Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:55 AM   #181
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
snorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
What are the details on final bout gallery? I feel like I miss a ton of shit not being on instagram.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaEe00SIxbs
@9 mins

May 25-26th
snorkelcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2018, 07:41 PM   #182
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
What are the details on final bout gallery? I feel like I miss a ton of shit not being on instagram.
may 25-26. usair. gonna be a good time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
Thoroughly enjoyed this read thus far.

Still can't wrap my head around how Cali dudes have a hard time getting away with a header on their KA cars yet other drive cars like this on the street?
thanks! i think i've just been pretty lucky over the years and not having tinted windows, loud exhaust, or hid headlights probably somewhat keep the cops at bay.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:05 AM   #183
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorkelcoupe View Post
I should go to this. I need to get the fuck out of MA more often. Regretted not going to the last FB. 10/10 bet my girlfriend graduates this weekend and I can't go.
tuzzio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:45 AM   #184
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
deolio oh shit I didn't know you were behind autocollect storm.... I don't read any of the build threads so never put car to a name. I bought a bunch of storm stuff earlier this year.... would be cool to see you guys drifting some time.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:58 PM   #185
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
deolio oh shit I didn't know you were behind autocollect storm.... I don't read any of the build threads so never put car to a name. I bought a bunch of storm stuff earlier this year.... would be cool to see you guys drifting some time.
ayeee thanks for the support! i really don't have much to do with it anymore, just helped roy get the site up and looking pretty haha
Old 12-01-2018, 10:30 PM   #186
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
ayeee thanks for the support! i really don't have much to do with it anymore, just helped roy get the site up and looking pretty haha
Oh really? so you don't work with him any more?? that sucks
Old 12-01-2018, 10:42 PM   #187
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Oh really? so you don't work with him any more?? that sucks
just because i moved away. still good friends
Old 02-24-2019, 03:22 AM   #188
deolio
Post Whore!

so... i've been busy raping and pillaging the coupe. i'm trying to get the hatch up to par for some shenanigans while the coupe is down so i can get cracking on the k24 swap finally.

i spent last friday and saturday putting the entire front suspension from the coupe plus new coils and a modded crossmember and then figuring out the e-fan setup as well as a few other odds and ends. all seemed well until i got to the track and found serious bogging issues. checked all the common issues, but it didn't seem to be anything i could solve at the track... and my friend let me drive his s14 so i wasn't too focused on getting the hatch working.

today i attempted to diagnose the issue. spark plugs suggested it was running lean. fuel filter was fine, pump was fine, fuel was old. didn't get around to draining the fuel because i got distracted doing ricer shit like mocking up aero and wheels

i'd like to thrown the sr in it, but man the ka setup is so clean. probably won't mess with it if i can get it sorted.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:14 PM   #189
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
corkscrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Hatch looks sooooo good
corkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 03:57 PM   #190
deolio
Post Whore!

^thanks! hopefully it'll come out good haha

slowly been making progress. what should have taken maybe a day has taken a month. keep getting one step forward and two steps back.

i went to put the turbo/mani (guess you don't have to "hold the a" now) on and found the turbo was hitting the motor mount. hammered the heat shield but it wasn't quite enough. there are xcessive motor mount brackets on this thing, which make the motor sit lower. i didn't think it'd be this much... so i unbolted one bracket and jacked the motor up enough to get the turbo on only to find out the compressor housing was sitting on the motor mount when i let it back down. i guess xcessive didn't think someone would pair their brackets with a stock motor mount or something? so i had to throw a 2mm washer between bracket and mount. removing the turbo and manifold still requires me to jack up the motor, which is annoying. i should probably just switch to stock brackets, but for the time being, it's fine.

