Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Japan 日本

Old 01-20-2014, 05:48 PM   #1
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
KevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Planning a trip to Japan

I can afford a trip to Japan now and I want to go within the next year, but I would like some advice on planning my trip so I come here to ask a few questions.

- Where is a good area to stay where I can relatively easily access tracks and shops, such as meihan/ebisu/bihoku and up garage/other tuner shops.

- What is the best time of year to go and what is a decent amount of time to stay to enjoy as much as possible.

- Is it easy to rent a missile, I drift here in the states so I have experience but would love to experience grass roots in the mainland.
Just spoke to Jesse Streeter and told me power vehicles is a good place to rent from, will be contacting them.

I think that's all the questions I have, thank you in advance for any answers you have.

http://milktea-man.com
KevinEdgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2014, 04:21 AM   #2
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
I can afford a trip to Japan now and I want to go within the next year, but I would like some advice on planning my trip so I come here to ask a few questions.

- Where is a good area to stay where I can relatively easily access tracks and shops, such as meihan/ebisu/bihoku and up garage/other tuner shops.
- Depends on which track. Most of the tracks are a few hours away from Tokyo. Hardest part is always getting from Tokyo, specially for somebody who doesnt know their way around and doesn't speak japanese. I say you're best bet is find somebody who's gone before and go with them.

- What is the best time of year to go and what is a decent amount of time to stay to enjoy as much as possible.
- Stay until you run out of money. Between hotel room, food, transportation, track/rental fee, alcohol...you'd be a pauper real quick.

- Is it easy to rent a missile, I drift here in the states so I have experience but would love to experience grass roots in the mainland.
Just spoke to Jesse Streeter and told me power vehicles is a good place to rent from, will be contacting them.

I think that's all the questions I have, thank you in advance for any answers you have.
- Go jump in facebook and look up Gaijin Smash. Alot of those guys are folks who used to or still live in mainland and goes up to Drift Matsuri every year. A few either has a track slut in Ebisu or rents one out. It would be a great idea to either jump in with one of them or they can atleast show you the way.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:44 AM   #3
akaina240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
akaina240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinEdgar View Post

Japanese native here

Best time to go is April since that is when the cherry blossoms bloom and the weather is pretty good. Decent amount of time is 2-3 weeks just chillin and goofing around Tokyo. If your gonna go visit tracks and those areas, maybe add a week.
akaina240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:29 PM   #4
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

KevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to all
Thanks for the info guys. So far I'm planning to go for 2-3 weeks at the end of March. Will be visiting Ebisu mainly, Kunio from GTR Garage shot me a couple of sites to find places to stay. I am looking to save 10K for the trip and hoping to pick up a ps13 or r32 while I am there.

And if the stars align properly in the near future my airframe may be getting stationed in Japan, which then I would extend, possibly re-enlist.

But I will still be very thankful for any more information you guys can give me.

Old 02-10-2014, 03:38 AM   #5
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaina240 View Post
Japanese native here

Best time to go is April since that is when the cherry blossoms bloom and the weather is pretty good. Decent amount of time is 2-3 weeks just chillin and goofing around Tokyo. If your gonna go visit tracks and those areas, maybe add a week.
Best time indeed however Flight, Hotel etc will be extra expensive because it.

I'd pick May~June or Oct-Nov time frame.
Tokyo would be the best bet. Close many famous tracks (Tsukuba, Ebisu, Nikko, etc) but definitely will be very difficult to go around if you don't have a car.

For a 1st timer, I wouldn't recommend to rent a car especially if you don't speak/read Japanese.
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:48 AM   #6
K_style
Post Whore!

K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Quote:
I am looking to save 10K for the trip and hoping to pick up a ps13 or r32 while I am there.
I just came back from Japan to shop around for cars. You won't find clean 1989 R32 GTR for $10k easily due to price inflation. Plus even you find a car, most likely the price is FOB and you will have to spend more money on logistic plus US Customs.

