Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Canada > Ontario

Old 04-18-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
nickdestcroix

Trader Rating: (0)
nickdestcroix is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s15 dash in 180sx

So I'm not exactly a very Active member on Zilvia i kinda lurk around every once in a while
But Anyways I'm on son240sx.org all the time

So i've been working on a s15 dash swap for the last little bit and i'm just working out the bugs now having some issues with electrical switches and crap will explain my issues at the bottom of thread

So i started off buying basically the entire S15 Dash in Toronto , all that was missing was the center console 2 vents and the center Bezel, After a Big help from a Forum Member on Son240sx db8 he helped me find the parts i was missing as he's currently in Hong Kong

So heres the Progression Photos in order

So As you can see It literally Just Clears the Stock s13 door panels But it does Clear i will assure you that its not touching or anything as long as you mount the dash very flush it will Clear the doors, At the moment I just have the Stock s13 panels later on i might try and find a set of s15 panels and Throw them in aswell

The Dash itself needed A lot of trimming and work on the underside to fit in properly, the top mounting points underneath the defog vents line up so its mounted where the s13 dash mounts but it needed lots of trimming to fit.

Currently the defog vents are lined up with the stock s13 venting and I'm working on custom venting for the front vents, i have all the stock pieces from both s13 and s15 dash so I'm cutting and making custom pieces to make it all work

So I've extended the Wiring for the hazard Flashers Switch had to do a lot of custom work to that switch, I basically took the s15 button cover and cut up the face of the s13 button and fit the s15 cover over top and remounted it in place, so i didn't have to source out a end connection the rear defog is the exact same connection and I've extended the wiring on that as well, I'm not a smoker so I've remounted my mirror controls currently in the ashtray, i may remount those somewhere else later

I've successfully Connected my rear hatch Glass Sprayer to a push a smaller Push button and the Hatch windshield Wiper to a Rocker Switch

HELP/ Advice Section
My Current Electrical issues Fuse 8 keeps blowing i believe that's for my 4 way/signal lights, I think my signal relay might be dead as well ... i can't get any of it to work right now :/

I'm also having difficulty figuring out the wiring for headlight switch to flip them up and down, i want to just wire it up to a rocker switch

Most Recent Picture

Thanks For Everyone who's taking the time to read through my issues with the conversion thus far any help or suggestion will be greatly Appreciated

Any help or ideas just leave comments or if you'd like to get in direct contact with me about anything specific with the Convertion or if you have any Suggestions You can Email me at
[email protected]

Thanks
Nick
nickdestcroix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2010, 11:12 PM   #2
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
clean! :] f
Old 04-19-2010, 12:33 AM   #3
pancakes562
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (20)
pancakes562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
niiiiiiceeee!!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 12:37 AM   #4
gotspins13
Zilvia Addict

gotspins13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to gotspins13
not help but it does make me want to do this, how much was the dash?

perfectly said! FJ20ET 16 valve - the holy grail of Nissan engines
gotspins13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:08 AM   #5
nickdestcroix

I spent about 600 in total
350 for the dash from toronto
and 250 for the center console and some missing bits and pieces from Hong Kong Shipped within like 4 days

its all in really good condition and I'm sure it would cost you a hell of alot more from nissan

dash came with kick panels s15 climate control s15 plastic wheel wells
i also received another s15 climate control from the center console

So if anyone has heard of anyone hooking up a s15 climate control to a s13 let me know

And yea Any comments are welcome guys haha I'm not saying all i want to hear is help or suggestions

Lay it one me
SICK DASH YO ... lol anything just throw your 2 cents in
Old 04-19-2010, 07:46 AM   #6
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Pretty cool I'd say.
Is the gauge cluster functional yet or will it be?

I just realized how similar S15 dash is to S14 dash w/ a different top piece.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:36 AM   #7
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
hit up GXRJJORDAN (something like that) he's insanely good on these cars and wiring, pretty sure ur gonna need to give him schematics of the s15 wiring if ur using s15 switches and wat not, good luck!

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:08 PM   #8
murderrsirenss
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
murderrsirenss will become famous soon enoughmurderrsirenss will become famous soon enoughmurderrsirenss will become famous soon enoughmurderrsirenss will become famous soon enoughmurderrsirenss will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to murderrsirenss Send a message via AIM to murderrsirenss Send a message via Yahoo to murderrsirenss
thought about trying to wire the popups to the turn switch which looks to be for fogs on the s15?
murderrsirenss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:34 PM   #9
nickdestcroix

^the switch has alot of pins to it ... and i just think the circuit would be to hard to figure out, i talk to a guy in Australia who's provide me with some schematics on the gauge cluster and from what i can tell is its going to be a pain in the ass, currently the car is not actually running as it doesn't have a motor lol that's the next key part lol, as for the Cluster i might just duplicate the look of the s15 by arranging similar sized gauges in a custom cut panel and have it painted and finished nicely, thats kinda finishing touches tho and will not be in anytime soon haha
Old 04-20-2010, 03:31 AM   #10
memintoca

memintoca is an unknown quantity at this point
This might help you out..