then it was onto the coolant feed/return for the turbo. my original plan for the turbo coolant lines didn't work because i found the previous owner had already deleted a bunch of coolant ports off the intake manifold and throttle body. so i ended up just using my heater lines. for the oil feed, i used the z1 kit, but my buddy who was helping me out ended up snapping the tee off in the oil block so i had to order a replacement. for the return i somehow managed to lose the damn $19 earls 90° bung to 1/2" npt for the pan so a replacement for that has been ordered as well. total and utter incompetence goin on in here lol

the good news is it passed smog, my friend who has done my paint previously has agreed to do all of the bodywork this time around, and another friend is going to tackle wiring up the ac and cruise control, which takes a huge pile of shit off my plate. so now all i have to worry about is getting it running and driving... over the next 5 weekends
Old 04-16-2019, 10:26 AM   #191
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
you got it dude! that is plenty of time.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:37 PM   #192
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB0 View Post
you got it dude! that is plenty of time.
thanks jimmy! if i don't make it i'm shipping it to you to part out
Old 04-16-2019, 09:18 PM   #193
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
thanks jimmy! if i don't make it i'm shipping it to you to part out
LOL

You got this, man. It'll be good!
Old 04-20-2019, 08:18 PM   #194
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
LOL

You got this, man. It'll be good!
haha thanks!

took yesterday off and got a ton of shit done.

simplified intake manifold and realized the previous owner ported it

i put everything back together and then realized the cold side piping wouldn't fit, but fired it up anyway and somehow nothing leaked.

today i finished up the front and rear suspension. stole everything but the coilovers, crossmemeber, and subframe off the coupe all i'm waiting on now is a coupler and a flange and it'll be street worthy!
Old 04-23-2019, 08:34 AM   #195
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Great inspiration for my car, keep it coming!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 08:51 AM   #196
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
How did you adapt the AN fittings to the heater core?
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 05:06 PM   #197
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
Great inspiration for my car, keep it coming!
will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
How did you adapt the AN fittings to the heater core?
no idea tbh haha previous owner did all of the an stuff besides what i added for the turbo. my guess would be barb to an fitting on the other side of the firewall to the core??? i'll try to figure it out when i'm under the dash installing gauges this coming weekend.

pretty much ready to paint. spent about 30 hours straight prepping this past weekend. got a bit delirious there at the end...

Old 05-09-2019, 12:38 AM   #198
deolio
Post Whore!

got it in the booth and primed it

while it was curing i whipped up some ducting. been meaning to do this forever. i feel like with adding a/c it's a requirement on this car. made the full enclosure out of empty coors boxes.

then transfered over to some fake ass carbon fiber (pay no attention to the marks all over it, the protective film was still on)

and somewhat installed it

somehow the little brackets i used lined up perfectly with the holes already in the upright rad support things. totally didn't plan it that way at all. sometimes it's the little things just need to add some double sided tape to the front (already put foam on it at the back side of the intercooler) and i'll call it done!
Old 05-09-2019, 08:01 AM   #199
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Ducting is very cool. Good job. I'd like to do something similar myself.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:35 AM   #200
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
So excited to see it painted. What aero you going with? That vs select front bar with what looks like origin streamline/stylish side-skirts and rear bumper? What about wheels? Colour?

Haha can you tell I am excited to see this put together?
Old 05-09-2019, 11:32 AM   #201
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
So excited to see it painted. What aero you going with? That vs select front bar with what looks like origin streamline/stylish side-skirts and rear bumper? What about wheels? Colour?

Haha can you tell I am excited to see this put together?
lol same! yeah hot road rep front, origin sreamline skirts and rear. color is still undecided, but something dark-ish. the sp1's have been freshened up and the faces powdercoated, but no pics yet
Old 05-09-2019, 08:31 PM   #202
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Gold wheels for a Goldstar member!

Black and gold wheels for the win. Gold SP1's are "old-school" yet timeless!
Old 05-14-2019, 02:14 PM   #203
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
dluevanos01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
no idea tbh haha previous owner did all of the an stuff besides what i added for the turbo. my guess would be barb to an fitting on the other side of the firewall to the core??? i'll try to figure it out when i'm under the dash installing gauges this coming weekend.
X2 on this.

Car looks great man!
Old 05-15-2019, 12:06 AM   #204
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dluevanos01 View Post
X2 on this.

