Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-30-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
robots
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
robots is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry A31 Ceffy build in 10 days and destroyed on 11th)) China Drifting KILL

Hey, guys !

A small intro. Im russian and work and live in China, Beijing. Each f**king year there is this epic drift event in a city nearby.
World Drift Series its name. WDSÊÀ½çÆû³µÆ®ÒÆϵÁÐÈü¹ÙÍø-WDS ,WDS , WDSCHINA£¬WDS Drift, WDS Drifting You can see some videos on youtube and coverage on speedhunters.
American drifters(Matt Powers, JR, Ross Petty etc) are invited to event for even more madness and destruction.
In 2010 I was driving an ass-spec C33 build in one week with 1jz and small T3-T4 turbo. All was good, only the f**king W58 factory clutch was sleeping. Untill on the last day at night I got my friend to borrow his r154 with ACT HD clutch. Which helped a bit.
Funny thing is I got very deep into the grid. Going through top 32s and to top16s. Was kicked out in top4 battle by Ueo. Top 8 battle was with Imamura and I got lucky his half-shaft snapped)) Otherwise my weak ass skills and car wouldn't let me finish in top 8. Which is really funny with chinese guys buying expensive here s-chassis built by japanese/taiwanese for crazy money.

Anyway, its always a huge problem to find a good garage or tuner here. But I was lucky and got help from a local guy.
He basically sponsored me for event. Half of the parts on the car was mine. Engine wise it was his.

Event starts on 29th of september. I bought the car on 15th of september from a friend. With a dead 4cyl carb CA20 engine.
Cars had to be in the padocks on 27th. But I could negotiate for late entry on early morning of 29th.

So here I start.

Day 1 September 15th
Got the piece of shit car. Looked god on the outside. But the roof line by the windscreen rusted to shit. Seller f**ked me over on that
Could probably negotiate a better deal if I knew about that.

Really gay red interior. I wanted to leave it. But f**k it. Scraped it all of in the end.

Day 2 September 16th
Brought over some of the parts for the car.
Powered by max hydro handbrake, fake bride seats, 3 diffs with different final gears, half shafts for spares. simple and brute.
9.5J ET15 chinese wheels. Got only 2 haha. Rest is 9j with 20 offset.

Here is a good edition for the engine. Guys here are really sketchy about turbos. So its either garrett BB or hks or greddy. I don't have that moneys. So I went to a diesel truck turbo shop. And picked this baby up. Its genuine garrett GT3782R. Journal bearing. T4 devided AR1.0 on the hot side. Manufactured in shanghai garrett plant for some truck.
Compressor: 58/82mm Turbine:74/64mm A bit similar to HKS GT3240 with T04S rear or GT37. Or even TD07S-25G.
I bought it for USD550 which is f**king cheap. And it works good.

Day 3
I didn't do shit to the car. Waiting for parts and playing around with friends rb25. Installing a truck turbo on his engine. No pics.

http://www.56.com/u36/v_NjQzMDc4NzM.html
http://player.56.com/v_NjQzMDc4NzM.swf

http://www.56.com/u22/v_NjQzMDc4NTk.html
http://player.56.com/v_NjQzMDc4NTk.swf

Day 4 September 19th
Got all the interior out. Got some dry ice and got all the sound deadening out. Started doing the boxes for the roll cage.

Day 5 September 20th
Was working on the rollcage with the guys. Trying to replicate some nascar bars haha. Test fitted 2jz block to see the fitment.
f**king engine mounts from zero lab are total worthless shit. They way they space the mounts is impossible. They don't even line up.
Had to get one mount copied here and used the same mount on both sides. The only way it looked like it could work out and it did )))

Day 6 September 21th
Run out of tube for rollcage. Started on the rear subframe. Made some solid mount raise rear subframe mounts.
Also got some parts in. 4 rear 2 pot calipers for my car. 2jz AT bellhosuing for some experiments. Which are really f**king going to happen.
And some premade brackets to run individual 2 pot calipers for hydro handbrake.
Got the suspension arms from my old car. China spec. But worked on daily every day for 2 years no problem.

Last edited by robots; 10-31-2011 at 03:33 AM.. Reason: upload of new vids
robots is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
robots
Leaky Injector

Day 7 September 23rd
Pretty much done on the roll cage. I wish we could use more time on that. But its a race against time

Finished assymbling the rear suframe and fitted on car. 2 calipers on each side + driftworks knuckles a present from my friend.
Should be pretty good for drifting haha

Test fitted the turbo and tried the 2jz-ge+t down pipe. Should work out pretty good,

Day 8 September 24
More pics of the turbo. Look at the double flappers. Haha. This thing has some mighty actuator opening at 2bar.
Had do ditch all that crap and run it wastegate. Which was the original idea.

Guy is doing his magic. Doing the wiring. He is pro and this job is for him. He tunes HKS Vpros.

Got some ideas from SerialNine X8 a long time ago. Just couldn't realise it earlier.
Also twin wastegates. Chinese 38mm. Which seezed a couple times at the drift event. Making a f**king hussle.
Unbolt, disassamble, sand the valve neck assamble put back in. Don't wanna do that every time right ? )))
I'm cheap ass.

Ended modifying the front crossmember. Moved the steering rack mounts forward by 2.5cm to help cure the stuck steering at lock.
Hate that. Shit worked and I'm happy.

Day 9 September 25
Front suspension fit - ok! Crossmember in - ok! Engine in - ok)))
Now was the weak part: doing the driveshaft. No one really knows how to do one. And no balancers around.
There was a 3cm gap between toyota input shaft and nissan rear. I first wanted to make a flange to mate the two together.
But that would take time which we didn't have. Decided to get the nissan flange out and pressed in toyota one and welded shut.
Worked out just right. Redid the driveshaft mount. Worked no problems even past 100mph or 180kph.
Liked how it went.

Nice ghetto style

Old 10-30-2011, 03:44 PM   #3
robots
Leaky Injector

Day 10 September 26th
Had a lazy afternoon. Decided to cut out the front innerfenders out, Tires would rub them on full lock.
I didn't have wheel spacers. So inner fenders had to go. Cut !!!

Maestro continued on his wiring magic, changing inj and coilpacks connectors and rewiring the engine.

Had to modify the downpipe a bit. Not the cleanest job. But it works, right ?

Started mocking up the radiator fitment, intercooler. Will run this cool vicsous fan shroud. From Toyota Crown JZS133.
Which are abundunt here. And manual too W58. If you guys need factory clutch parts I can hook you up

Old 10-30-2011, 03:46 PM   #4
robots
Leaky Injector

Day 11 September 27th
Had to ask guys from a fellow workshop for help. Running out of time.
Did the intercooler piping. Factory radiator support had to go also Instead a nice CUSCO tower bar in its place

Intercooler piping came out pretty short. Will be good for response.

Day 12 September 28 to 29th
Here are the guys wiring up a dashboard. It had to be simple and easy to work on later.

All shit fitted. Bumper on. Now waiting for ecu to be wired in. It was like 3am and didn't start the engine yet.
Had to be in the event place by 8:30AM for practice session. Had to leave 2 hours for the road.

Pretty much all finished. Engine will start soon. No head lights this time No tail lights either.
Gonna drive 100kms to event on highway. Haha. Dangerous stuff

http://www.56.com/u80/v_NjQzMDc4Mjk.html
http://player.56.com/v_NjQzMDc4Mjk.swf

And by 6:30AM the engine started. Packed some stuff and left.
Car was tuned on the road to the event. )))

Last edited by robots; 10-31-2011 at 03:42 AM..
Old 10-30-2011, 03:47 PM   #5
robots
Leaky Injector

Here are a few vids. They are hosted on chinese youtube-like website.
Youtube is actually banned in china, so its harder for me to get there fast.
Those will work for now

First is Top16 battle with Taiwanese drifter ZhangShenJun. In pink S13. SDT means Shanghai Drift Team.
I hope they will have STDs. I thought I lost that battle. But the gudges decided to let me through.
Since they could see how that guy straitened out couple times during my lead run.
Ohhh. When chasing him, I hit the wall pretty hard. You can see the rear quarter damage haha. Didn't straiten out though.
Btw. I'm using 4th gear on this run. All 4th gear. No shifting. Only abusing the clutch. I didn't think it would work, but it did.
I ran 4.3 final gear.
http://player.56.com/v_NjMzNDQ5NzI.swf
http://www.56.com/u3...jMzNDQ5NzI.html
Same vid, different angle.
http://player.56.com/v_NjQzMDkzNTA.swf
http://www.56.com/u17/v_NjQzMDkzNTA.html

Last edited by robots; 10-31-2011 at 04:35 AM..
Old 10-30-2011, 03:47 PM   #6
robots
Leaky Injector

Top 8 battles next. And I had to run with Daigo Saito. The X-chassis king of drift lol.
He was driving chinese S15 with sequential gearbox and NOS. Chinese guys have money
Anyway, one more time to say that I suck at chasing. Or drifting close. Saito was using inner line, which was not the gudged drift line.
They wanted for us to do one more time. But.... Anyway you will see what happened later.
It will be pretty entertaining.
WDS 2011 TOP8 DAIGO SAITO VS ??? -???? ???? ????-56???
http://player.56.com/v_NjMzOTY3MjI.swf
Old 10-30-2011, 03:48 PM   #7
robots
Leaky Injector

Some car camera action from the run with Saito. \
Guy at the starting line assigned me for lead run on 1st run. But Saito went forward.
I didn't get it but f**k that and I went chasing. And R154 gearbox maybe good when new.
But when all the plastic parts wear out. It shifts like shit. I had to use one gear only to drift.
Couldn't leave a chance for upshift or downshift. So 3rd gear here.
WDS 2011 TOP8 DAIGO SAITO VS ??? car camera -???? ???? ????-56???
http://player.56.com/v_NjM0MjIwNTk.swf

Some action pics I've found over on chinese internet:

Old 10-30-2011, 03:49 PM   #8
robots
Leaky Injector

and of course the fail pics Will start with some other guys and get to my ones haha))

Old 10-30-2011, 03:49 PM   #9
robots
Leaky Injector

My first attempt lol As you can see the left rear quater is still in good shape. I brushed it on the wall a couple of times.
Not because I'm so evil drifter, but because my tires sucked!!! 235/45/17. It felt like ice skating there.
Anyway. My steering pump died on one of the practice sessions and I continued without the powersteering.
Needless to say I didn't have fun for a long time. Coutersteering with no power sucks. Need to go to gym or smth.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:50 PM   #10
robots
Leaky Injector

And the most epic fail of the night

Old 10-30-2011, 03:54 PM   #11
ezza
Zilvia Junkie

ezza is an unknown quantity at this point
keep em coming, this is getting good!

edit, wow, i didnt mean that^ i posted that a whileback

sorry to see what happened
ezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:59 PM   #12
MikeyMikee
Leaky Injector

MikeyMikee is an unknown quantity at this point
what happend????????
MikeyMikee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:00 PM   #13
breetime

breetime is an unknown quantity at this point
this is insane lol.
great work on gettin shit done!
breetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:26 PM   #14
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
crazy build man, i did it.
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:36 PM   #15
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
what is the deal with the fire????
Old 10-30-2011, 04:37 PM   #16
SubIElove
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
SubIElove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Holy crap. Just make it a missle. Why did it catch fire? Faulty wiring?
SubIElove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:19 PM   #17
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
All that hard work down the tubes... What's up with the fire?
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:20 PM   #18
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubIElove View Post
Why did it catch fire?
Made in China.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:27 PM   #19
satek
Leaky Injector

satek is an unknown quantity at this point
excellent for 10 day build!!
satek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:11 PM   #20
robots
Leaky Injector

http://www.56.com/u4...jM0MDIwMTQ.html
[media]http://player.56.com/v_NjM0MDIwMTQ.swf[/media]

On the OMT run with Saito. About 30mis after the first run.
Judges said they had some communication problem and couldn't get us on the track last time.
I changed one tire at the rear. Different tread and direction, also thinner wheel.
Went to chase Saito. Start in 2nd gear, shift to 3rd and nailed it in. Was nervous to get too much of a distance between us. So stayed on the throttle through first corner. I did realize my rear grip sucked. It was my mistake and it pretty much sums up my driving skills((
The most I thought is about Saito in the front and that maybe I would clip the outer wall just a bit
But I fucking lost it)) Rear hit the wall to deep and I stayed on the throttle thinking I would be able to steer it out of the wall. And all it did is smash my front and trail it down the wall more. Anyway it was my mistake and it pretty much sums up my driving skills((
Oil cooler was on the left side. It was the first thing to get busted by the mighty concrete.
Oil drops on to something hot and I get fire. Seeing fire near your right foot is not a pleasant site.
Don't do that at home haha. Jumped out of the fucking car as soon as I could. Knocking down the track marshal or smth.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:26 PM   #21
robots
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezza View Post
keep em coming, this is getting good!

edit, wow, i didnt mean that^ i posted that a whileback

sorry to see what happened
Its cool, man. I'm alright. And thats matters most, right! Thanks for dropping by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMikee View Post
what happend????????
Oil got on to the exhaust and cought on fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breetime View Post
this is insane lol.
great work on gettin shit done!
I wasn't alone man. Its possible to do that alone, but you had to be a Chuck Norris or smth. haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahotuner View Post
crazy build man, i did it.
Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 @ fullboost View Post
what is the deal with the fire????
Oil cooler got smashed from the first hit on the concrete. Engine was still on. And oil just spilled everywhere, cathing fire eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubIElove View Post
Holy crap. Just make it a missle. Why did it catch fire? Faulty wiring?
It is a fucking missile, man haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
All that hard work down the tubes... What's up with the fire?
Car won't be scrapped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Made in China.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satek View Post
excellent for 10 day build!!
Thanks! Really tried hard for that one. Getting a good sleep after all that shit was the best thing out there.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:31 PM   #22
RandallSharp
Zilvia Member

RandallSharp is an unknown quantity at this point
That's epic. I thought the fire was horrible until I saw you basically ran over the guy. That shit literally made me laugh out loud.
RandallSharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:06 PM   #23
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
That's not bad for all chinese parts imo. Just goes to show that money isn't everything.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:02 AM   #24
robots
Leaky Injector

http://player.56.com/v_NjM2Mzc4NzQ.swf
2011WDS

20:58-27:19 First TOP8 run with Saito.
74:35-81:10 OMT and Napalm Death)))
Old 10-31-2011, 12:12 AM   #25
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
jdm2191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
this was a true "Plug-N-Play car lol
Old 10-31-2011, 12:39 AM   #26
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
damn, was a pretty cool build man. wanna sell me that front swaybar? haha, nah but seriously i'd be interested.
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:14 AM   #27
Pray And Spray
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Pray And Spray is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
dude that is fuckin epic.
glad your ok though!

was your sponsor mad about the crash?
Pray And Spray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:07 AM   #28
robots
Leaky Injector

http://player.56.com/v_NjM0OTk3NTI.swf
DSCF0020 -???? ???? ????-56???

Some of my practice runs. HKS Fcon VPro had some error resulting in having a very early RPM cut. You can hear it from the video. I was so stocked and tired that I didn't care nor I watched a tacho. I thought I was so mega cool that I could reach the 7500 rpm fuel cut lol)))
When red s13 240sx convertible left, I had barely no powersteering left. Which resulted in my first understeer crush haha.
All others were oversteer haha.

I mushed my oil cooler on that run. So while my friend was looking for a spare oil cooler for me. I borrowed a car from a friend. 240SX S13 Convertible with RB25 that we put new turbo someway during the build of my A31. Here me having some sideways fun in S13.
http://player.56.com/v_NjQzMDcxMzE.swf
WDS 2011

http://player.56.com/v_NjQzMDcyODI.swf
WDS 2011
Old 10-31-2011, 05:53 AM   #29
Chris_K

Chris_K is an unknown quantity at this point
Where did you get that rear bracket for the dual caliper setup? Does it fit snug?
Chris_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:37 AM   #30
chinabean
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
chinabean is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Wow...10 day build, drifted like a boss, crashed it and caught it on fire too lol