Will I go old school with mechanical "race" switches or will I just get something like Ecumasters PMU with CAN keypad and replace the full body wiring harness with it. If you have something to recommend, please let me know! Ecumasters only have 12position keypad and it really does not have enough buttons for my use. :/
Old 04-26-2019, 12:09 PM   #219
RedSnow
Leaky Injector

RedSnow is an unknown quantity at this point
seeing as though you made it on speedhunters and are clearly fairly well known for you build maybe they would be willing to do a bit of sponsorship and make and make a panel with extra buttons for you, if you ask them?
I cannot imagine it being that much extra work for them.
RedSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 09:51 PM   #220
SRpetey
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
SRpetey is just really niceSRpetey is just really niceSRpetey is just really niceSRpetey is just really niceSRpetey is just really niceSRpetey is just really niceSRpetey is just really niceSRpetey is just really nice
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Not a fan of the front wheel fitment but the rest of the car is pretty badass.
SRpetey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 11:55 PM   #221
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSnow View Post
seeing as though you made it on speedhunters and are clearly fairly well known for you build maybe they would be willing to do a bit of sponsorship and make and make a panel with extra buttons for you, if you ask them?
I cannot imagine it being that much extra work for them.
Not really looking for any sponsorships to be honest. It could help me financially, but this car has been built with zero sponsors so not looking for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRpetey View Post
Not a fan of the front wheel fitment but the rest of the car is pretty badass.
Haha, thank you!! I got both, negative and positive comments of the front fitment at the car show. Older people did not really like it, but they were excited to see something new as we do not really have a big "camber culture" in Finland.

___

Just got some 3" stainless steel tubing for exhaust and started to look how I'll be able to mount the internal wastegates to her. I'll post some pictures when I start actaully doing shit instead of just planning.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:00 AM   #222
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Well hello hello hellou!

Downpipes are 90% finished, no update pictures on those yet. Going to order some more piping, 3"->4" stainless steel adapter and some small bits soon. This is what I've planned so far. A bit "extreme", but when I look at this monstrosity it makes me feel like it suits the car. I've heard mixed opinions about it, but I'll go with this for now.

Also trying to make the exhaust straight as possible as I am afraid that the 3" exhaust is not large enough for 2bar boost levels. We'll see after getting her on dyno. I'll be driving this thing to a another show in two weeks. It's only 60miles away from me so it's a good "test drive" to do some adjusting to the map during normal driving.

Also installed the wastegates and made a bracket for the lower turbo wastegate as it does not have enough room where garrett has it designed to be installed.

Old 05-25-2019, 12:28 PM   #223
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Well hello hello hello!

I hope someone is reading forums even tho Final Bout is here. Keen to see some videos and photos from the event! Seems to be something I'd love to go see some day.

I decided to try give this car a first long test drive a week ago. There was a car show 60miles away from me and our "team" Lunatics had their own booth there so why not? I drove around 40miles before the car shutted itself down suddenly. Drove the car safe spot and removed battery negative terminal to be safe. Opened up the hood and everything seems to be fine at quick look. Installed the negative terminal back on and turned fuel pump on and there was ethanol spraying to the engine bay! O-Ring from the 1st injector popped out. Called buddy of mine to pick me up with a trailer.. As a co-owner of Lunatics, I went to Kajaani on different ride.

At Monday I went back to garage to see what is wrong. Seems like the injectors are not sealing or rather going deep enough to the fuel rail. I shortened the spacers between the fuel rail and intake manifold and the problem got even worse. Seems like the spacers were machined too short from the factory for these injectors.. Welp, with some washers I got the fuel rail and injectors seal properly and now the problem seems to be solved! I'm lucky that the car did not burn to ashes from my own stupid and mistake...

Well, everything and everyone is okay!

____

Before leaving to the show we finished up the exhaust and I installed rest of the power steering parts. This driftmotion billet oil reservoir is really really nice! All the lines are now AN and the pressure line from pump to the steering rack is from driftmotion too. Everything bolted up nicely and I found a nice place to mount the reservoir too. Pretty happy with this!

Old 06-11-2019, 11:40 AM   #224
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Well here we are with tuned S13.

We went to dyno on Saturday and she made 509hp and 566nm of torq. That's on E85 with 1.7bar / 24.5psi boost. We did not push the engine more as the stock 1JZ cams are the problem here. They do not flow enough to raise the boost and it makes no sense to add boost since major changes to power is not happening. I am more than happy with this setup now! <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVB7KZZ_ops
Old 06-16-2019, 08:52 AM   #225
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Time to move on. Soarer is sold and handed over to the new owner. Luckily I knew him personally and I promise you that she got a good home from him. Still sad for having to let her go, but I have something big in my mind to replace the Soarer. You'll see what I am after next week if the car is something as promised.

Old 06-17-2019, 10:11 AM   #226
RedSnow
Leaky Injector

RedSnow is an unknown quantity at this point
Whatever you're getting I am sure it's going to be nuts...
RedSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 05:53 PM   #227
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Just went trough the whole build. Very very cool. I love the paint (I'm a big fan of flake, especially on motorcycles), and the current wheels are my favorite. Very cool setup and it's nice you get to build it with your dad in that cool shop. Cheers from Florida

kanyedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 11:21 AM   #228
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Well boys, the car was good as promised.

Nissan Skyline R34 GTR -99
Nismo bearings
ARP headstuds
ARP rod bolts
Megasqruit ECU
Holset HX40 with custom billet turbine wheels
Sard 720CC injectors
Nismo dual disk clutch
Walbo fuel pump
A lot of some small stuff.
Tuned with premium fuel, made around 650whp.

54.000 miles and everything is in good condition. Really nothing bad to say about it. Interior is perfect, no rust on body etc etc.. Really happy with it!

Old 06-19-2019, 12:17 PM   #229
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
So goooooood
kanyedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:05 PM   #230
Claymoore518

Claymoore518 is an unknown quantity at this point
Love the 240 build! the color combo was awesome!
Claymoore518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:14 PM   #231
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
soooo. when you gonna JZ swap the 34?
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:20 AM   #232
Green Arrow
BANNED

Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
Dads money long
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 12:14 PM   #233
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Wow, wish i could spend money like that on toys. Looks flawless (34), please tell us youre gonna keep it looking stockish
Old 06-21-2019, 03:57 PM   #234
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Arrow View Post
Dads money long

I wish it would be..

Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
Wow, wish i could spend money like that on toys. Looks flawless (34), please tell us youre gonna keep it looking stockish
Yeah I’ll keep it somewhat stock looking. Nothing crazy tho like cutting up the body etc.. just some simple bolt-on’s on exterior.
Old 06-24-2019, 08:28 AM   #235
Wknd

Wknd is an unknown quantity at this point
Great to see another Skyline being in this region, especially a R34 GTR. Do you happen to know how many of them are in Finland?
Wknd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 01:25 PM   #236
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wknd View Post
Great to see another Skyline being in this region, especially a R34 GTR. Do you happen to know how many of them are in Finland?
Thank you!

Apparently there are only five of these in here. Lucky to catch one of them!

Old 06-24-2019, 07:23 PM   #237
silviamang
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
silviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Congrats on the pickup. Good to get one sooner than later for those in the market. They are uncommon enough to see in Japan, I can only imagine how rare they are are in Finland
silviamang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 02:09 PM   #238
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
The S13 is a work of art, and the GT-R is gorgeous!

Mike
Old 06-28-2019, 02:34 PM   #239
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Arrow View Post
Dads money long
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
jealously doesn't look good on anyone and it certainly doesn't look good on you two. work harder if you want nice things.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 01:32 PM   #240
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Hey guys!

Some updates. Not much, but something.

I did straighten up the frontend from the S13 to around -8 degrees so it's about 50% what it used to be. I've been working on interior wiring with zero to none of motivation to that shit, but oh well. Gotta do something! I've driven the R34 daily and I've done around 6000miles on it. I still love it. Few photos for you.

Untitled by juucso, on Flickr

IMG_7670-1 by juucso, on Flickr

IMG_9574 by juucso, on Flickr

IMG_9518 by juucso, on Flickr

IMGL0647 by juucso, on Flickr

IMGL0521 by juucso, on Flickr

Lightroom (53 of 103) by juucso, on Flickr

IMG_7675-1 by juucso, on Flickr

Lightroom (43 of 407) by juucso, on Flickr

Lightroom (320 of 407) by juucso, on Flickr

Lightroom (304 of 407) by juucso, on Flickr

None of this photos were taken by me. They're by