Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-08-2020, 12:46 PM   #601
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Meanwhile in CA..

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Escondido/...7/home/3900715

$450k for a house less than 1,000 sq. ft. near schools rated 4/10 in an average city

Then if you want to live in a really good neighborhood with good schools you need to drop closer to 7-800k. https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Diego/...9/home/4977932

You pretty much have to commute 2 hours to work one way just to make a livable wage and live in a half-decent neighborhood that's affordable. Gonna scope out CO in December as a possible exit strategy out of this depressing state.
That was me last year. Sold our house for $520k to upgrade school/neighborhood for the kids. My drive to work is 12 minutes instead of 20 minutes. There's no science or formula to it, you just have to make it work for you, some people end up going out of state. I happily pay the sunshine tax.
Old 07-11-2020, 05:26 PM   #602
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sneak peek at the new house via my new Stihl battery mower. The Tesla (minus the quality issues) of mowers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-2020, 09:21 PM   #603
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Sneak peek at the new house via my new Stihl battery mower. The Tesla (minus the quality issues) of mowers.

House and property look promising. Cant wait to see more of it.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:56 AM   #604
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
House and property look promising. Cant wait to see more of it.
Thanks. Big plans for it inside and out. Should be 7 figures (rest of the neighborhood is $800-$1.XX) when we?re done. Although we?re not planning on selling this one until the kids are done with school.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:19 PM   #605
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Looks nice. Any reason why you went with black top vs concrete or pavers?
It was mainly a budget decision.
Old 07-15-2020, 07:44 AM   #606
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post
It was mainly a budget decision.
When I had a driveway extension done at my parents house, concrete vs blacktop had a huge price difference.

For a 8 foot wide by 70 feet long driveway tacked onto the side of the house
Blacktop: $2500-$3000
Concrete: $5400, this was the cheapest guy with quality work who ended up doing it. I had quotes all over the place, I think $11,000 was the highest.

My whole neighborhood has concrete and I didn't wanna be THAT guy with the piece of shit cars AND the blacktop driveway.

Also, Dolph that glossy wood siding looks amazing. Do you know what it's called?
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:32 AM   #607
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
When I had a driveway extension done at my parents house, concrete vs blacktop had a huge price difference.

For a 8 foot wide by 70 feet long driveway tacked onto the side of the house
Blacktop: $2500-$3000
Concrete: $5400, this was the cheapest guy with quality work who ended up doing it. I had quotes all over the place, I think $11,000 was the highest.

My whole neighborhood has concrete and I didn't wanna be THAT guy with the piece of shit cars AND the blacktop driveway.

Also, Dolph that glossy wood siding looks amazing. Do you know what it's called?
Thanks, yeap everyone on my street has blacktop so it might have been too pretentious to go the other way. The house stands out enough on its own.

The wood siding is actually steel. we did this so we dont have to maintain it (seal, stain ect)

https://www.qualityedge.com/vesta/

-Jordie
Old 07-16-2020, 06:02 AM   #608
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Got quotes to have my blacktop driveway redone. $16,000. Concrete would probably $25-$30.

Also fucking pool companies are so swamped here they are aren’t even trying to get new work. 2 quotes so far, one lady came out and was interested and she quotes $80k. Next guy came out and took 1 look and said $100k. We aren’t doing a pool anytime soon.
Old 07-20-2020, 06:47 AM   #609
Bluejayde
Zilvia Junkie

Bluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond repute
Just bought a 2360 SQ FT log home on 2.5 acres with a shop and a pond for 240K. Interest rate on this home was almost a full point lower than our last, which we bought 5 years ago and made $40K when it sold. So glad to be out of the "city"; two assassinations on our block in the short time we lived there, and three separate occasions of people losing control of their vehicles and smashing into the neighbor's house. Plus now I can mow without old ladies pulling up a chair on their porches to watch me...

Shit pic but it's all I have for the moment.

P.S. we sold my wife's 2017 Fuckus to a private seller, for $1200 over dealer trade-in. Got her a 2012 RAV4- last year of the V6. Pretty sure it's faster than my modified Forester XT.
Bluejayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 02:37 PM   #610
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejayde View Post
Just bought a 2360 SQ FT log home on 2.5 acres with a shop and a pond for 240K. Interest rate on this home was almost a full point lower than our last, which we bought 5 years ago and made $40K when it sold. So glad to be out of the "city"; two assassinations on our block in the short time we lived there, and three separate occasions of people losing control of their vehicles and smashing into the neighbor's house. Plus now I can mow without old ladies pulling up a chair on their porches to watch me...

Shit pic but it's all I have for the moment.

P.S. we sold my wife's 2017 Fuckus to a private seller, for $1200 over dealer trade-in. Got her a 2012 RAV4- last year of the V6. Pretty sure it's faster than my modified Forester XT.

Fukn congrats.....8-10yrs im out of fuk face florida and off to carolinas, Tennessee area....want a nice chunk of land, home and shop on the property. Hows the log cabin life?
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 06:00 PM   #611
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Fukn congrats.....8-10yrs im out of fuk face florida and off to carolinas, Tennessee area....want a nice chunk of land, home and shop on the property. Hows the log cabin life?
You'll get house for peanuts up here, especially out there in the mountains.
We escape out to the Appalachians at least once a year and noticed how cheap land out there is.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 06:08 PM   #612
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
You'll get house for peanuts up here, especially out there in the mountains.
We escape out to the Appalachians at least once a year and noticed how cheap land out there is.

Actually just came back from south carolina(anderson), norther georgia (blue ridge)....fucking beautiful! Experience fall colors. Bare trees and cool/cold weather. I loved it and cemented 100% sure im moving. Was house pricing and looking....holy moly...the house/land and property in my lrice range is amazing.. super excited whats to come in the near future.

Oh and i have no idea why anyone would wanna move to south florida..lmao dont.......
Old 11-12-2020, 06:21 PM   #613
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Actually just came back from south carolina(anderson), norther georgia (blue ridge)....fucking beautiful! Experience fall colors. Bare trees and cool/cold weather. I loved it and cemented 100% sure im moving. Was house pricing and looking....holy moly...the house/land and property in my lrice range is amazing.. super excited whats to come in the near future.

Oh and i have no idea why anyone would wanna move to south florida..lmao dont.......
If it is not Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head or Charleston, I am not getting out of my car in South Carolina. Well, maybe Fort Mill which is literally on the NC border, and even then only because one of my brothers lives two miles from said border.
I live down a little east of the foothills, which gives me perfect balance. I can be at the beach in three hours and in the mountains in two, then return home to civilization.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 07:02 PM   #614
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post

Mel,
Where about are you at now a days?
Old 11-12-2020, 07:07 PM   #615
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
If it is not Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head or Charleston, I am not getting out of my car in South Carolina. Well, maybe Fort Mill which is literally on the NC border, and even then only because one of my brothers lives two miles from said border.
I live down a little east of the foothills, which gives me perfect balance. I can be at the beach in three hours and in the mountains in two, then return home to civilization.
Lol anderson farm country was AMAZING. buddy i went up to see that way said if u live out here..have a spare , toolbox, gallon of water and 1/4tank of gas.. its along drive. Oh n dont forget something on ur shopping lift u aint going back for it till next week.

Id luv to live in a farm house, work the land. Not qfraid to work but the wife n kids are not for it lol.

So would be a large home. Forrest land, wouldnt mind not ever seeing my neighbors. But i got some time till that and more money to save.

Ohh we stayed 4 days at tybee island in georgia....wife loved it but it remi ded me of the keys...its nice for vacation but not tryn to live that.
Old 11-13-2020, 08:47 PM   #616
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
Mel,
Where about are you at now a days?

I?m just south of Elmbrook Memorial still in Brookfield.

Where are you guys?

Old 02-25-2021, 11:08 AM   #617
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash n' burn View Post

I lucked out on our house. Closed @ $265K, Market Value of of $315K in 15mo of ownership . House needs a new paint scheme and bathroom updates but should be able to eek out $350K without much effort.

Man, did I end up underestimating this. Wife and I woke up one morning about a month ago and said lets build a new house. Called up my friend to list it, another to toss on a fresh coat of paint inside and it went live a week later. $375K cash, 20 over asking, under contract in 11hrs with a 2 week close.

Shit is absolutely ridiculous right now. I don't know how much more this market is going to peak because we're hitting an affordability cap on new homes for like 75% of the people living here so we cashed in now. I think at the date of listing, there were 278? homes for sale in a county with almost 800k people living in it.

Old 02-25-2021, 02:39 PM   #618
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Yeah man, it?s crazy out there. Just for reference/LOLZ for later

We are looking right at the outer limits of a major city and getting into the suburbs
-made an offer for 25k over asking on a house, lost it to someone who paid 40 over asking with them waiving a home inspection.
-another house we saw was not even worth whatever the asking price was (atleast 30 year old bathrooms and kitchen, needed renovation for most of the house) that went for 30 over asking.

My realtor personally has handled a client who paid 60 over in a shitty part of town.

So yeah, go right ahead people. I can wait till things calm down, no money burning a hole in my pocket.

collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 01:33 PM   #619
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
well, I always knew this house was going to be a minor investment and make a decent profit; I just didn't think we were going to make a move like this for another year or 2.

We could of held on to it as rental income, we already were approved for financing with that house still on the books. I just have no interest in being a land lord and its too big IMO to make a comfortable monthly profit. I'm sure things will calm down but material costs keep jumping up is our problem. build costs in the new development have jumped 100k over last year and up 10k already since we met with the builder in January.
Old 02-26-2021, 03:00 PM   #620
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash n' burn View Post
$375K cash, 20 over asking, under contract in 11hrs with a 2 week close.

We did the same thing in the fall. decided to sell and move out of the Toronto Area. Our house sold for 125K over asking in just 1 week. We walked away with almost 700K above and beyond what we had into the property.

Our new house is on 2 acres in the woods, 4 car garage and half the price.

Either way glad to take advantage of the current housing situation.
Old 02-26-2021, 04:41 PM   #621
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Damn dude! Your new property looks like a hell of an opportunity. I’m happy for you!
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 06:08 PM   #622
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
We did the same thing in the fall. decided to sell and move out of the Toronto Area. Our house sold for 125K over asking in just 1 week. We walked away with almost 700K above and beyond what we had into the property.

Are you commuting to work further? Within reason, I'd always trade some proximity to the city for more space. My wife and I purchased a house this past December in the outskirts of San Diego country and my commute went from 30min to an hour, which is still acceptable imo. We went from renting an 800 sq ft condo w/ a shared single carport to a 3000sq ft house with a 3-car garage so I'm definitely enjoying that.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 07:29 PM   #623
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Damn dude! Your new property looks like a hell of an opportunity. I’m happy for you!
Thanks we cant wait to start making it our own once winter is over and the snow clears

Quote:
Are you commuting to work further? Within reason, I'd always trade some proximity to the city for more space. My wife and I purchased a house this past December in the outskirts of San Diego country and my commute went from 30min to an hour, which is still acceptable imo. We went from renting an 800 sq ft condo w/ a shared single carport to a 3000sq ft house with a 3-car garage so I'm definitely enjoying that.
Sounds like a great change of pace.

We moved everything and got new jobs in and around our new town. The commute is a little more distance wise but with zero traffic. Cost of living is 1/3 what it was in the city and our household income has even gone up by 10% so we are really enjoying the new lifestyle.
Old 03-01-2021, 05:24 PM   #624
Alex Mcknz

Alex Mcknz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

It looks spacious, congratulations on your new home.
Alex Mcknz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 07:40 AM   #625
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Moved in a month or so ago. Finally got a everything unpacked and somewhat and set up. Now its time to start on the detached garage.

Its going to need insulation and "finishing" . Ive started replacing the old florecent tubes with Barrina LED Tubes. Unfortunately the trusses in the top arnt quite high enough for a full size lift. I am thinking of going down the maxjax route early this summer.

-Jordie
Old 08-21-2021, 06:25 PM   #626
shaggyjake
Zilvia Member

shaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choices
Just picked up the keys for our house in Imperial Beach, CA (San Diego)

Closed for $670k at 2 percent fixed interest.

1800 sq ft, 4 bedrooms, 24x20 ft garage. Doesn't need much except for paint and getting rid of the carpet in favor of tile floor. Thinking terracotta/saltillo or something. Very excited and absolutely nervous about the prospect of owning.
shaggyjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 09:38 AM   #627
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyjake View Post

1800 sq ft, 4 bedrooms, 24x20 ft garage. Doesn't need much except for paint and getting rid of the carpet in favor of tile floor. Thinking terracotta/saltillo or something. Very excited and absolutely nervous about the prospect of owning.
Dude, thats a solid rate. I'm watching them extremely closely myself. I have hopes everything will remain where they're at currently until the 1st of the year but my new neighbor worried me heavy yesterday. They had to pay in to lock theirs and its still 2.99%. Hopefully its because they did a long term lock. I'm hoping to be closer to 2.2-2.5. Only a few more months of slumming it in an apartment for us.

Old 08-24-2021, 04:44 PM   #628
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Quote:

how did you get 2%? Thats crazy low
Old 08-24-2021, 05:39 PM   #629
shaggyjake
Zilvia Member

shaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choices
Quote:
how did you get 2%? Thats crazy low
All three of my credit scores were in the 800?s to start.
When I got my first loan offer it wasn?t great. 2.9 percent with 12k in closing costs. I immediately started showing it to other agencies and made them compete for my money basically.

Ended at 2 percent with 5k closing costs.
shaggyjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 09:35 PM   #630
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
All three of my credit scores were in the 800?s to start.

When I got my first loan offer it wasn?t great. 2.9 percent with 12k in closing costs. I immediately started showing it to other agencies and made them compete for my money basically.

Ended at 2 percent with 5k closing costs.
I'd say 2.9 is the norm right now. You scored man, congrats.