Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-23-2019, 08:54 AM   #1801
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
lol that will be the new one to use at work! I also like how its the GS model eclipse not the GST or GSX...

I'm also in the boat of need a reliable car...I loved working on my "race cars" every day and I still feel like somethings missing if I'm not working on a car, but times change, body ages and time needs to be spent elsewhere...my STI needed a lot of work to bring it up to my want for reliability, My wife still complains that I still work on it to much, but it is 10 years old and I remind her it is a used car...if I had kept my s13 or fc I could have spent less and brought them up similarly, just like any art or hobby each person has their own wants, I'm sure we will be like those model ts, old guys driving them to and from car shows, in the near future
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2019, 09:15 AM   #1802
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
That is "pay someone $200 to get it smogged and get it impounded if you get pulled over" modified in CA.

I always forget not everyone on Zilvia lives in America.....
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 09:15 AM   #1803
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Heavily modified? Lol, twin disk, injectors and turbo.
Doesn't that also mean standalone, e85 tune, catless turbo-back exhaust, intake, exhaust manifold and a bunch of added gauges and electronics in the interior? lol
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 09:17 AM   #1804
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Doesn't that also mean standalone, e85 tune, catless turbo-back exhaust, intake, exhaust manifold and a bunch of added gauges and electronics in the interior? lol
It's an Evo, not a junky Nissan.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:26 AM   #1805
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Quote:
It's an Evo, not a junky Nissan.
It's a Lancer
Old 10-23-2019, 09:55 AM   #1806
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
It's a Lancer
Lmao......
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:44 AM   #1807
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Re: classifieds. Everything is super low effort now. Facebook marketplace, Craigslist, OfferUp, LetGo... like three shitty pictures and "seling nissn torbo for s13/14 chassy is good shape. upgrdng to griddy torbo. have manfold 2 if u wnt. hit me up"
you forgot these types of listings too

"240sx for sale. has manuel transmishun and clean titul"

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 11:01 AM   #1808
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
It's a Lancer
With a 4G63 and a factory ECU that can be easily tuned, that was my point. It's a not a SR that needs a $15k build sheet to make over 500whp.

As I recall he had a Gredy Cat back, FMIC and FPS stock location turbo with K&N drop in filter. Hardly "heavily modified". Either way, the point holds, no one is picking up a running Evo for under $10k. Idiots that wrote the article likely don't know the difference from a Lancer and Evo.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:33 AM   #1809
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
When is the last time you saw a Kouki Hatch out in the wild? Not at a show or drift event, but just while walking into the Costco.

Everything else is pretty much trash, especially Rocket Bunny.
if i own kouki s13 and kouki s14 does that count?
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 12:51 PM   #1810
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if i own kouki s13 and kouki s14 does that count?
Nope.

Old 10-31-2019, 10:32 AM   #1811
spooled240
Post Whore!

Been an old grumpy asshole reminiscing on the old days with my s14. When it was on lowering springs and had a reasonable amount of ground clearance with durable OEM JDM aero.

Even drove this bitch in the snow lol

The car was so fun to drive back then. I'm seriously contemplating swapping everything back to JDM OEM with just lowering springs/good dampers, sway bars and 18x9's with 255's all around. Then convert the KA-T to a low-key quick-spooling bottom mount setup. Here's to spending thousands of dollars and hours of work just to get back to square one. Fuck me.

/end old grumpy asshole rant
Old 10-31-2019, 12:47 PM   #1812
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That's why I have a track car and am working on a street car. A double-duty car is too compromised.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 02:40 PM   #1813
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Here's to spending thousands of dollars and hours of work just to get back to square one. Fuck me.
Could be worse. You could sell off the cars you've spent years building for no reason other than needing money, then start over again 10 years later with parts harder to come by and with double the drift tax than when you first started. lol

That said, we grow more wise as we age. When I was 20, I didn't give a shit about my AC going out, it just meant MORE POWA. Now I will almost refuse to drive without it. Seeing people rip out A/Cs from 240s BECAUSE RACECAR only to sell the shell 6 months later because they lost interest resulting in a car that'll be THAT MUCH MORE of a pain in the ass to make nice again chaps my butt a little.

But yeah there's something to be said for being comfortable and having fun too.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 08:05 PM   #1814
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
Could be worse. You could sell off the cars you've spent years building for no reason other than needing money, then start over again 10 years later with parts harder to come by and with double the drift tax than when you first started. lol

That said, we grow more wise as we age. When I was 20, I didn't give a shit about my AC going out, it just meant MORE POWA. Now I will almost refuse to drive without it. Seeing people rip out A/Cs from 240s BECAUSE RACECAR only to sell the shell 6 months later because they lost interest resulting in a car that'll be THAT MUCH MORE of a pain in the ass to make nice again chaps my butt a little.

Truth........i feel the exact same way. If i could go back....id keep ac on my drift/stance/dailyish/fanboi build....but like a fool 10yrs ago i want racecar and threw it all away and cut wires out...smh
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:14 AM   #1815
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

jedi03 is on a distinguished road
lol I was just thinking about this Tuesday...its 2 degrees warmer than my office...windows down or ac on? ac for sure...all my 240s I remember sweating it out and thinking just the same...man how much power would I have lost keeping my ac in here! lol!
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 10:15 AM   #1816
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
That's why I have a track car and am working on a street car. A double-duty car is too compromised.
Unless you're planning on winning the 24hr Lemans you can totally track a daily driver and still be competitive. A quick-spooling 300whp SR/KA-T, springs/dampers, r33 wheels, r33 brakes, r33 seats and a roll bar with full interior is all you really need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post

Very true. I was a young idiot, but I had enough sense to keep the A/C intact. I did grow up in the desert, though lol
Old 11-04-2019, 09:03 PM   #1817
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
man did this thread grow! I think last thing I commented about in here was the Fast and the Furious, and that was over 20 pages ago

Anyway, as I was looking through car videos on YT, I came across this video which apparently is new(ish). Though it was pretty interesting and I though I'd share with you. Sorry for my video embedding noob skills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESZorac5a-U
Old 11-05-2019, 11:32 PM   #1818
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Surprised there's no SEMA talk in here. I mean I know the bar is low, but from what I've seen it's pretty much true to predictions. New Supras with wide-bodies and shitty wings. That shitty Polestar that the Kyza guy dreamed up is also hypebeast fucking garbage and is essentially a monument to all ricebox sins. Guys like him and the Supras at SEMA are why the term 'ricer' will never die.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:35 AM   #1819
spooled240
Post Whore!

Surely social media has provided a platform of quantifying attention and cranked up all incentives to out-do one another (sometimes by what appears to be any means necessary), but is it really different than how the import scene used to be in the late 90's and early 2000's? Big wings, underglow, predator-esque front bumpers, etc. There seemed to be no limit to the ridiculousness that was built back then:

The ricer mods now have simply changed to bolt on flares the size of your front door and spoilers built with scaffolding

Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
man did this thread grow! I think last thing I commented about in here was the Fast and the Furious, and that was over 20 pages ago

Anyway, as I was looking through car videos on YT, I came across this video which apparently is new(ish). Though it was pretty interesting and I though I'd share with you. Sorry for my video embedding noob skills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESZorac5a-U
I can't imagine how much R34's will be when they are eligible for import into the US. If I can get a gig in Japan next year I definitely want to get one before they explode in value..I know they are already pretty expensive over there.
Old 11-07-2019, 01:03 PM   #1820
merlz
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
merlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
I can't imagine how much R34's will be when they are eligible for import into the US. If I can get a gig in Japan next year I definitely want to get one before they explode in value..I know they are already pretty expensive over there.
I think you're too late to the party unfortunately. Where i'm from in Australia, the prices have just sky rocketed over the past couple of years. You could get a decent R34 GT-R/V-Spec for close to $50k. Now there is no such thing as a BNR34 for under $80k no matter the condition. Everyone here that own's them has seen the chaos that came from the R32 when it came of age so, all the owners are holding onto them for good prices. R33 will be pretty much the same story just not as bad.
Old 11-07-2019, 02:21 PM   #1821
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlz View Post
I think you're too late to the party unfortunately. Where i'm from in Australia, the prices have just sky rocketed over the past couple of years. You could get a decent R34 GT-R/V-Spec for close to $50k. Now there is no such thing as a BNR34 for under $80k no matter the condition. Everyone here that own's them has seen the chaos that came from the R32 when it came of age so, all the owners are holding onto them for good prices. R33 will be pretty much the same story just not as bad.
Jeez, you're right. That's 997.1 TT territory wtf...
Old 11-14-2019, 07:26 PM   #1822
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Here's a new one: as if Sammit wasn't cringey enough, Okamura-san now has AdamLZ over at the shop. Fuck me man, nothing is sacred.

I know you twats are gonna say Okamura-san has to make money. I get it. It still fucking sucks though.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:01 AM   #1823
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Here's a new one: as if Sammit wasn't cringey enough, Okamura-san now has AdamLZ over at the shop. Fuck me man, nothing is sacred.

I know you twats are gonna say Okamura-san has to make money. I get it. It still fucking sucks though.
The aluminum coffee cans on top of the "borrowed" car was ultra cringe... I'd flip out if someone did that to me.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:35 AM   #1824
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:

is Sammit a yashio factory employee? Im confused. All i know is that Okamura-san helps this dude a ton.

his recent series of videos make it seem like AdamLZ used him for his car and his connect with Okamura-san

So were putting k24s in S chassis now?
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 02:26 PM   #1825
TheBlackHand
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
TheBlackHand is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
is Sammit a yashio factory employee? Im confused. All i know is that Okamura-san helps this dude a ton.

his recent series of videos make it seem like AdamLZ used him for his car and his connect with Okamura-san

So were putting k24s in S chassis now?

I don't believe Sammit is an official employee at Yashio Factory. He just hangs out and works on his car there and I'm guessing Okachan lets him because it's free marketing and brings attention to his business from foreigners.
TheBlackHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 08:49 PM   #1826
merlz
Zilvia Member

merlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to all
Quote:

Yeah i'm not watching anymore. It's getting ridiculously fucking cringe. Shit product placement like he's not trying to advertise future 'flight tag' key chains like every other fucking company. Like fuck off! I get it, you're trying to make money "respect the hustle" bla bla bla but fuck me.

Also the ads within the video are a automatic skip for me.

Last edited by merlz; 11-18-2019 at 03:26 PM..
merlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 10:39 AM   #1827
spooled240
Post Whore!

where is the video of this fuckery? In the mood to feel cringey
Old 11-19-2019, 02:15 AM   #1828
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Hello. I'm happy y'all are still as bitter as me. I am living proof you can live a happy life and still disapprove of bullshit car trends on the internet.
Old 11-19-2019, 07:59 AM   #1829
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
I'm glad I am not the only one cringing at the "new wave". Lets bring back the well written blogs and informative forum posts plz.
Old 11-20-2019, 06:41 AM   #1830
ingmar F
Zilvia Member

ingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
I'm glad I am not the only one cringing at the "new wave". Lets bring back the well written blogs and informative forum posts plz.
Amen! i miss those days..
ingmar F is offline   Reply With Quote