Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2019, 09:16 AM   #28
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I've sort of been here. Not with an exhaust ticket, but for getting a "modified tail light" citation in my old FD. Cop tjought my stock FD tail lights were modified and too dark.

My experience in a nut shell was that the cops nor the judges know shit about cars and these citations in general. They didn't bother with hard evidence like lumins readings and instead determined that the tail lights were modified because A) the cop just thought they looked dark and B)because I didnt purchase my 1993 Rx7 when it was new..when I was 5 years old. I was found guilty and tried to appeal the court decision but that turned out to be a nightmare in itself. You seem to need a degree in law to know what half the terms mean. Ended up not bothering with it and just paid the fine.
if you ever have a problem with this again, tell the officer to look for the DOT markings on the tail lights. if he/she still isnt having it, you need to appeal to the court and drag him/her in there to make your case. if you make the correct argument and document the DOT markings, your fine will be dismissed. more importantly, it shows the LEO that they arent always right. im not pro or anti cop, but they need to be held accountable for their actions (just like everyone else). this is the only effective way to fight these laws.

ive had to appeal stuff to the courts in CA, its not that hard; you just have to read and digest the process. although, i work in a law firm, so i guess i have a leg up there.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote