Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
boris13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
boris13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sr20det running rich wet spark Plugs

Im really looking for some insight with my car running really rich my AFR is 17.5- - - or I just get 3 lines and I pulled the spark plugs and they were soaked with fuel what could be happening.? I set the timing to 15* and the spark plugs are gapped at 0.34 and I have a brand new turbo as well

Any help is appreciated.!
Old 10-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
MrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrChow
Okay first off where's is a your wideband o2 sensor at from your exhaust? If you put where your normal o2 that is the wrong place.
"It's stiff and hurts my livers! I'M A HANDLING GOD!"
WTT: 2 way for 1.5 way LSD
MrChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #3
K3MPS
Leaky Injector

K3MPS is an unknown quantity at this point
Check vacuum, TPS, MAF, injectors, boost leaks, coolant temp sensor, o2 sensor, FPR
K3MPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:56 AM   #4
boris13
Zilvia Member

well i put the wideband on the dump pipe and i have no o2 sensor hooked up to the car would no o2 sensor cause the car to run rich.?
Old 10-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #5
K3MPS
Leaky Injector

K3MPS is an unknown quantity at this point
.......yes
K3MPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #6
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
MrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrChow
Quote:
Originally Posted by K3MPS View Post
.......yes
What he said that's if your running a stock ECU.
Also if you never read look at your wideband instruction it will tell how far away it should be install from the turbo/exhaust. Another reason your getting a bad reading.
"It's stiff and hurts my livers! I'M A HANDLING GOD!"
WTT: 2 way for 1.5 way LSD
MrChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #7
leung
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (73)
leung is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
I believe its 3 feet from the turbo is where the wideband should be hooked up.
leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #8
boris13
Zilvia Member

ok well ill take it into a shop and stop fucking with it i guess ._. but i also tryed too check my IACV valve to see if its getting stuck open or something but i havent had any luck with it i unplug the clip from the solenoid to the harness and i get no change in the idle what so ever i pulled my fuel rail but still no luck nothing sprayed but if its beyond my ability to fix it ill just take it to a shop so they can fix all the bullshit and charge me a left nut ive bin trying to fix this animal for about 2 years already and still cant get it to run right
Old 10-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #9
davidg01234
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
davidg01234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
its the o2 sensor man. you need it hooked up with the stock ecu. without it, your gonna be running rich as hell because the ecu doesnt have any way to know your AFR's
davidg01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #10
shagspeed
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
shagspeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by boris13 View Post
Im really looking for some insight with my car running really rich my AFR is 17.5- - - or I just get 3 lines and I pulled the spark plugs and they were soaked with fuel what could be happening.? I set the timing to 15* and the spark plugs are gapped at 0.34 and I have a brand new turbo as well

Any help is appreciated.!
Well AFR of 17.5 is very very lean...So lean it would pop and miss ..... With that said if your sure its rich... You can look at injector Oring "very unlikely they would all go bad if you see this on all cylinders" So the more likely thing it could be is a failed or shorted or heavily resistance on the MAF circuit.... or even something wrong with the ECU but I rarely see an ECU go bad ...

Hope that helps somewhat.. I will follow this thread and try to help you out some more if I can.. Take care

Quote:
well i put the wideband on the dump pipe and i have no o2 sensor hooked up to the car would no o2 sensor cause the car to run rich.?
Yes but nothing crazy ... Its there to for emissions its only a 0-1v Lean-Rich sensor .. Sets the AF alpha table's long term fuel trims really .. Shuts off at WOT too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leung View Post
I believe its 3 feet from the turbo is where the wideband should be hooked up.
12-18" is fine .. But this also made me think if you have ANY exhaust leak's your sensor will be way off too..

