Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 04-17-2019, 09:06 PM   #1
89-Sileighty

Trader Rating: (0)
89-Sileighty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
240sx s13: Which front swaybars are compatible with the nismo power brace?

I am in the market for a s13 front sway bar and was wondering which ones are compatible with the nismo power brace. There does not seem to be a lot of information on which one's are.
I believe sikky 32mm sway bar is compatible, but that is way too big for what i need. I'm thinking of whiteline or progress swaybar, but am unsure if it will fit with my nismo power brace.
If you guys can help me out and let me know that will be great. Also if yall can post which swaybars you guys are using with pictures too, that will be awesome.
89-Sileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2019, 12:47 AM   #2
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I've got the progress bar with the power brace -- no clearance issues (I can take a pic if you want to see).

From a google search, the whiteline bar looks pretty damned close to touching but seems to still work: http://www.silviawa.com/forums/index...howtopic=70188
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:51 AM   #3
roninwon
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
roninwon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to roninwon Send a message via Yahoo to roninwon
Tanabe 30mm clears no problem.
Old 04-18-2019, 08:32 AM   #4
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by roninwon View Post
Tanabe 30mm clears no problem.
I was gonna say the same thing.

Largus also clears.

TBH I have never seen a sway bar that DIDN'T clear power brace. I'm not really sure how it would NOT fit?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 01:08 PM   #5
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
^That was my thought, too. That whiteline thread that I linked was the only thing I could find referencing interference. And I thought that bar didn't clear the big SR oil pans, either.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 04:58 AM   #6
89-Sileighty

Trader Rating: (0)
89-Sileighty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks for your input guys! I’m leaning towards progress bar. Before posting this, I saw that whiteline post, but thought it was too close and maybe someone may have had a different experience with the combination. The whiteline may be too risky of a choice for me. Thanks for the confirmation. I’ll probably go ahead and order that progress bar.
89-Sileighty is offline   Reply With Quote