Not sure but I don't see much point of importing S13.

Besides, you will need more than a few days or weeks to purchase a car in japan.

easiest way is to find an exporter who already in business but those places won;t have any cars in stock. You will need to purchase from auction through the exporter.

Buying a car from local dealership or private party is possible but you will have to deal with de-registering the vehicle so you can export it which you will need to know how to speak/write/read in Japanese.

Buying a car ain't easy as you think.

Last edited by K_style; 02-10-2014 at 05:56 AM..
Old 02-10-2014, 05:08 AM   #7
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
I just came back from Japan to shop around the car. You won't find clean 1989 R32 GTR for $10k easily due to price inflation. Plus even you find a car, most likely the price is FOB and you will have to spend more money on logistic plus US Customs.

Not sure but I don't see much point of importing S13.

Besides, you will need more than a few days or weeks to purchase a car in japan.

easiest way is to find an exporter who already in business but those places won;t have any cars in stock. You will need to purchase from auction through the exporter.

Buying a car from local dealership or private party is possible but you will have to deal with de-registering the vehicle so you can export it which you will need to know how to speak/write/read in Japanese.

Buying a car ain't easy as you think.
If he wants an S13, why not just get this?
1988 KS13 Nissan Silvia K's Hicas II - Japanese Classics

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 02-10-2014, 01:54 PM   #8
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
prepare your mind for the best steak you will taste in your life. Or else your head will explode
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:16 PM   #9
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

I understand that the process of buying a vehicle for importing is long but I am NOT planning on taking the vehicle back to the states. Will be purchased strictly for track purposes. I read that Power Vehicles can store cars for a small montly fee in which I would be returning yearly to drive the car.

Ideally I would want to pick up a 4 door r32 gtst. If not, pretty much any rwd manual car within reason.

Best steak huh, I have recently acquired a fancy for rare steak.

I really wish there were somebody here on the forums who could host my first trip (I would cover my own expenses obviously) and show me the ways.

Thank you all for the info, I will be comparing prices of stay from the popular spring to the summer.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:35 PM   #10
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
I understand that the process of buying a vehicle for importing is long but I am NOT planning on taking the vehicle back to the states. Will be purchased strictly for track purposes. I read that Power Vehicles can store cars for a small montly fee in which I would be returning yearly to drive the car.

Ideally I would want to pick up a 4 door r32 gtst. If not, pretty much any rwd manual car within reason.

Best steak huh, I have recently acquired a fancy for rare steak.

I really wish there were somebody here on the forums who could host my first trip (I would cover my own expenses obviously) and show me the ways.

Thank you all for the info, I will be comparing prices of stay from the popular spring to the summer.
Japanese government issues an "Y" plate for all the foreigners. and most dealerships are not really familiar with that. Plus I am not quite sure if a tourist can register the vehicle on their name.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:52 AM   #11
kinectx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
kinectx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

Stay away from yokosuka, Our navy base is there and they might mistaken you as a US military service man, We have strict rules and if your out over night pass 12am, the Japan police will come pick you up. Overall, Tokyo is nice, BUT overall JAPAN is VERY expensive. Oh yeah, Train will be your best friend, they close at midnight, roponngi and shibuya is the best place for clubs and girls. have fun.
kinectx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:47 AM   #12
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

K style, from what I understand, track only vehicles do not require registration right?

Thanks for the tip kinectx, definitely don't want to have a night ruined over a misunderstanding.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:06 AM   #13
shomo172
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
shomo172 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Honestly it's more work than it's worth to buy cars, but that's cause id rather just move to japan and buy a car while living there. But if you're looking to visit, I know some super cheap hotels in tokyo and osaka if you're interested. I always stay at them.
shomo172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:18 PM   #14
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
Japanese government issues an "Y" plate for all the foreigners. and most dealerships are not really familiar with that. Plus I am not quite sure if a tourist can register the vehicle on their name.
No they dont issue Y plates for all foreigners. Y plates are strictly for military/SOFA status (working for the US military) folks in Japan. If you are a foreigner living as a resident in Japan, you get a regular kanji plate like everybody else.

Quote:
K style, from what I understand, track only vehicles do not require registration right?

Thanks for the tip kinectx, definitely don't want to have a night ruined over a misunderstanding.
Problem you'd have is getting a car you bought to the track. Towing it isnt going to be cheap. Then there's still the legality of you buying a car when you're not a resident. Your cheapest option is getting on with somebody who already has a car at the track or brings theirs down there. Message Luvs2slide, he was planning on going half on a car with another buddy of ours, to have a track slut at Ebisu. Might be able to jump in with him.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 04-07-2014, 12:07 PM   #15
Car6on14

Car6on14 is an unknown quantity at this point
interesting on that 88 coupe, I thought hicas was only in hatches, guess maybe not in japan...

I've been to japan twice, its been awhile but if you are going 3 weeks and want to go all over the JR tourist rail pass is an option: http://www.japanrailpass.net/eng/en002.html

I went with a friend so we could split hotel, I could not have afforded it by mself, grab a friend you can trust from here and your golden, flights are actually cheaper from CA, I flew from JFK.

The next time I went was w/ the Dsport Tokyo auto salon tour, it was alot of car stuff which was what I wanted, the first time we just didnt find alot.

Tokyo auto salon was sooo much better then the philly and NYC car shows by me, loved it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5fyK0LDLo8

Up garage had cool parts and some cars forsale: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTfC...YGJRYnixYFzh8w

I have no idea how you would actually buy one though, and I dont speak japanese.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:33 AM   #16
TunedJapan

TunedJapan is an unknown quantity at this point
If you need help planning a trip. I live here in Japan and would be happy to show you around...
TunedJapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:13 PM   #17
doke! ドリフト
Zilvia Junkie

doke! ドリフト is an unknown quantity at this point
November 15&16th 2014 is the next matsuri trip gaijin smash has planned. I'll be there from nov 8th-19th that's 1 week of straight drifting at ebisu(I'm buying a PV missile just like you)

Then after matsuri 16-19th we'll be staying in Tokyo to party down for a few nights in the city.

We're all active duty AF so we stay at base lodging for cheaps on Yokota and Hardy barracks in downtown Tokyo. And the week we stay at ebisu it's free to stay in the tatami rooms we rent camping gear and stoves etc from yokota outdoor rec.

We have every detail of our trips planned out on a budget using our military resources and it works out awesome!

Lmk if you're still trying to go I can help a fellow AF brotha out
Old 04-26-2014, 08:19 PM   #18
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Why stay at base lodging all the way in Yokota? Did you guys see if New Sanno has openings? Place is only 1 stop away from Roppongi. That or you can find decent sized hotels in Tokyo for less than $90, saves you the trip from going back and forth from Yokota to Tokyo.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 04-26-2014, 09:08 PM   #19
shomo172
Zilvia Member

shomo172 is an unknown quantity at this point
How much is the base? I know of a cheap hotel in Ueno that is only 7500 yen for a twin bed room. That's less than 40 a night per person.
shomo172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:48 AM   #20
doke! ドリフト
Zilvia Junkie

doke! ドリフト is an unknown quantity at this point
Ray it works out like this...fly into narita take the shuttle gray hound to yokota, get our rooms for only 2-3 days while we get the rental 15 passenger van, pickup our tire order(64 tires last year) pack the vans, rent tents sleeping bags gas stove etc etc from outdoor rec, pickup a few cars last year that we shipped from oki, basically prepare for the week stay at ebisu those first few days. That's why yokota first then after matsuri when we stay in Tokyo for a few days we stay at hardy barracks it's in roppongi.

Hotel rooms on base you can snag for under $50 a night split that between a group and it's almost free lol
Old 08-24-2015, 09:53 AM   #21
TunedJapan

TunedJapan is an unknown quantity at this point
Kevin, we are located in Tokyo and would be happy to show you around when we can. Tokyo is not so hard to get around once you understand the basics of getting, which we will gladly teach you. As far as shops, that is easy enough. We are connected to many, many shops. Please PM me for more details. Thank you.
TunedJapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 02:44 PM   #22
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Okay, well after years of wanting to make this dream trip happen. I have finally made the first step towards it. I purchased this 1993 silvia via powervehicles and will be flying out for a couple week during spring matsuri, if you're planning on being there please say hello.

Old 02-01-2017, 04:13 PM   #23
Maxstyle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
Maxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Thats great. Andy has our R33 GTST there too from when we went to D.M. Last November. I remember seeing that car there. It looked great. You'll have tons of fun. Recommendation is to bring a valve stem core remover and tire pressure gauge of your own. It gets so crowded at the tire machines and little things like that always get lost. Make clearance on the chassis where couplers will be close to rubbing because you end up doing so a bit by the end of your trip. Specifically by the intercooler piping through the holes behind the headlights (hot side and cold side). It's dirty as hell so bring a tarp to lay on if you want to do adjustments under the car. I took a small impact gun of my own. Battery much be in your carry on and cannot go in your regular luggage. The impact gun can but regulations prohibit batteries to go under the plane. Bring some extra studs with you. Even if it's just the cheap ones from circuit sport. You may need it. Perhaps also a set of lug nuts like muteki sr48 open ended so you start off with fresh lug nuts. Get there the day before and work on the car. not the day of. Enjoy sir.
Maxstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 04:36 PM   #24
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxstyle View Post
Thats great. Andy has our R33 GTST there too from when we went to D.M. Last November. I remember seeing that car there. It looked great. You'll have tons of fun. Recommendation is to bring a valve stem core remover and tire pressure gauge of your own. It gets so crowded at the tire machines and little things like that always get lost. Make clearance on the chassis where couplers will be close to rubbing because you end up doing so a bit by the end of your trip. Specifically by the intercooler piping through the holes behind the headlights (hot side and cold side). It's dirty as hell so bring a tarp to lay on if you want to do adjustments under the car. I took a small impact gun of my own. Battery much be in your carry on and cannot go in your regular luggage. The impact gun can but regulations prohibit batteries to go under the plane. Bring some extra studs with you. Even if it's just the cheap ones from circuit sport. You may need it. Perhaps also a set of lug nuts like muteki sr48 open ended so you start off with fresh lug nuts. Get there the day before and work on the car. not the day of. Enjoy sir.
That's awesome, will you be making it out for the spring matsuri? Glad you can vouch for the condition of the car. I will definitely take note of the tips you gave me, I really wish I could fly with my toolbag (still considering it)

Old 02-01-2017, 06:48 PM   #25
Maxstyle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
Maxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Tetris Luggage Master. HAHAHA. I'm sorry to say that I will not be able to go. Andy will take good care of you. Especially since you bought a car from him. And the Power Vehicle hoodie is really warm. Expensive $70 hoodie but really warm. LOL. It will amaze you how you just blend in with everyone from everywhere. It's not like the US at all. You even become a nicer and more polite person yourself. It just happens. This will be something you remember forever. I do recommend buying your train pass ahead of time (most major subways). I hate those ticket machines. Saves you so much time. Oh and the pocket Wifi to pick up at the airport. That is great too. If you rent a car. Do not get it in tokyo. Rent from a place in Koriyama. Be sure to get you international driver's lic. its very cheap. You will absolutely have to show this. You will also need this to drive the rental and the Shibuya mario karts. Google it. You will shit yourself with excitement.

Maxstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:20 AM   #26
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Nice collection of tools Can't wait to get out there, I will definitely be doing the mario kart thing lol

Old 02-05-2017, 09:39 PM   #27
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I just booked my flights for spring Matsuri. Nice to see someone finally bought that S13. It was certainly a good example, and I wanted to buy it ever since I saw it.

From what I was told by the guys, it was a road race car back in the day. Throw some sticky steerers on it, and it'll be an awesome car.

I've got a bit of maintenance to do to my JZX, and Silvia, when I get out there. What are the dates you'll be there?
240sx_sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:55 AM   #28
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Nice! Yeah when I first saw it come up for sale I wanted it but didn't have all the money to comfortably dump on it at the time, I was surprised that it was still available.

I am buying my airline ticket this week, May 1st-13th, what about you? Would be nice to meet up.

Old 02-07-2017, 06:56 AM   #29
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I'll help.

Maxstyle seems to know what he's talking about. Tire changing tools is a must!

Since you're getting to Japan 2 days before Matsuri, not sure if you be able to make it to an Upgarage. If you can, then you just pick up new studs and used lugnuts there.

Tarp is a good idea if you're out in the open but better advice would be to get there early so you can get a covered bay. I would say 6-8 hours before opening time to get in the front of the line, the waiting line gets long as hell! Make sure you know where you want to be at and how to get there once inside the gate. (North, Minami, etc.) If you don't, then you may lose the bay you wanted. This what I usually do and just bring my onesie if I need to get on the floor and fix something. If you want to buy one for $20-30, go to Don Quijote.

JR Pass would be the better/cheaper option if you plan to use the train a lot. FYI, trains shut down from ~1am-5am.
xpinoyxmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:31 AM   #30
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Nice! Yeah when I first saw it come up for sale I wanted it but didn't have all the money to comfortably dump on it at the time, I was surprised that it was still available.

I am buying my airline ticket this week, May 1st-13th, what about you? Would be nice to meet up.
Oh wow, you're getting there only a few days before Matsuri. I'll be there from April 16-May 6, so we'll get some driving time in together!

We know a few people that are going again, so we'll have a little crew; anything you need, just ask and I'm more than willing to help.

Also, I have a rental car booked, if you don't get one, and need to get anywhere quick. Like 7/11, or such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpinoyxmk View Post
I'll help.

Maxstyle seems to know what he's talking about. Tire changing tools is a must!

Since you're getting to Japan 2 days before Matsuri, not sure if you be able to make it to an Upgarage. If you can, then you just pick up new studs and used lugnuts there.

Tarp is a good idea if you're out in the open but better advice would be to get there early so you can get a covered bay. I would say 6-8 hours before opening time to get in the front of the line, the waiting line gets long as hell! Make sure you know where you want to be at and how to get there once inside the gate. (North, Minami, etc.) If you don't, then you may lose the bay you wanted. This what I usually do and just bring my onesie if I need to get on the floor and fix something. If you want to buy one for $20-30, go to Don Quijote.

JR Pass would be the better/cheaper option if you plan to use the train a lot. FYI, trains shut down from ~1am-5am.
Better yet, just bring studs and lug nuts with you from home. I brought a full arms kit, for S13, the last time we went, and it came in handy when my girlfriend continued to find craters on the side of North Course, lol.

A onesie is a must, for sure. Nothing sucks worse than working on cars, and drifting, in the same gross clothes. They were quite expensive, at the Home Centers, in Japan, so I'd try to find one before you head out.

Our B&B is a KM up the road, from the track, so we can save you a spot, the morning of Matsuri. It gets packed REAL quick. For reference, do NOT show up the night before and park your car in a bay because the track officials will move it with a fork lift. This is to give everyone the opportunity to have a bay.

I'd suggest getting a bay down at Minami. That's where the real fun is, at night. North Course, and school course, also get packed, but school course is within walking distance, so you can just walk up and watch, or its a quick drive to turn some laps.

North Course is SO buggy, even last fall, so I can imagine it's going to be worse in the Spring. The bee's are massive, lol.
240sx_sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote