Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-05-2019, 07:02 PM   #1
Hlsilver

Trader Rating: (0)
Hlsilver is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'95 Burned ECU

Sup guys. Picked up an '95 a few weeks ago, ran fine aside from some power loss above 4k RPM. Drove it several hours home and hadn't had any issues with it.

Fast forward to last Saturday morning I ran some errands in the car and then washed it. Pulled it into my carport to dry it off and check the CEL (5speed swap) at which point the car wouldn't start. Would turn over but not run. After testing a bunch of stuff I remembered the car came with a spare Nistune ECU. Sure enough, the car ran fine (even better than before, no power loss at 4k, pulled HARD) with the Nistune although it had a weird fuel cut at 5.5k and ran pretty rich. Picked up a manual stock ECU today and the car runs as it did with the original ECU, although the power loss at 4k isn't as noticeable.

Today I cracked open the original ECU and found a pretty significant burn. My understanding of wiring schematics, pinouts, etc is extremely lacking, but as far as I can tell it's the #38 pin. Looking at the FSM it seems #38 goes to the distributor. Can anyone confirm this? Assuming this is correct, is it as simple as checking the wiring between the ECU and distributor to make sure I don't keep frying ECU's?

Last edited by Hlsilver; 06-08-2019 at 04:20 PM..
Hlsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links