Last edited by ThatGuy; 10-08-2012 at 06:38 AM.. Reason: Merged three posts. Stop multi-posting!
shagspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #11
boris13
Zilvia Member

Thanks for the advice but here's the thing guys first just wanna thank you all for helpin with some advice well I thought running lean was at 10.0 green side no.? I have an aem wife band AFR gauge and at start up it starts up at 14.5 then while it's warming up it slowly starts to go down to 17.5 and all the way over to the point where it reads nothing being too rich - - - on the gauge I connected the o2 sensor and still no luck

I also checked the injector O rings to see if they were bad but no luck on that I pulled the fuel rail left everything connected and primed the fuel pump to see if they spray or leak and nothing sprayed or leaked now I disconnected my IACV valve while the car was running but it made no diffrence (disconnected the IACV from harness) I also pinched the front hose where it connects to the intercooler piping and no reaction as well

I might have to check the maf wires again maybe a bad connection some where in there but I double checked to see if there were any breaks in the wire but didn't find any also when I disconnect the maf the gauge reads 10.0 I connect it and it goes down to 17.5

I set the timing to 15* and restabbed the cas and disconnected the tps tospaces et the timing so that's not an issue my spark plugs are gapped at .035 I had them at .040 thinking it was too gapped

When I Cruz it will sound like it died but it idles at almost 500 then picks up to 800 when I pull up to a light my boost gauge reads -12ng at idle but -20 when driving checked for boost/vac leaks didn't find any I sprayed all vac lines and intercooler piping and couplings but didn't get any bubbles anywhere I'm completely stumped I don't want to drive it like that for fear that the gas will fuck up the piston rings and fry my motor completely I've looked and looked and looked everywhere and still haven't found any thing that could be wrong with my car

Ps I did everything my self the whole swap with no help just zilvia once again I can't thank this website enough THANK YOU ALL

Ps when I boost everything is fine no blogging or sluggish movement (beast of a motor) but i just want to be able to drive it with no issues what do ever I don't wanna blow my shit up after all this work I put in it and I really don't want to take it to a shop because I can feel the pain in my wallet as soon as I think performance shop
Old 10-08-2012, 08:13 AM   #12
shagspeed
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Ps when I boost everything is fine no blogging or sluggish movement (beast of a motor) but i just want to be able to drive it with no issues what do ever I don't wanna blow my shit up after all this work I put in it and I really don't want to take it to a shop because I can feel the pain in my wallet as soon as I think performance shop
Does it puff black smoke out the back? And the fact it pulls hard and doesn't bog means e electronics are fine.. BTW stock O2s are about useless so I knew that would make no difference .. Though maybe your AEM has an programmable output where you would set it to a 0-1v and hook it back to the ECU .. Your AEM will do a way better job..

Was your engine forged? 1st does it smoke at idle ?
Old 10-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #13
boris13
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagspeed View Post
Does it puff black smoke out the back? And the fact it pulls hard and doesn't bog means e electronics are fine.. BTW stock O2s are about useless so I knew that would make no difference .. Though maybe your AEM has an programmable output where you would set it to a 0-1v and hook it back to the ECU .. Your AEM will do a way better job..

Was your engine forged? 1st does it smoke at idle ?
thanks for the info just needed to clear that up well i come to find im some what of a dumb ass being as to the gauge reading really lean than being super rich but heres the thing when i rev it at a gas station under the bright light next to the pumps it revs up nice no hesitation and i look back and i can see a puff of black smoke come out after a loud shot gun back fire but the gauge is reading 17.5 red super lean at idle.? thats what is really confusing me... i pulled the spark plugs last time and they were soaked with fuel the last 2 and the first 2 were some what wet with fuel but my injector O rings are not bad because i already pulled the fuel rail and checked for any leaks or spraying but still no luck

oh and no it does not smoke at idle what so ever nor while im driving it just when i really rev it..

and the smoke is black as F**K im going to remove my IACV and give it a cleaning to see what happens.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:37 AM   #14
Redsunz916
Zilvia Junkie

Redsunz916 is an unknown quantity at this point
Check your fuel pressure, I just had this issue recently the pump was only putting out 20 psi and my shit was pissing gas blowing hella smoke.
Redsunz916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #15
boris13
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsunz916 View Post
Check your fuel pressure, I just had this issue recently the pump was only putting out 20 psi and my shit was pissing gas blowing hella smoke.
hmmm alright ill check that out to see if thats the issue im about to post a video on how its idleing.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #16
boris13
Zilvia Member

my fuel lines where the rubber hoses go to look a little bent too im not too sure if this could also be causing some little baby lean issues im going to post pics so yall can look at them for me
Old 10-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #17
boris13
Zilvia Member