Car looks great man!
sorry, i tried to figure it out, but i couldn't get an angle to see what exactly what's going on there with the dash still in the car. the previous owner did have a build thread somewhere on here, where i'm pretty sure he went over it, but i don't recall the name

thanks!

the car is painted and aligned, but now it's at a buddy's shop getting some loose ends tied up while i deal with moving out of my house before heading to final bout. will post photos of the finished product saturday maybe????
Old 05-18-2019, 10:39 PM   #205
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Its saturday!
Old 05-19-2019, 06:07 PM   #206
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Its saturday!
haha oops i’m late!

my friend laid base and clear. we changed our paint booth setup and my car got to be the guinea pig, which resulted in a bit of dust in the clear, but we should be able to get rid of it pretty easily.

i pulled it outside after setting the ride height and checked pan clearance... which was not great...

took it to get aligned at “track height”. the plan was to mark everything, then raise the car, set “trip height” and then mark everything again, in a different color so it’d be easy to change real quick, but we ran out of time.

i got the ssr faces powder coated matte black to kinda match my 57dr’s

finished up wiring and plumbing EVERYTHING, except i keep forgetting to grab a tiny filter for the catch can breather

and then busted ass friday night/saturday morning mounting everything. i hadn’t even mocked up the new front fenders or any aero before paint so i was fearing for the worst, but somehow just about everything fit with little to no modification. and then at like 3am i found that the front professors wouldn’t clear the damn bbk. would have required roughly a 28mm spacer to clear the caliper and the studs, which my fenders could not accommodate.

fortunately autozone had some stock size z32 rotors in stock so i removed the bbk and everything fit perfectly!

took it out for a rip up and down the street and my buddy snapped some photos of it real quick.

and then i pulled back into the shop and noticed the volt gauge was reading low and steadily decreasing and THEN noticed oil on the ground. jacked the car up and sure enough it looked like a pencil had pierced the front of the pan (sorry for the terrible pic, but you get the idea)

also realized coolant was leaking from the water neck on the intake manifold AND the steel sleeve that the -an fitting connects to was spinning.

with all of those factors plus the added expense to replace the fucked up shit and the likelihood of us hitting snow on our drive to final bout, i decided to throw in the towel. i am exhausted and so is my wallet. i’d rather be able to drive some local events this year than be in debt and only be able to drive one, though it is the coolest one...

anyway, i had to roll the car outside today so my buddy could pull his car out of the shop and got to see it in the sun for the first time. i am in love.

and now i’m gonna take a fuckin nap before getting on the road to accompany my equally as insane team mate hahaha
Old 05-20-2019, 07:03 AM   #207
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Dang this makes me feel better about all the mishapps that occur when I modify my s13.

Love the outcome. What bbk did you have before switching back to z32s?
mounts do you have that keep your motor that low? Nismo mounts will raise your motor and seeing as how youre not running an aftermarket hood why do you want/need the motor so low?
Old 05-26-2019, 11:03 PM   #208
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You're good at this D
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 09:50 AM   #209
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Man, this hatch is fucking awesome looking.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:06 PM   #210
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Dang this makes me feel better about all the mishapps that occur when I modify my s13.

Love the outcome. What bbk did you have before switching back to z32s?
mounts do you have that keep your motor that low? Nismo mounts will raise your motor and seeing as how youre not running an aftermarket hood why do you want/need the motor so low?
the old pbm bbk with the pbm z32 calipers. it's not the motor mounts, it's the xcessive motor mount brackets, which were already on the car when i bought it. didn't realize they dropped it 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
You're good at this D

Quote:
Man, this hatch is fucking awesome looking.
thanks!

just a little off topic for a second...

after giving up on the hatch, i focused on helping my team mate at least get his z32 ready for the trip to final bout on time. three of us worked on it from 10am to 3am the next morning and then hopped right on the road. it was insanity. i ended up driving 1/4 of the trip in his car for him so he could nap in the support rig. 3 of us and 2 vehicles managed to do the drive out in under 48 hours despite each car getting pulled over once and severe weather. the drive back was just under 36 hours despite severe weather and the car literally falling apart hahaha

it was a good trip though. in hindsight, there was no fucking way my car would have survived the trip without some sort of catastrophic failure so in the end i'm somewhat glad everything went wrong at the last minute.

got back and got to work. i managed to find enough parts and bolts laying around the shop to get the coupe rolling again. i got to see tf-works k swap in person while in chicago really lit a fire under my ass

i ended up setting the k in the bay (sorry no photo) and holy shit is the stock pan tall! height difference with the tf pan is insane. can't wait. *insert fry shut up and take my money meme*

hatch will be fixed this coming weekend hopefully.