S13 to S15 Dash Tech Video - Hardtuned.net
memintoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:51 PM   #11
nickdestcroix

^lol you did help me out your the guy i mentioned haha thanks again
Old 04-20-2010, 12:54 PM   #12
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
thats pretty cool. S15 dash's look nice.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:56 PM   #13
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nice effort. I hate that the door panels don't flow into the dash though. I don't like the gap between the dash and to a pillars either. It just looks like ctrl+c, ctrl+v.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:18 PM   #14
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Nice effort. I hate that the door panels don't flow into the dash though. I don't like the gap between the dash and to a pillars either. It just looks like ctrl+c, ctrl+v.
you literally can fix that by just ripping the fabric off of the doors and add more mold into the doors and shut them to shape around the console. it would look like shit in an s14 mainly because of the door vent system.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:41 PM   #15
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
canada represent

enjoy my nardi
Old 04-20-2010, 07:02 PM   #16
memintoca

memintoca is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdestcroix View Post
^lol you did help me out your the guy i mentioned haha thanks again

No problems...

I will be able to test my wiring on the weekend.. Although I am confident in the wiring diagrams, Otherwise I wouldn't have uploaded them lol..

Digital dash only referenced in my diagrams, until someone donates me a non digital dash wiring loom so I can make up another wiring diagram..

As a side note, I have modified the S15 door cards to fit the s13 doors, it all flows like it should.. I have a tech doco that I havent updated on the ns thread...
memintoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:29 PM   #17
nickdestcroix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
you literally can fix that by just ripping the fabric off of the doors and add more mold into the doors and shut them to shape around the console. it would look like shit in an s14 mainly because of the door vent system.
i have a rough set of spare door panels i might try that with,

.. and to the other guy
it wasent as easy as Copy and Paste .... and who actually types out Ctrl + C Ctrl + V to describe copy and paste ... its just kinda lame in a car forum lol
^ just my thoughts lol

Apart from that thanks for feedback regardless and i've been thinking of different ways to work out the fitment and the gaps and will post any more progress i make
Old 04-21-2010, 04:10 PM   #18
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
lol just to rub this in... LHD conversion.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:07 PM   #19
doublestitch180
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
doublestitch180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Damm a LHD S15 dash hmmmm tempting.
Leather stitching doesnt hurt either.
doublestitch180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:10 AM   #20
DP-AE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
DP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
cup holders :O
Old 04-22-2010, 09:39 PM   #21
lazysk8er2
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
lazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
lhd...now thats tedious work

Quote:
Well i have a 95 240 and i like my cars low... But my parents don't like my wheels tilted
Old 04-22-2010, 09:53 PM   #22
KARMA91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
KARMA91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn =FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
KARMA91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:16 PM   #23
hockeyrules
Zilvia Junkie

hockeyrules is an unknown quantity at this point
where can you get a lhd s15 dash?
hockeyrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:45 AM   #24
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdestcroix View Post
i have a rough set of spare door panels i might try that with,

.. and to the other guy
it wasent as easy as Copy and Paste .... and who actually types out Ctrl + C Ctrl + V to describe copy and paste ... its just kinda lame in a car forum lol
^ just my thoughts lol

Apart from that thanks for feedback regardless and i've been thinking of different ways to work out the fitment and the gaps and will post any more progress i make
I didn't say it WAS a copy and paste I said it LOOKS like it was. I've done a dash swap in a 240 myself and I know how much work it is. I just wouldn't be happy with the results yet.

And no need to get defensive just because you got some constructive criticism. Take it and fix it.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:42 PM   #25
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slow40sx
I've always wanted to have an s15 dash in my car but unfortunately it LHD haha
Old 07-14-2010, 08:47 AM   #26
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
c72c is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
bumping an old-ish thread.

helped a friend install a 15 dash in his sil80 today.

here's the Hazard/4way wiring + pics. used the 15 button w/ pigtail spliced to the stock 13 harness.

S13 wires--- to ---S15 wires

Green/Blue-----------Red
Black----------------Black
Lt Green/Black-------Blue/White
Green/Yellow---------Green/Black
Green/Black----------White/Blue
Red/Blue-------------Red/Blue
Green/White---------Green/White
Green/Red-----------Green/Red

c72c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:05 PM   #27
nickdestcroix

been a while ... but shit i guess i'll post the odd update

have a bit of a mocked up set of door panels now

just to check the final shape i put some painters tape on it .. i've since done some trimming and sanding ... these pictures are from a few weeks ago and i've done a but more sanding and trimming to clean it up ... havent started any fiberglass work yet as the entire car is in the state of rebuild

Old 04-07-2011, 01:02 PM   #28
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
Tantwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
oh hot....
Tantwoforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:45 PM   #29
david200095367
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (42)
david200095367 has made poor choicesdavid200095367 has made poor choicesdavid200095367 has made poor choicesdavid200095367 has made poor choicesdavid200095367 has made poor choicesdavid200095367 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to david200095367
lets see more pics of the dash and those custom door panels!
david200095367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:15 PM   #30
GarageMakS145
BANNED

GarageMakS145 is an unknown quantity at this point
updates son?
GarageMakS145 is offline   Reply With Quote