SR20DET running lean - YouTube

ok heres the video at the beginning it was set at the normal 15% on my HKS SuperAFR thats for making the idle richen up a bit then u see me turn it over to 50% being the richest it can be and it bearly makes a diffrence in the A?F gauge and i also took pictures of the bent lines idk maybe i can get some assisstance with that too

This is the FPR its bent in the middle

This is the line where the fuel filter is connected and its bent upward idk if this would have anything to do with my idle being so lean maybe you guys can help me
Old 10-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #18
shagspeed
Leaky Injector

Quote:
SR20DET running lean - YouTube

ok heres the video at the beginning it was set at the normal 15% on my HKS SuperAFR thats for making the idle richen up a bit then u see me turn it over to 50% being the richest it can be and it bearly makes a diffrence in the A?F gauge and i also took pictures of the bent lines idk maybe i can get some assisstance with that too

This is the FPR its bent in the middle

This is the line where the fuel filter is connected and its bent upward idk if this would have anything to do with my idle being so lean maybe you guys can help me
No if it was blocked or the FPR was leaking VAC it would be really rich not lean... Stoichiometric aka perfect clean burn is 14.7:1 -- 17:1 is super lean 10:1 is Rich .. Lean is not enough fuel rich is too much. Not sure what you knew or didn't so I hope that helps and is no way meant to insult anyone I understand we all start somewhere and I will do my best to always try to help..

SO..
If there was a blockage in the return the pressure would be higher .. It would smoke like hell and be rich as hell at idle or not even run .. Its the fact that when you free rev it goes rich is very odd while its lean at idle ...

I would hook up a fuel pressure gauge and check to see how the pressure is and from that we can learn more ... Maybe you could have a broken FPR broken in a very odd way..
Old 10-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #19
boris13
Zilvia Member

yea i was just wondering because im still searching around and i see no ones lines are bent like myne are and i was just wondering well i cant get a fuel pressure gauge till friday because im dead broke right now because i wanted to save the cash to take it to a shop to get it tuned keep in mind i have done all the work by my self i have never taken it to a shop to get anything done to it what so ever if i had the 40.00bucks for the gauge i would have gone to get it already to see how thats going.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:39 PM   #20
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
OP: What is your engine setup?
Old 10-08-2012, 05:39 PM   #21
shagspeed
Leaky Injector

Quote:
yea i was just wondering because im still searching around and i see no ones lines are bent like myne are and i was just wondering well i cant get a fuel pressure gauge till friday because im dead broke right now because i wanted to save the cash to take it to a shop to get it tuned keep in mind i have done all the work by my self i have never taken it to a shop to get anything done to it what so ever if i had the 40.00bucks for the gauge i would have gone to get it already to see how thats going.
Dam bro.. That scuks your broke.. I'm getting there.. Dropping another 3-4k right now to get my Buggy running... VVL head on GTI-R Block is not cheap and much harder to do then a RWD block conversion .. Head needs to be drilled for larger M11 Studs .. ARP studs are longer on the M11's and need to be modified and so on.. Anyways If you where in socal I would say bring it by and we could look at it... Though its rewarding to know you did all the work yourself.. Good Job ... Get a Gauge and if you can swing it also a Nismo Adjustable FPR is always nice to have ..

If you know anyone with a FPR that could be easy to swap and check ..

BTW Here's my Money Pit

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...62627185_n.jpg
Old 04-11-2019, 11:59 AM   #22
Fre3_World313

Fre3_World313 is making his/her stupidity well-knownFre3_World313 is making his/her stupidity well-knownFre3_World313 is making his/her stupidity well-knownFre3_World313 is making his/her stupidity well-known
What should my fpr gauge be reading at idle? I believe mine is 40psi

Ik it’s running rich due to it fouling plugs in 4 miles..

Wish I could cut the fuel flow back,

Tho my afr reads 11.5 under full boost

Can a shitty old A’PEXi air filter cause it to run rich?
Fre3_World313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 01:38 PM   #23
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by fre3_world313 View Post
what should my fpr gauge be reading at idle? I believe mine is 40psi

ik it’s running rich due to it fouling plugs in 4 miles..

Wish i could cut the fuel flow back,

tho my afr reads 11.5 under full boost

can a shitty old a’pexi air filter cause it to run rich?
what the fuck why are you still asking the same questions we already answered???? Stop bumping graveyard threads

your fucking air filter is not causing a rich condition

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote