Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 05-05-2017, 09:58 AM   #1
snow hawk
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
snow hawk is making a name for him/her selfsnow hawk is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 S14 drawing power when car is off? HELP!

Sup fellow zilvians;

I bought this bone stock base model s14 a couple weeks ago. I noticed it had a weak start, and we chalked it up to a battery that was too small. Last night, the battery was dead, so I swapped it with a known good battery, and car started right up, even easier than it had previously. I turned it off, let it sit for a bit while I put tools away, and came back, and weak start again. I drove to a buddies, hung out there for a few hours, and started it up with a weak start again. I came out to my car this morning and the battery is bone dead. I previously noted a beeping when the door was open, and I realized that my key could be pulled out without the ignition being off, but I remedied it by turning the key all the way off and pushing the key release button, and that stopped it, but now the battery is dead. Anyone know where I should start to see what's drawing power? This car is my daily and I really need it to be running... Please help!

Thanks in advance!

V/r
Mike
Old 05-06-2017, 07:38 PM   #2
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hook up a multimeter in series with the battery. Pull fuses until the current draw drops
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 11:11 AM   #3
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
Hook up a multimeter in series with the battery. Pull fuses until the current draw drops
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFCT-YZbU5o

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 01:09 PM   #4
snow hawk
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
snow hawk is making a name for him/her selfsnow hawk is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thank you gents! I think the alternator is part of the problem right now, but I still may have a draw problem. I'll use the tips you guys sent, thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk